Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

3) By common sense it shouldn't, but I've been recently shown that it does, as long as you eat the buff then ride the beefalo. Some buffs seems to pass to the beefalo (which ones exactly, I'm not sure)

The damage multiplier buffs like voltgoatjelly and spicy flakes work but garlic powder doesn't. I'm not sure why garlic powder doesn't work but I think the damage multiplier buffs work for the same reason that using ranged weapons on beefalo give ornery points, because the player is "technically" controlling the attacking. For this reason dismounting from a beefalo that you were attacking with will have the enemy targeting the player and not the beefalo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bluepufferfish said:

The damage multiplier buffs like voltgoatjelly and spicy flakes work but garlic powder doesn't. I'm not sure why garlic powder doesn't work but I think the damage multiplier buffs work for the same reason that using ranged weapons on beefalo give ornery points, because the player is "technically" controlling the attacking. For this reason dismounting from a beefalo that you were attacking with will have the enemy targeting the player and not the beefalo.  

Have you tried feeding a garlic seasoned dish to the beefalo while consuming the volt goat jelly and chili seasoning?

• Sad Dupe 1

Okay I have a very very serious question, I had been campaigning for this to happen for quite some time pretty aggressively awhile back (as some of you may know) But now I’m just to the point that I’m extremely sad to NOT see it there.

The Question: Why is Don’t Starve Together STILL Not featured in the Xbox Live Events Beta app? Does Klei have to like pay Microsoft extra to get the game promoted here or something? To me it seems like an excellent way to get DST more widely known by people who do not even know it exists.

If your wondering what an Xbox Events App is- click this link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mspoweruser.com/new-events-app-for-xbox-will-offer-you-information-on-the-in-game-events/amp/

As you can see here- The Events App shows little blocks for each game & keeps up with events ongoing in games on Xbox live, as well as their start and end dates if the event has one.. or the announcement of A new Content update that has no end date.

If you click on one of these blocks by pressing A you can get more details about the game in question such as a Trailer of the new event/update, purchase info for the game, Screenshots etc..

So in DSTs case you would see an event block For Hallowed Nights Limited Time Event as well as a clear start on and end date for that event.

Then in a separate block DST would have Forgotten knowledge content update that showcases only the updates release date with no ending date available (though of course this block would be updated with the latest content update announcement)

F7A31C88-32ED-4458-9C91-1F78B9D7CA72.thumb.jpeg.92fc1c6203537950e404a6ce779288f4.jpeg
9BF36B18-E6A9-45BE-9F1E-7E9DCAA3F7BC.thumb.jpeg.153a970ca334dda406b31f42cd3b327d.jpeg

2C019B41-BB31-405F-808F-0BB658A1263E.thumb.jpeg.c65986fe7b084cd43882d074adebfae9.jpeg

Basically the TL:DR- it’s the lazy way for Xbox players who don’t visit these forums or are even aware that this game exists at all.. it is a easy way to get the game right in their face and hopefully spark their curiosity as to what it is and bring in more DST players to Xbox Live.

I can see absolutely Zero downsides to having this for DST.. unless Klei has to pay Microsoft to advertise the game here.

So theres my Question- Why isn’t DST featured in the Xbox Live Events app yet?

Edited by Mike23Ua

Hey is anyone else having problems with the game? Like I put a password on my room to pass through Summer Season Alone (I always password lock Summer..) But the problem- I can’t REMOVE the Password now, used to I could clear the Password by erasing whatever the PW was and pressing Y (Space) to clear the PW and make the room public again. But NOW it won’t clear the PW help...? :(  

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey is anyone else having problems with the game?

A couple of weeks ago I launched a server only to discover that the settings were a little messed with (missing mods, had other mods turned on, PvP was off and for context, I have it turned on as to distinguish this slot from my other one). I think what happened is that the settings of this slot had somehow changed to the ones of my other one. Or it could just be a case of "cat sat on my keyboard", which isn't unbelievable. :wilson_smile:

Have you managed to fix the issue with the password since you posted this?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

A couple of weeks ago I launched a server only to discover that the settings were a little messed with (missing mods, had other mods turned on, PvP was off and for context, I have it turned on as to distinguish this slot from my other one). I think what happened is that the settings of this slot had somehow changed to the ones of my other one. Or it could just be a case of "cat sat on my keyboard", which isn't unbelievable. :wilson_smile:

Have you managed to fix the issue with the password since you posted this?

No :( but I filed a bug for it in the Bug Tracker to bring it to Klei’s attention.

Another question I have- What type of new Mini-Games do you guys think Klei will add to the Curio Collectors Mini-Game collection? Personally I wouldn’t mind some more in-depth Mini-Games like A Whack-a-Moleworm, or Solitaire (with Klei Images & stuff on the cards of course) Chess! obviously Chess.. And this could even become the place for Mario Party style Mini-Games, like Carrat racing from last years year of Carrat.. we could have pre-built tracks placed here except this time we play AS the Carrat and we have to tap A to run around the track and maybe X to jump over or Y to dodge under obstacles in our way to victory.. I also would like a Mini-Game where you stand on a circular Platform in this sort of Survival Horde mode ordeal- and you have to knock as many enemies off the platform into lava before you get pushed in yourself (Think Marooners or Big Crown Showdown.)

I would love to see more little mini-games I can play on the side lines when I do not actually have hours to invest in the core gameplay- when I watch TV/Movies my full attention can’t always be focused on the core gameplay survival stuff.

My second question- Klei said the December update would be “Big” now for me the current Forgotten Knowledges/ Hallowed Nights update felt like the biggest update yet... adding new character skins, new belonging skins, new mobs, new biomes, new craftables, new lore & and more so how much “Bigger” are we talking?

• Like 1

Can someone take this really cool song I heard on the radio the other night Graveyard by Hasley I think is the song and perfectly mix THAT with the Forgotten Knowledges cinematic trailer? 

I think the Lyrics for that song fit perfectly for Winona reaching out for her Sister-

I keep digging digging myself down deeper they say I may be making a Mistake, I would’ve followed all the way, no matter how far.. (cause well cave spelunking and finding her in the moon caves reaching out towards her while Maxwell pulls her away & all) 

Spoiler

Please tell me I am not the only one who just wants to make an epic montage playing as Winona of busting open cave holes jumping in, building spotlights, fighting Batilisks, jumping into tentacle holes, locating moon cave, finding Charlie, having Maxwell of all people pull me Away from her.

Unfortunately I don’t have that kind of talent but every time I hear the song that’s what I think of.. can someone please do this for me?

It would really make my day Thanks! <3

Edited by Mike23Ua

Well, now I’m really confused and would like to ask the devs at Klei a question that hopefully they will answer for me-

At first Dont Starve Together started out as a Multiplayer Stand Alone expansion to DS, and as such some of its content was designed with Multiplayer in mind first and foremost (as any Multiplayer focused game should be.) 

BUT as of 2019 Klei started to basically give DST a face-lift adding new content, new biomes, reworked character abilities new story lore, Brand New characters to play & enjoy, New Character and Belonging skins And the so much more content that it stops feeling like DS Single players Multiplayer stand alone expansion, & More like it’s Don’t Starve 2.

And the more new content Klei continues to add as well as if they ever add highly popular requested game changes like building on the Y-Axis and elevations in land, The more and more DST will stop feeling like the Multiplayer centric stand alone version of DS, and the more it’s going to feel like it’s own advancement into the DS franchise.

So my question is which one is it.. Is Don’t Starve Together still just supposed to be the multiplayer version of DS, or at this point has it started to evolve into something deeper more like a Don’t Starve 2?

For me personally it’s really really hard going back to Solo DS because of all the content DSTs 2019/2020 updates have spoiled me with- Pipspook, Bernie, Goose Woodie, Lunar Island, Moon Grotto, Wortox, Winona, Wurt, Walter, All that content eventually starts to add up and turn what was once just a multiplayer version of DS into its own unique & advanced thing.

Edited by Mike23Ua

On 11/14/2020 at 3:06 PM, Hornete said:

Does anyone know of any "+" sign icons or buttons in the UI of the game or the files? I'm trying to find one so I can use it for a mod im making but I for the life of me can't find one.

Or rotate the x that appears on turf tiles while the player is holding a pitchfork

I don't really know if that's good for what you need, but it's something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

What kind of flower do the carter sisters wear?

I always figured it was a lotus flower, at least that's what it looked the most similar to.

gettyimages-182880589-1493334765.jpg

Edit: Users @Spindlewick and @SDragonhead also agree it's a lotus considering it has a seedpod similar to one, although no kind of lotus grows on a bush

Edited by TheDoughboy1917
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

What kind of flower do the carter sisters wear?

Since the flower grows on a bush, I headcanoned it might be chrysanthemum (commonly used as grave decorating flower in Poland) but the shape of bush doesn't add up

10_chryzantema_5.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Since the flower grows on a bush, I headcanoned it might be chrysanthemum (commonly used as grave decorating flower in Poland) but the shape of bush doesn't add up

10_chryzantema_5.jpg

For me looks almost legit. But more for triumphant flower skin. 

Edited by Notecja
  • Like 1

Did anyone else forget that Thanksgiving is just 4 days away? I’ve been in a rush to get the food stuffs I need for Thanksgiving Dinner, Turkey, Ham, Cranberry Slices, Blackeyed Peas, Green Beans, Spinaches, Baked Potato, Boiled Eggs, Turkey Dressings, Sweet Potato Pie, Pecan Pie, Blueberry Pie.

Klei has probably already left to take their Holiday vacations & because I have no desire to post a lot during their absence and then later be hit with off-topic warnings, I think I too shall take Holiday vacation, at least from posting stuffs anyway I’ll still lurk to see what’s happening but until a big content update or I encounter a glitch with the game- I’ll try to refrain from posting much.

To those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, Happy few days early Thanksgiving! And to those of you who don’t Happy Day where people like Myself stuff our faces with food stuffs so we Don’t Starve.

*Drum Roll* Okay okay I’m Out, but seriously, 2020 has been weird, and had it not been for the pasted sheet of paper on my Dollar Generals door I would’ve completely forgotten Thanksgiving this year- Please tell me I’m not the only one losing colossal tracks of time due to the weirdness that is Covid, did anyone else Forget Thanksgiving is so soon?! 

• Happy Hazard 1

hey @Mike23Ua i know this is off topic but its off topic for good reason 

have you heard of status updates?imma gonna guess not.i just figured out about them today and ive been on the forums for almost a year 

so status updates are a type of message that you can use on your account.from what ive seen it seems like you can write whatever you want on these status updates example you can tell people thanksgiving is soon instead of writing about it on a thread called "questions that don't deserve their their own thread"which makes your reply extremely off topic(also some countrys and some people don"t celebrate thanksgiving like iraq for example most people in iraq don"t celebrate thanksgiving so this info is basically useless to them)

anyways hope you enjoy your vacation 

and i hope you all have a wonderful day or night wherever you are in the world 

Questions that don’t deserve their own thread- Question was did anyone else forget that Thanksgiving is 4 days and a few hours away? If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving the question does not apply to you- But nonetheless it’s still a Question that didn’t deserve its own thread & 100% on Topic.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Questions that don’t deserve their own thread- Question was did anyone else forget that Thanksgiving is 4 days and a few hours away? If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving the question does not apply to you- But nonetheless it’s still a Question that didn’t deserve its own thread & 100% on Topic.

don't you think its better suited for the off topic forum tho?or the status updates?and this thread is more meant for DST questions

• Like 1