Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

3 minutes ago, Knowbodie said:

What does Woodie's "Celebrates Thanksgiving too early" perk mean?

Canadians(Which woodie is one) celebrate Thanksgiving in octobers instead of november, thus its "early" to americans.

The "perk" changes depending where you live, in America it says that, in Canada it says he celebrates at the right time and in the rest of the world it says something like he appreciates bountiful harvests.

• Like 9

Why do none of the monster characters feel like... monsters? (besides Wortox)

i.e: having little to no traits associated with their species, like how Webber, part spider, cannot see in the dark. Does Charlie crawl into the spider to attack the kid?

Or how Wurt shares none of her species' tolerance to water and being out at dusk/night. Also, Merms don't protect Wurt like they do each other. How cruel!

Edited by Lumberlocke
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

i.e: having little to no traits associated with their species, like how Webber, part spider, cannot see in the dark. Does Charlie crawl into the spider to attack the kid?

Or how Wurt shares none of her species' tolerance to water and being out at dusk/night. Also, Merms don't protect Wurt like they do each other. How cruel!

Well,first one is because it would be too op, and for wurt maybe because she kinda betrayed her kind by hanging out with the survivors?

5 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Well,first one is because it would be too op, and for wurt maybe because she kinda betrayed her kind by hanging out with the survivors?

Well, I'm not talking a full screen radius night vision. I like Canis' proposed radius, with the same sanity drain. Best of both worlds, you get the spider half's night vision and the child half's fear of the dark. :distant:

46 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

Why do none of the monster characters feel like... monsters? (besides Wortox)

I guess the rules would change if something worked with the survivors instead of against them? Kinda like a contract...? Excluding Chester and Glommer and other followers, which were designed that way. Maybe everything that was supposed to try and kill survivors had a sort-of rule to abide by, if they break it. They become a "survivor" themselves...? 

I dunno, I'm just guessing.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 2

When you delete and reinstall the game, some client-sided things are not saved, such as your worlds, skin presets or your Gorge recipe book. My question is, does the cookbook also get wiped when reinstalling the game? My guess is that it does, but I'm not willing to find out on purpose.

On 11/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, Lumberlocke said:

Or how Wurt shares none of her species' tolerance to water

She has a firm grip even if wet, drowning gets her only 50% wetness, keeps her inventory (except for hand slot) and none of her other stats are affected AND she is quicker on marsh. + I haven't seen any merms go swimming yet...

Edited by Cr4zyFl4mes
marsh spelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

9 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

She has a firm grip even if wet, drowning gets her only 50% wetness, keeps her inventory (except for hand slot) and none of her other stats are affected AND she is quicker on march. + I haven't seen any merms go swimming yet...

also she has less penalty for sinking

• Sad Dupe 1

• Why aren't there marble walls? They could be used as decoration in the late game.
  • Do you think that Charlie eavesdrops on the chat between survivors?
  • When set on fire, can hounds douse it by going in the water? I've seen this briefly for myself and it seems that it doesn't quite happen right away, evidenced by the floating monster steak I found near the shore.
On 11/22/2020 at 5:35 AM, SonicDen220 said:

My question is, does the cookbook also get wiped when reinstalling the game?

It does. I had to transfer to a new desktop and things like character skin presets, death history, friends history, the cookbook do not get transferred. 

Edited by Pinegrove
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:
  • Why aren't there marble walls? They could be used as decoration in the late game.
  • Do you think that Charlie eavesdrops on the chat between survivors?
  • When set on fire, can hounds douse it by going in the water? I've seen this briefly for myself and it seems that it doesn't quite happen right away, evidenced by the floating monster steak I found near the shore.

It does. I had to transfer to a new desktop and things like character skin presets, death history, friends history, the cookbook do not get transferred. 

The cookbook is stored online, although modded foods are stored locally.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Blueleaf12 said:

This isn’t a DST question really but I can’t figure out how to write status updates on my account page? I’ve been doing updates on my DST/off topic art pages but I’d rather have them there. Thanks! 

Spoiler

1548063014_OperaSnapshot_2020-11-28_211043_forums.kleientertainment_com.thumb.png.bfc1ef7cc53b2d93bd57d57a023cc625.png

hope this answers your question 

3 minutes ago, Blueleaf12 said:

I’m on mobile rn but my account doesn’t show that?

odd?im sorry but i can't help you there 

i use a pc 

maybe someone else will help you tho

hope you have a good day or night wherever you are inn the world 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stranger again said:

odd?im sorry but i can't help you there 

i use a pc 

maybe someone else will help you tho

hope you have a good day or night wherever you are inn the world 

Nvm I just figured it out, I never turned on stauses. Thanks though! 

9 minutes ago, D7X said:

With the new farming update, what has happened to the old basic & advanced farm plots? Are they just gone?

(this question has been asked some many times already:lol:)\

well from what ive heard they stay but i don't know if you can interact with them.

11 minutes ago, stranger again said:

well from what ive heard they stay but i don't know if you can interact with them.

The old farm plots remain fully functional and you can even use the new fertilizers on them to shorten growth time.

59 minutes ago, stranger again said:

46 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The old farm plots remain fully functional and you can even use the new fertilizers on them to shorten growth time.

Thank you both. I've read most of the posts in the update thread now and have a better understanding of it all. I really hope the old farms are left in the game in some form though since it seems uncertain. They're great for decoration and it would be a shame to lose them as an option in favour of a square patch of mud that is locked to a tile space.

On 11/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, Knowbodie said:

What does Woodie's "Celebrates Thanksgiving too early" perk mean?

The actual mechanical answer, is that when he feeds Rock Lobsters and Pigs so that they follow him, they keep following him for a longer duration than the other characters. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

here goes a bad question:

with all those new farms, are the good and old meatballs going to be replaced by cooked veggies as primary food?

are meatballs at.. risk of extinction??

well (for me)the answer will be 

depends i think they might actually be my new food source because they seem like a much more fun way of making food.

53 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

here goes a bad question:

with all those new farms, are the good and old meatballs going to be replaced by cooked veggies as primary food?

are meatballs at.. risk of extinction??

doubtful unless there is a food rework. these recipes were stupid easy to aqiure ingredients for before and could be grown in three clicks once even a single farmplot was made(one seed two manure/guano; no waiting) and they were not seen as worthy of interest for the bulk of players so i dont think making a proper fledged feature out of it will usurp meatballs as a mid-range food