GORGE Help & Recipe Thread

Amiexa

logo.png.ef15b4c95babf90725165b5b53d031c8.png

Hello there! This thread is for sharing recipes and tips for the GORGE Event. 

tips.png.a687971f2109d481a8b0647d1a10fa39.png

steam.png.7c7869f1d6f29c7753d37a9a325d4ca9.png  For more detailed Guide and Walkthrough by Raenboe : Your Guide to being Gorge-ous!

Or if you prefer to play the game without any guide, below are some tips you should to know: 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
: Tips play the GORGE Event :
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

• You need to feed the right CRAVINGS, Mumsy (Mama Goat) will tell you what Gnaw wants.
  • Correct Cravings = the slower Gnaw Meter will reduce. 
  • There's also a recipe book on your bottom right, you can see more details of what recipe will drop what coins after you unlock them.
  • Some rare drops (drops different than the usual coin) are used to buy Key to open the Gate to get more or better ingredients.
  • The CookPot seems to work easily with everything at the beginning of gameplay.
  • Balance the money for buying food and to buy Grill/Oven.
  • Food perish very quickly in the game, so be prepared what recipe to use them. 
  • It is POSSIBLE to win the game with 2 Players or Solo (1 Player)

Each Characters of Don't Starve Together have their own Specialties : click on this link to view
---- Players can also "switch roles" by giving their tools to other player. 
---- Basically, there's no such thing as roles, but it's easier to work together this way. 
---- It is recommend that players try to learn or memorize the recipe and be the Chef, especially for level 30+ 

: The CHEF : 

• Wait for the pot to change animation to know it's done cooking (it has tiny steam come out) 
  • Recommend to switch roles between roles with Farmer. 
  • Chef are usually the shopper for every items. Drop some unused coins for the Farmer to allow them buy seeds. 

: The LOGGER / RUNNER : 

• Harvesting about 40 woods is already enough for 8 cravings round. 
  • Mushroom is near the forests, be careful not to pick them up since it will not grow back, rotate the map frequently. 
  • Collect 10 woods to trade with Pig Elder to get Bucket-O-Poop, the poop is used for speed grow crops.
  • Dig out tree's stump using shovel (Trade logs with Pig Elder) is much faster.
  • The Logger is in charge for Salt Run and checking the Sap's Tappers. 
  • Salt Run :
    - Harvest Salt from the Salt Rack then grind them using Millstone.
    - Trade the 3 Salts for a Key from the Pig Elder. 
    - Bring the key to the Ponds area, find the safe and unlock them. (Drag the key to the safe)
    - Open the safe, take all the items then place all the items at the base. 
    - Repeat 3 times as there are 3 safes. 

: The FARMER

• Don't spend all seeds respectively since the food perish very fast. 
  • Recommend to switch roles with Chef, leave your garden hoe on the farm area when helping Forager. 
  • Wheat mostly needed to make Flour in the cooking. See the below for seed information. 
  • Do not harvest the crops, just leave them rot itself unless the crops is needed for cooking.
  • Do not leave the harvested crops on the ground, the Rabbits will eat them. 
  • Do not leave the unpacked seeds on the ground, the birds will eat them. 

: SEEDS

• Fluffy = Potato
  • Round = Turnip
  • Pointy = Onion
  • Oblong = Carrot
  • Blue = Wheat
  • Spiky Seeds = Tomato 
  • Seed Pods = Garlic
  • Rotten Stumps = Mushroom

: GNAW Cravings Round :
--- The rounds can be random sometimes

1. Snack
  2. Bread / Veggies
  3. Soup / Meat / Fish
  4. Dessert
  5. Veggies / Snack / Soup
  6. Fish / Meat / Bread 
  7. Pasta
  8. Dessert
  9. Cheese

: OTHERS :

• Salt : Salt rack and install over salt pond. Wait until it is ready to harvest (about 1 half minutes) then grind them at the Millstone. 
  • Meat : From buying birds from Billy or from Trapping birds or Rabbits. 
  • Flour : Need 2 Wheat, use on Whet Stone to make the Flour. 
  • Spice : Collect 3 spotted fern at the "Sugar Forest", then grind using Millstone.
  • Syrup :  Buy Tappers from Pipton or Unlock one of the Safe (Luck). Need 3 saps, cook in Sap pot. 
  • Crab : Get crab trap from Billy. It requires one red mark coin. Note : If the living Crab is dropped on the ground, it will run away instantly.  
  • THERE ARE THREE SAFE, ONE OF THEM HIDDEN NEAR THE MILLSTONE (Wheat Grinder Stone). Just rotate the Map. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
: The ACHIEVEMENTS Tips : 

Note --- This is not a guide to unlock the achievements. You can read some of the guides at the Buddy's Thread Section below. 

: No Silver Linings Achievement : 

• Silver Plate is not needed for this achievement. So there's no need for Salt Run but the Salt will help to increase the Gnaw Meter time.
  • You need to run for Syrup instead, which is Tapper needed to taps Sap.
  • Usually, minimum rounds are 20 Cravings rounds. Which is 20 food you need to cook.
  • You can skip some cravings, but you have to made it up for the next craving fast and salted them so the timer won't decrease fast.
  • Just use the simplest recipes, since it is faster and easier to cook.
  • For the Favor coins, only Dessert Rounds can get them, so you need 3 Dessert Rounds.
  • Your first dessert round is for getting Sapphire coin to unlock the gate and Tapping saps.
  • Your first favor is by cooking Dessert with Syrups. 
  • Your next Dessert Rounds will be recipe with milk, so spend your Red Mark Coin wisely. 

: Zero Wait-Staff Achievement

• You will have to cook below 7 Cravings. Salt Run is important to get the Silver Plates and Cooking Items from the Safes.
  • You need your second Craving to be on Silver Plate, then all the next cravings must be in Silver Plate. 
  • During the second round, Buy Salt Rack then wait for the salt to be ready and opening the safe. Don't worry, you have enough time. 
  • Do not cook the food before the salt is ready. Wait until the runner trade the salt for the key. 

: RECIPES of the Gorge Event  : 

klei.png.73be1ab542f41256cf7b54ca4ce76470.png

After the GORGE Official Release, Klei also releases The Recipe Book databased.
The Recipe Book shows the list of recipes that have been unlocked or found by players during in-game.

5b25e3be37c18_RecipeBook.thumb.png.01e0fa7ba3c93c7d20b5916203682ce5.png       

The Official GORGE Recipe Bookhttps://forums.kleientertainment.com/gorge-recipe-book

Others.png.b56c566a24a0fbb64ead13f5631d413c.png

Other Amazing Recipes List and Books made by Don't Starve Together Fans and Communities:  

5b26b40763153_kleiforums.png.15e184bf13b485a223090ef17967d854.png

Forums : Mumsy's Recipe Book [Printable] by @SkyCommision & @gwacha

The Gorge Recipe Filter by @cheewind & @adai1198 

6 dish Solo Wes strat 100% consistent RNG Proof by @Zarklord

Fandom_Wikia_Logo.png.91ba4f98f596ff490a3600f8e3d46b95.png   Don't Starve Wiki : The Gorge Event Recipes

steam.png.7c7869f1d6f29c7753d37a9a325d4ca9.png 

Guides : The Gorge Recipes / Рецепты The Gorge [RUSSIAN] by @SkyToFly 

Recommend ModsThe Gorge - Endless Gorging Mod [English], translated by @xyrilyn

Reddit.png.69e4e7bec8ebd5cccd79e5996e05cf89.png  An Attempt At Compiling Gorge Recipes [DOC Sheet] shared by @xyrilyn

Google.png.5a248a8e0d52a8b29212c89adb896f17.png   Gyorg Recipe List [DOC Sheet] given by @Ressayez (Contains specific Offerings drops according to Cravings)

Discord.png.b335dd19231dbc66624b9ad22a84a330.png  DST Gorge Recipe [DOC Sheet] by Don't Starve Together Steam Group : Diverse Survivors 

Collection.png.bc054f7cf019845c527e9edb26b0b0b9.png

The Recipe Collection is fan made recipe book made by me, with help from other awesome players.

: Updates List :

• The GORGE [Beta] Release : 12 June 2018  : forum link 

• GORGE Recipe and Help Thread OPEN : 13 June 2018
    Host by Amiexa

• The GORGE Official Release : 14th June 2018 until July 9th 2018

• Recipe Update : 16 June 2018. ( New Look ) 

If you read my previous post, It took me about 17 hours to make the documents/images below (I didn't rest too). :'D
Nothing special I guess, I just took from all from Klei The Recipe Book and simplified them for personal uses. 
Feel free to download and use them. Do share with your friends too!

• Recipe Update : 17 June 2018 (Text Version is Out) 

As some players requested, I've finish the text version. The behind the scene can be found on the link below:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/91741-gorge-help-recipe-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1051221
Also, the Thread is added banner for more organize view. 

• Recipe Update : 22 June 2018 [Fix Image Version]

Fix image version for Cravings; Meat, Soup and Veggies. Thanks to @Orangex for the heads up! 
About the version 2, I planned not to do it since some recipes above already done it and the Official Recipe Book has been updated.
This is probably my last update for the recipes, Thank you so much everyone! :)

5b26813edf1c3_Textver.png.70c6befe9e421b3af11a1343f73dc661.png

Preview Content : 

2018-06-18_013038.thumb.png.bb6fdcf9d29ea97c01a8495b96c8a47c.png

The Text Version of the Recipe is made using Notepad and Uploaded at Pastebin.com,
It is very useful when you want to highlight ingredients fast using Ctrl+ F or "Find in Page" using mobile. 
below are the links and download file: 

1. Tap the Menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) .
  2. Select the Request Desktop Site checkbox (you may need to tap More first)

1. To print, click on the print button on the top right. Or download the pdf file below instead. 

• Recipe PDF File, uploaded via Klei ForumGORGE Recipe Text Version.pdf
    *** Download only works if you have Klei Forum account. 

• Recipe Original Notepad file, uploaded via Klei ForumOriginal Text Recipe.txt
    *** Download only works if you have Klei Forum account. 

Note: If the text is scattered, you may need to change the Browser Window size (using windowed mode instead of full screen) or
          zoom out the page. If you still having hard time, download this doc version below and open the file using Microsoft Word
          application, though it's a bit ugly : 

GORGE Recipe Text Version (Microsoft Word).doc   *** Download only works if you have Klei Forum account.

5b26813e15693_PictureVer.png.f8a8e55409c37dbf05cd2727dfe77aec.png

All the recipe is collected from Klei's Official Recipe Book and compiled by me using Photoshop.

Note: The Coloured Background of the recipe is the type of Cooking Station that you should use. 
          I have listed the information on the forth picture. Please do not remove forum Title and link. 
          If you found mistake, please inform them in this forum. 

Scroll down more below for Cravings Collections. 

**** Important : 
                 - Offerings drops can be different based on Luck, not enough Rounds, giving Gnaw wrong Cravings and Spoiled foods.
                 - Read the Cravings section for the Offerings drop related. 

5b247b30c87f7_01Everything.thumb.png.5d759efda4c2de05c86ba662862865de.png5b247b42f3288_02Everything.thumb.png.682fc0c32fe7a676866c312026e0ceb3.png

5b247b551e800_03Everything.thumb.png.661227124be7a448bd7f93e631e08491.png5b25e38a1647a_04Everything.thumb.png.05f1244009f45963f715cefbe0aee68e.png

cravings.png.36ec26229440013922c01b5f2c0218b5.png

Users been telling me that they didn't get Favor offerings in some of the recipe, apparently the game mechanism is very detailed.
It may need to a lot more research for every 70 recipes for each cravings that have and a lot of players to cooperate. 
Though, if you didn't get the Favor offerings, you may get 1 Red Mark. If you didn't get Red Mark, you may get Sapphire.
If you didn't get Sapphire, you may get Coins. So you may need to experiment the recipe yourself.... 

OR Wait for a little longer, other players been research about it, they on their way finishing the documents:D

The database recipe book works differently from our in-game one, in that the rewards it saves are the best given at optimal cravings.

Our recipe book in-game will save the most recent reward we got for it.
As long as the Klei database has a favor shown on it, there must be at least 1 craving in there that gives it under the circumstances.

It is far too much work to test each craving out to determine if the rewards are the same or lesser in the small span of time left for the event unless the community works together to figure it all out. Although I do have to point out that the differences can be major in the coin pay-out.

@Extant Thank you for the heads up! 

If you want to win the game solo or get the achievement for less than 7 dishes, visit:

5b247d933c804_01Snack.thumb.png.53ecd4dc882d35ab07f31037a087206e.png 5b247d7800907_01Snack2.thumb.png.a02246f9d78b8454602cece387f0673c.png

5b247daeacd40_02Bread.thumb.png.3e70e96e9553ae4552c0e8e58952e836.png soup.thumb.png.57cab5ea441543864dba52f5333e9f0f.png

5b2c8f4316bfd_Veggie1.thumb.png.c22e4b7cb064edd135303ee64a994860.png 5b2c8f607fbb6_Veggie2.thumb.png.3e54aa7d4b559a8de417573c804b74ac.png

5b2c8ee8d4fd1_meat1.thumb.png.1ba6d1961c2c5ca12e89992c067625ac.png 5b2c8f0805c32_meat2.thumb.png.624dc89ff22bcefa33847c530d6fcf15.png

5b247e3c03e20_07Cheese.thumb.png.259634c9f3b927a0fd5c39ad98600a25.png 5b247e5951796_08Pasta.thumb.png.a2abdd4338e83f2a6b2d98d062b40fed.png

5b247e762f3e4_09Dessert.thumb.png.888dbdc8983eaaf44ebfd859fa4dc167.png 5b25e3a751459_05Fish.thumb.png.889177eeaa45d80aac19db8ef70ae3bb.png

If you having hard times understand the images or if you have idea for simpler design, do ask/tell me in this forum.

Buddies.png.5040db9f7d98a03b6c867d224322249b.png

5b26b40763153_kleiforums.png.15e184bf13b485a223090ef17967d854.png Forums: 

Gorge [Beta] Thread: 

credits.png.47152fdf7fe39779e0d9839b42438534.png

FOR ANYONE THAT HELP THIS THREAD WILL BE TAGGED HERE. DO COMMENT OR CHAT ME IF YOUR USERNAME IS NOT IN THE LIST. 

@The Noon Fish @amethystMushroom @landromat @HeatAndRun @bradk_1749 @webbermain252 @Alacandor @Quoth143 @Zhuzha @Ali Bun  @Mixbri@I Heart Popcorn @jem288 @Red Rain @Acid Rain @Cef @Axelocke @gustavogsl @GearNdlb519 @zepplin12 @Hungryeviltoast @collect12 @Chewy Candy @Mikro @Sultanamir @EzLo54 @HardenSugar @orian34 @thenumberf5ve @Purple Mandrake @Fluffy animal @squidley @ItsPizzaTime @AlasKa1999 @MatheusR31 @Zillvr @GottaBeGreg @FuffledBeeQueen @Alarsin @MrDeepDarkmind @Moonshade @SovietPotato @TieuPhong @Wesguerber @none06 @Zeklo @Caoticose @Nanoking308 @DragonMage156 @Extant @Predator25 @xyrilyn @Ressayez @Seri @SkyCommision @gwacha @Orangex @SkyToFly @Zarklord

Thank you so much to the DST Diverse Survivors, DST Chinese Community and the tagged usernames above for sharing their recipes during the GORGE [Beta] release and after the official release. We found about 60 recipes during the BETA release before the Recipe Book database exists; from users who help here, Steam Groups Discord chat, others guides, and users sharing from their own communities. 
This may sound kind of cheesy but it's been a wonderful experience to be with you all, love you all!  

Also, Thank You Klei Team and Devs for making this tasty event that we're starving for. :wilson_love:  Bon Appétit!!! 

8 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

I've tried for 5 sessions in the BETA. So here's my experience: Its pretty quick to "die" too. oOof! I do wish we can walk faster or Gnaw chomps slower. My first two I did with 3 players, the last three with 2 players. Seriously, you need 3 players because there's so much work to do. Though I survive longer in the last session since we know some recipe because of our previous fails. 

First, you need to feed the right CRAVINGS, Mumsy (Mama Goat) will tell you what Gnaw wants.
Be ready for various crops and woods. Turnip (that purple and beige carrot?) kind of sucks, or maybe I didn't find the right recipe yet. 
The cooking will need only 3 ingredients instead of the usual 4 ingredients. 
The pot seems to work easily with everything, also foods perish very quickly. So balance the money for buying food and to buy Grill/Oven. 
Most stuff work with 3 items per crock pot (except 3 Turnip and 3 Mushrooms), I haven't try with two stuff per crock pot. 

Some advices: 
- Chef please don't leave the cook. Wait for the pot to change animation to know it's done cooking (it has tiny steam come out) 
- Forager get ready with lots of woods or the food won't cook faster. Don't pick up mushrooms yet unless you have the idea which ingredient to mix. 
- I think Farmer can give the hoe to Chef and let the Chef do the farm while Farmer helps the Forager and talk to villagers for items.
- Everyone please do give idea to the Chef because the ingredients are all new. 

Here the recipes that we've got right: 

• Fist Full of Jam : 3 berries (Cravings - Snack & Dessert)
  • *Carrot Soup : 3 Carrots
  • Meatballs : 2 Potato + 1 meat (Cravings - Snack & Meat)
  • Potato Soup : 3 Potatoes ( Cravings - Snack, Soup, Veggies)
  • *Fish Stew : Potato, Fish, Turnip 

*we don't know what craving for this food because we fail before manage to feed Gnaw.
Also Turnip is the purple and beige one, or was it called Parsnip? Too much panic to read what everything says. 
I think the recipe is not restricted to same ingredients, though there are 70 RECIPES so I'm not convince. 

So guys, please do share your recipe here, I will try to list them here on the second post if I can. 
If you're a modder maybe you can crack the recipe code lol jk don't want to ruined the fun right but I've lost 5 times in 45 minutes why

<save for recipes list> 

You're right, the timer is so quickly draining. But I guess that's part of the game. 

9 minutes ago, glommerhugger said:

You're right, the timer is so quickly draining. But I guess that's part of the game. 

Yea, you can't fail at least 3 cooks. Still, it's addicting with all the rush. 

8 minutes ago, amethystMushroom said:

Potato, fish, and flour makes fish and chips, for 12 coins.

Also, I've been looking for a recipe list, but i think they are stored server-side and therefore uncrackable.

Thanks for the recipe! :D So, I guess we have to keep on trying and guess the recipe then, pretty cool. 

2 minutes ago, amethystMushroom said:

Potato, fish, and flour makes fish and chips, for 12 coins.

Also, I've been looking for a recipe list, but i think they are stored server-side and therefore uncrackable.

Grill food, i guess?

3 flour - bread (oven) Bread, Snack

3 vegetables - vegetable soup (pot) snack

1 fish 2 vegetables - fish stew (pot) fish, soup

1 veg 2 turnips - turnip cake (oven) veggie,snack

3 potato - potato pancakes (grill) veggie, snack

2 fish 1 stick - fishball skewers (grill) fish, snack

2 meat - stick - meat skewers (grill) meat,snack

2 potato 1 flour - Croquette (oven) snack

1 meat 2 veg - meatloaf (oven)

2 berries 1 flour - jelly roll (oven) dessert

1 carrot 2 flour - carrot cake (Oven) dessert

OP you better add all information to info table, or something 

I got some oven foods for y'all!

jelly roll = 2 berries and a flour
meatloaf = 3 meat scraps OR 2 meat scraps 1 veggie
roast veggies = three different veggies (we used mushrooms, a carrot and a potato)
bread = 3 flour carrot cake = 2 flour 1 carrot

I found there's another thread about recipe after the Moderator move this thread. Ops, sorry 
Still, I will update this thread anyway and quote some others from the other thread to help. 

2 minutes ago, bradk_1749 said:

Okay - I've updated my collated tables into a google doc you can view here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1woivrJSzmS0xbTLqQ7FBSsft9cQLAKZFN5JmQ1KlinU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks bradk_1749, this is an awesome idea!
I hope you don't mind me using this on my thread (I will credit to you) unless you want to create your own thread ? 

1 hour ago, amethystMushroom said:

This is correct, the recipe patterns are on the server and it'll spit back if what you cooked was proper.  If so, then it will also send a klump key to decrypt the name of the dish as well as its assets used to display in the client.

The keys are quite long and aren't feasible to bruteforce.

41 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

This is correct, the recipe patterns are on the server and it'll spit back if what you cooked was proper.  If so, then it will also send a klump key to decrypt the name of the dish as well as its assets used to display in the client.

The keys are quite long and aren't feasible to bruteforce.

So only the server knows the recipe, and presumably the recipe is written in code that we don't know exactly which ingredients right?  
Though I was hoping for someone at least know the Pasta Recipe. 

23 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

So only the server knows the recipe, and presumably the recipe is written in code that we don't know exactly which ingredients right?  
Though I was hoping for someone at least know the Pasta Recipe. 

I post a pasta recipe with that casserola in the pink garden shop

it needs the big oven from the park with the following ingredients

Lasagna

Flour

Tomatoe

Mushroom

Meat

It will give you 8 coins and 2 saphire coins

5 minutes ago, GearNdlb519 said:

Lasagna

Flour

Tomatoe

Mushroom

Mea

So they have like different bigger area?? Do we have to move the "base" there? 
I was the Chef and the Farmer so I can't move around a lot. How do you make Lasagna though? 

15 minutes ago, GearNdlb519 said:

Lasagna

Flour

Tomatoe

Mushroom

Meat

I recommend a salt rush and get the key with the big goat

So you can plate the lasagna and get 1 red mark, 1 saphire and 7 coins :)

4 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

So they have like different bigger area?? Do we have to move the "base" there? 
I was the Chef and the Farmer so I can't move around a lot. How do you make Lasagna though? 

No just take the tomatoes seeds and probably the big casserola (depending if you rush the salt)

image.thumb.png.451b5f36ac7d8c49c1c85784ecdbce3e.png

20 minutes ago, Acid Rain said:

3 potatoes in the oven makes potato chips.

Thank you! :)

10 minutes ago, GearNdlb519 said:

I recommend a salt rush and get the key with the big goat

So you can plate the lasagna and get 1 red mark, 1 saphire and 7 coins :)

No just take the tomatoes seeds and the big casserola

How do you make the Lasagna? What do you mean salt rush? 
I think I need to play more to understand, but I haven't sleep yet for a day. lol 

***edit, OOOHHHHH NOW I UNDERSTAND AFTER YOU POST THE IMAGE. THANK YOUUU :DDDD

22 minutes ago, gustavogsl said:

refine the plants of the pink area

you can only get in there after the dessert round though. you gotta give the gnaw a dessert on round 4, then take the sapphire token and hand it over to sammy for an iron key.

There appears to be a semi-random chance for failure when cooking. Either that or the lag is so horrendously bad at times the server isn't sending my client the updated information for the cook station to show the steam effect before a valid recipe burns. I tried to make potato soup and never saw steam and ended up with wet goop.

Someone mentioned it may be due to cooking at max fire size but with the time limit being so harsh why wouldn't you blast the fires so high?

Archived