minespatch

minespatch
[Minespatch] Apophenia Art

849 posts in this topic

Thanks buddy. I got a catcoon, haunted mansion, and grim fandango related pieces with Wilson in the future planned.

I love the Edward Gorey technique that the style has. It fits with my ballpoint pen/mixed media style.

Drew this yesterday. Got it finally colored a few minutes ago. I don't consider this a polished piece since I did this on my mac laptop with firealpaca so I can't smudge the anti-aliasing like I can with my pc's paintdotnet but I used paintdotnet for the subtle line coloring after I scanned it. Including the line transparency.

Got inspired while binging through NightMind's ARG reviews and my apophenia connected Everyman Hybrid's rabbit motif with the Bunnymen. While the quote reminds me of Maxwell. Also, thought it'd be wonderfully hilarious to have a floating screencap of a tweet behind the 1920s era Wilson.

I love drawing Wilson in this pose. It adds to his scientist personality. I know he's multi-layered but I just love this side of Wilson.

20160513p1-A tweet in the bunnymen ruins.png

Edited by minespatch
3 people like this

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Leonard Skinner

Sorry to correct you but isn't it Lynard Skynard?

Also, liked the way you drew Wilson in the first pic XD

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Sorry to correct you but isn't it Lynard Skynard?

Also, liked the way you drew Wilson in the first pic XD

|D.pngGoogle quick search lied to me.

Thanks buddy. Really wanted to emulate Ecfor's artwork. She's great. Very angular in execution. Wouldn't be the usual way I would draw him(There's just something really charming about Klei's super deformed style).
Though I did do the deerclops in game style, but oh well.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Though I did do the deerclops in game style, but oh well.

I liked the Deerclops too. His expression is funny :p

1 person likes this

arieleton nightmare fuel and deep thoughts.png

If I were in the game, my life source would probably be after nightmare fuel and other poisons instead of the healthier items(just like that awesome drunk skeleton from the Last Unicorn). It would be a nice balance to give me struggles.

I'm singing that Alejandro Jodorwesky song from Fando y' Lis since I was singing it out of tiredness. Kind of grim humor in a ways.

Then me having fanboy type of thoughts besides other stupid stoof. Kind of was thinking of Ron Perlman in that Call of Duty 3 zombies trailer and how much it reminded me of Don't Starve with a realistic style(including a shadow villain).

I'm also a big Tom Waits fan.

tumblr_o6upw3sX041rdjj9to1_540.png

Speaking of reaction memes, I did this edit a while back. My first Wilson terror reaction edit to be precise.

Edited by minespatch
2 people like this

Worked on these both last night and digitalized them today.

20160518p2-Fanboying at the wrong moment.png

Worked on this one first. Besides the shocking revelation of Charlie, my attention was focused on her griffin gargoyles. I have a strong love for those mythological creatures. Combination of bird and cat hybrid while also theological implications. Though knowing myself, I get a little too addictive to my own fascinations.

20160518p3-Taking a unorthadox third option maxwell.png

I'd probably steal that gramaphone and destroy that record just so I could make new music on that thing. Well, besides Tom Waits, I'm a big fan of Beck, Paul Williams, Harry Nilsson, Thee Wrecker- The list goes on.

I don't really want to draw Maxwell a lot. Something about his eyes gives me the creeps. I have a staring problem so I have to cover his eyes when I use his images for reference. Same problem with that horror movie Ju-on/Grudge. The stares just go to a psychological effect on me.

4 people like this

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

The stares just go to a psychological effect on me.

o_o

1 person likes this

I need to bring back Derp (Who's name is going to be Tiger!)

This is awesome!

1 person likes this

P.S. Loving the Yogi Bear one a lot!

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

P.S. Loving the Yogi Bear one a lot!

I blame @Bebbit for kicking my apophenia on that one. The description the person gave for their redraw made me jot that one down quickly.

3 people like this

Got into a artist karaoke mode last night. Wanting to jot down two pieces based on songs I couldn't get out of my head.

black hole maxwell.png

I wanted to do another Mind My Gap mashup due to the song Black Hole Sun. The lyrics just make me think about the omnipotence of Maxwell(well, when he's under THEM) as well as the island(might be Ultima thule from Greenland). I should probably stop drawing my persona but I just had to. Thought it'd be fun to have the shadow Maxwell's eye be the sun just like how in Mind My Gap Virgil S. Horne's eye is the sun looking down on his... "world".

From the words of a David Hasselhoff.png

Thanks to Obscura Lupa's excellent and hilarious Baywatching series, I can't get that David Hasselhoff song out of my head. "Current of Love" is that good. Yet something made me want to make my persona be a ******* and basically make poor Wilson just do the work while I do a Prince Naveen or Bob Hope(princess and the pirate).  Had to cut off the lyrics towards the end since I don't feel any romantic feelings toward the characters while also showing the snideness of my persona.

messing with my head context.png

Little context behind that one sketch as well as a better photo of my skull mask.

SAM_1565.JPG

3 people like this

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I took a picture of my local soon-to-be out-of-business Hardware store.

Seems legit XD

That cat picture is both cute and funny :p

But that face swap... 0_0

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

That cat picture is both cute and funny :p

But that face swap... 0_0

I took that picture the day I drew the Wilson spider piece, so that was quickly taken. The kitties tend to be rowdy, they like to run into the dining room, so I have to grab them all at once.

I still find the cover up colors creepier in my opinion but I can see how Korosensei's face can creep people out.|D.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-01 at 7.30.36 AM.png

1 person likes this