Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Amiexa

GORGE Help & Recipe Thread

Recommended Posts

Amiexa    135
16 minutes ago, SkyToFly said:

Could someone find png food icons and ingredients? 

Browsing the internet and chats for hours, found none. Well except this one: 
ff3c4a9197e832f056eabd3646382c82.thumb.PNG.3404f41e344eedfc67ed7a25e2685f69.PNG

We may need modders to extract the image file in the data folder.
I'm not-so a good modder, I know XNB, not XML, or was it the same? I will look harder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fuffles    4220
27 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

Browsing the internet and chats for hours, found none. Well except this one: 
ff3c4a9197e832f056eabd3646382c82.thumb.PNG.3404f41e344eedfc67ed7a25e2685f69.PNG

We may need modders to extract the image file in the data folder.
I'm not-so a good modder, I know XNB, not XML, or was it the same? I will look harder. 

Well there comes a problem, they secured it, further than just dyn'ing
Name strings are not readable files
Tex are encrypted
Anims are Advanced Dyns according to those that have a dyn decompiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    19842

The fact there's an achievement for "no silver plated meals given" means you can get favor from... well none-silver plated meals. They must be super advanced since that's the case.

That's insane.

 

EDIT: That or, when the Gnaw's appeasement reaches a large number he gives them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have just won our first game 

GG <3 

20180614030558_2.jpg

30 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The fact there's an achievement for "no silver plated meals given" means you can get favor from... well none-silver plated meals. They must be super advanced since that's the case.

That's insane.

 

EDIT: That or, when the Gnaw's appeasement reaches a large number he gives them.

Trifle is a meal that requires no silver plate for the favor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Atkvin    567
51 minutes ago, Purple Mandrake said:

We have just won our first game 

GG <3 

20180614030558_2.jpg

Trifle is a meal that requires no silver plate for the favor

Awesome!! Still trying lol, I'll try again later.

Someone also said Macaroni and Cheese gives a favor without specifying a silver plate, so presumably that means you don't need it for that recipe either. So Macaroni for the Cheese round, Trifle for a dessert round, that's 2 gnaw favors, right?

(dumb question: how exactly do you get syrup, by the way?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    19842
8 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

(dumb question: how exactly do you get syrup, by the way?)

Tree taps = sap (x3) + sap pot = syrup.

EDIT: I tried to be clever but to clarify. A single tree tap gives 1 sap, but you get 3 taps. It takes 3 sap to make a syrup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amiexa    135
1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Well there comes a problem, they secured it, further than just dyn'ing
Name strings are not readable files
Tex are encrypted
Anims are Advanced Dyns according to those that have a dyn decompiler

Yea, a modder told me that too on my first page. Though I expect it was just the recipe, not the game image files.
But I'm no know-it-all anyways. I do hope they might release the images in the Don't Starve wiki when official event starts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pruinae    1459

Here's a compilation of useful recipes:

3IQW0rZ.png

The ones in red are "late" game, the ones in blue are "early" game.

Early game
Jelly Sandwich - Easy early game bread craving. 
Stone Soup - You can do it right as you get out of the portal and count as a snack. TEN COINS
Jelly Roll - Really easy to do as first dessert. You can use the sapphire coin to get the key with the merm and open the iron gate.
Meatballs - I don't really know another considerably easy early meat carving so I go with Meatballs.

Late Game
Spaghetti and Meatball (I find it funny how it is just a singular Meatball) - You can get a mark from pasta/meat carving (if silver plated).
Lasagna - Pretty much the same as the Spaghetti.
Bread Pudding - If you have Syrup you can do this considerably easy dessert and get a mark (as stated in the DST Gorge Recipes sheet you don't need a silver plate to get a mark from it).
Grilled Cheese - Gets done REALLY REALLY fast which means it burns REALLY REALLY easily, I recommend to use medium fire to make this one, It's a considerably easy snack and bread for more milk (or anything you want to use the mark for).
Macaroni and Cheese - Easy to do, didn't tested without the silver plate.
Pizza - You get a mark AND a favor when you use a silver plate, it's good to keep making favor-worthy dishes. (May count as bread/meat/snack didn't tested it, also its PIZZA)
Trifle - You don't need to silver plate it to get a favor, usually this is my last dish.
Cheesecake - Same as pizza but it's a dessert and uses 2 milk, you can use this one as your last dish if you don't have silver plates to make dishes favor-worthy or flour to make Trifle.

A worth to mention tip is to make and trade salt for the key with the pig king, use the key to open a safe in the city, use the plate that was in the safe to get a mark and use the mark to make more mark-worthy (or both mark and favor-worthy) dishes, I usually can manage to get the first mark-worthy pasta dish silver plated with this strategy. (You probably can get marks in a easier way but this is the way I know)

Also, is really good to know stuff like that a mark is worthy THREE milks with Mumsy.

I hope this helps!

( @Mikro's Stone Soup is really really good as the first snack)

 

Note: The Grilled Cheese gives one less old coin if silver plated, maybe a bug? Or the plate is too fancy for the meal? dunno

Note²: The DST Gorge Recipes Sheet states that the silver plated pizza gives a Sapphire and a Favor, but it is actually a Mark and a Favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zillvr    1795
2 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

How do you get the sap?

Requires Sapphire Medallion: Get Sugarwood Memorial Park Key from Sammy (basic seed merchant) > Open iron gate > Buy Tree Tapping Kit from Pipton (merchant in Sugarwood Memorial Park) > Use Tree Tapping Kit on Sugarwood Trees > Wait > Get Sap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pruinae    1459
4 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

does anyone know why fish pudding keeps failing? It's 1 fish, 1 flour, and 1 milk right?

Are you using the correct Station to make it? (In the sheet it says cookpot)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    19842
1 minute ago, wantuilbasilio said:

How do you get milk? I'm stuck in this part if someone can help me. Thank you.

 

And how does the gorge win?

You can get milk from mumsy for a Red Mark. You get a Red Mark for giving specific food/specific food on plates/bowls.

To win you need to get 3 Favors which are earned by giving the highest tier food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Henry Hills    84
2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You can get milk from mumsy for a Red Mark. You get a Red Mark for giving specific food/specific food on plates/bowls.

To win you need to get 3 Favors which are earned by giving the highest tier food.

what food do you suggest to win the '' red mark ''?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    19842
Just now, wantuilbasilio said:

what food do you suggest to win the '' red mark ''?

Tomato Soup in a silver bowl when the Gnaw asks for that type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites