Forumite appreciation post!

15 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I don't feel like I should be worth mentioning, if anyone is the worst around here it's me... Sorry...

You absolutely are, I love seeing when your posts pop up in threads, there's no reason to put yourself down here, you're a great member of the community and there's nothing you can say to persuade me otherwise!

Just now, Dextops said:

almost made an entire essay about why i love that game. You're lucky i didn't

It's always crazy to see people who know and love those games like I do, and frankly I would love to hear anything you have to say about it

2 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

I don't feel like I should be worth mentioning, if anyone is the worst around here it's me... Sorry...

I love, your love, for glommer! You also have some of the nicest looking bases.

Oh and sorry I killed glommer that one time...

I would like to thank @rezecib, @DarkXero, @simplex, and @CarlZalph among others for teaching me the ways of modding through the power of Google searches. You may not know who I am, but your forum posts have aided me tremendously in my modding journey which helped in inspiring me to pursue computer science in general. If you Google "dst how to mod lua" at least one of their names is gonna show up somewhere.

7 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

You may not know who I am, but your forum posts have aided me tremendously in my modding journey which helped in inspiring me to pursue computer science in general.

Not on a personal basis, but I've seen your name floating about enough to recognize it.  Hello!

Glad that in part my efforts helped, I know it can be a bit of a steep barrier to entry for modding games.  Thankfully DST's LUA is all out in the open for anyone to peruse and alter.

...I'm not the most talkative a lot of the time, but I remember seeing you @Terra B Welch often enough before to wonder what happened to the M, hehe. Glad you're still around.

Shoutout to @minespatch for putting up with my shenanigans while we did the Metheus puzzles back then. Also for acknowledging the lore posts I make sometimes with reactions. And for their own posts. It's like having a collegue. Feelsgoodman.

@Dr. Safety, you're the source of what remains one of my favorite emotes I store in my experimenting Discord server. I'm fairly certain I extracted it from an old profile picture of yours, but at the very least, the name preserved the fact that I got it from you somehow. So uh...thanks for that.

Spoiler

UNSAFE.png.1c17135710cbb9069ce917a4e0cafa99.png

@__IvoCZE__ it's nice to see that avatar still flopping around, briefly overtaking the forums with those things was some of the most fun I've had in this lovely meme hell. I love everyone that got swept up in that, haha.

There are a lot of really neat people that I still see around here. @Canis, @Hornete, @-Variant, @GetNerfedOn, @ADM, @DragonMage156...I could go on for a while if I kept sifting through my memories.

Just know that whoever you are, whatever you do here, someone appreciates you.

Spoiler

...hm, I wonder if I can summon back @Footman Crouch to gaze upon their creations from a distance again.

24 minutes ago, maradyne said:

...I'm not the most talkative a lot of the time, but I remember seeing you @Terra B Welch often enough before to wonder what happened to the M, hehe. Glad you're still around.

McCloud was a dumb and cringy middle name, I didn't like it, and Bethany holds something more close to my family, hence the B.

Also how does my mindless yapping deserve any appreciation?

9 hours ago, maradyne said:

There are a lot of really neat people that I still see around here. @Canis, @Hornete, @-Variant, @GetNerfedOn, @ADM, @DragonMage156...I could go on for a while if I kept sifting through my memories

Reveal hidden contents

...hm, I wonder if I can summon back @Footman Crouch to gaze upon their creations from a distance again.

Oh, I certainly wasn't expecting this.

In truth, I actively try to keep a 10 foot pole between me and the klei forums usually, mainly because I was very stupid and dumb on here when I was 15. I still roll my eyes when I think about how elitist I was. I also prided myself in risky humor, which is always not the best idea.

Maybe I'll take a peek at the forums now more often than previous. Im still active in the community. Anywho, thanks for the shoutout!

Shout to @minespatch of course for always being up for a chat, I look forward to talking to you every day. Thank you.

@ZTheNecromancer for being a great friend who's always around for me to talk to. You're never afraid to give some constructive critique on my work, and you've helped a ton for my growth as an artist, as a writer, and as a friend. Thank you.

@Whisperlisc for being a cool dude who makes cool art. You're always improving and it's been really cool to watch you grow as an artist. Plus, you've been following my work since I first started posting art. Thank you.

@Gabu Gabu even though you're not very active anymore, your art style is so expressive and I always get excited when I see a new post from you. I've loved seeing your work and your growth. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

@Whisperlisc for being a cool dude who makes cool art. You're always improving and it's been really cool to watch you grow as an artist. Plus, you've been following my work since I first started posting art. Thank you.

awww that's nice thanks Blue! You are super cool friend and doing awesome art too!

On 11/19/2021 at 10:37 PM, Canis said:

Oh, I certainly wasn't expecting this.

In truth, I actively try to keep a 10 foot pole between me and the klei forums usually, mainly because I was very stupid and dumb on here when I was 15. I still roll my eyes when I think about how elitist I was. I also prided myself in risky humor, which is always not the best idea.

Maybe I'll take a peek at the forums now more often than previous. Im still active in the community. Anywho, thanks for the shoutout!

sappy GNO ahead lmao

Spoiler

awwww you know ole GNO doesn't really care about what you did then. lord God and y'all know I'm such a sap but i still gotta get this off of my chest

When other forumites did'nt heed my call to play in Sanctuary, you were there when i needed someone to play DST with and talk to and work with Rosa on, and that really means much to me regardless of what you think you were or did :)

Anyroad, though we really don't talk as we used to, I'm glad you're alive and well, and flourishing in your chosen field :D I pray for more successes on your end, given what you've been through, old friend.

First of all: Sorry for a bit of a necro post. And secondly:

On 11/18/2021 at 10:50 PM, Dr. Safety said:

It's odd since this person just kinda vanished, but I always thought that @Sinister_Fang brought a lot to the table in terms of discussions. Wherever they are, I hope they are doing well

I am in fact still alive and doing well.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, Szczuku said:

- @Sinister_Fang tbh I have no idea why but you just resonate chill, lurker vibes and I respect that

Apparently I resonated chill, lurker vibes so hard I just vanished entirely.

@alicoolios for having the most adorable art style on these forums :wilson_love:

@Dextops for being extremely humble and for loving Wurt as much as I do

@Blue Moth for being a really nice person on these forums and having a great art style

@minespatch is a cool guy

@JoeW for the funny updates

@ImDaMisterL is also a cool guy

@viberr is one of the kindest people I've met on these forums

And ofc you can't forget @NightfallsCurse for everything she's done on the forums

@Dr.Medic is another really kind person I'd love to shoutout

@Mike23Ua is another great person!

@Hornete for doin some cool mods to see in the steam workshop and being able to give more details in numbers in updates and the likes

@Dextops for being a reasonable person whit sometimes funny things to say too, always good

@LinknAllie for the didication of waning wagstaff, no matter what may come in his way

@NightfallsCurse for remembering me that this place exist, and alsol wanting wurt to be fixed and better, and thats a realy good thing

@minespatch i just have to say hello to a fellow person doin art and stuff, even if we both are not on an even level at all, hes way better at it, alsol he likes dragon quest, thats a big bonus too

@Blue Moth hes artsy too, and i do like what he has created, realy good stuff i have seen

_lvoCZE_ im sorry first of all for not being able to like mention you whit that icon and orange, it seems not to work for you for some reason im not sure why, maybe i dit something wrong, not sure why, but i just wanted to say to you, every time i see your profile icon, i get a small laught on it, whit that maxwell head bobbel dance

and of course the klei team, i mean, if it was not for them, i, and many others would not even be here,

and whit that, you all and everyone that i may not have named, have all a good time, full of fun and other good times

Archived