Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

This is Super important to my 2020 Halloween build, Do Trapped Crows that you have placed inside a Bird Cage still become a Yellow Canary if you build a Scarecrow nearby?

Because if the answer is yes they become Canary I need to scrap my idea of adding Scarecrow to my Halloween Display :( 

1 hour ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Do marble shrubs at tier 3 provide protection from rain and heat?

From gameplay experience, I'm almost certain they don't. 

3 minutes ago, myxal said:

Speaking of marble shrubs, are they still immune to Wickerbottom's farming book? If so, why?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Maybe there's something in the code that explains it? I wonder if the same thing applies to Totally normal trees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Help please!! :( How does one go about obtaining a Pumpkin without a Wormwood/Wicker combo or Hallowed Nights event with them active? 

I want to finish my Halloween build- But without the pumpkins I can’t build Scarecrows.. and I don’t think I want to invite random people into my world and trust them not to destroy the small (but hopefully lovely) display I’ve been working on. 

• Sad Dupe 1

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Help please!! :( How does one go about obtaining a Pumpkin without a Wormwood/Wicker combo or Hallowed Nights event with them active? 

I want to finish my Halloween build- But without the pumpkins I can’t build Scarecrows.. and I don’t think I want to invite random people into my world and trust them not to destroy the small (but hopefully lovely) display I’ve been working on. 

have a change to grow from a seed planted in a farm

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

farm seeds. pray to RNG.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I have a question and I would absolutely love it if someone at Klei could reply: (However I will understand if they choose to remain silent about this because it could potentially ruin future content plans..)

There are LOTS of people currently reporting in the bug tracker about the games latest update build having “Transparent” Textures, Is this An actual Bug or is this an Intended Feature?

It allows Me to find things that otherwise would be obscure behind tree foliage like for example Abigail or a not so Abigail hostile ghost, or gold I’ve dropped by being licked by a Frog in a dense forest.. 

But is it intended or is it a Bug that will later be fixed?

When I look at the content suggestions forum members are wanting for DST- Most namely: Elevated Areas of Land and houses with roofs, It seems like this new Transparency Texture is a necessary requirement if we’re ever going to have those kinds of massive changes to the game.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:55 PM, Mike23Ua said:

It is as simple as getting a krampus sack

c_spawn("pumpkin",1) or c_give("pumpkin", 1)

Of course if you feel it is cheating, build a farm later on and farm until you get one to and feed it to ur pet, lureplant or let it rot. 

Your welcome 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:55 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Get 120-200 light bulbs.

Feed 4 monster meat to pig.

Have werepig convert bulbs to poop.

Build 1 farm.

Plant seed, fertilize (2 poop) to fully grown, repeat until pumpkin achieved.

Feed pumpkin to birb for seed.

Plant pumpkin seed.

Fertilize and then feed to birb again.

There are also stale pumpkins so maybe you can just feed those to the birb directly.

Question: Do homeless bees create flowers in the caves and do they do it if you're not down there?

Edited by ryvrdrgn14
added question
  • Like 1

Will the trinkets and candies I put on the ground disappear after the event? I want to use them as decoration for my Mad Science lab set. 

On 10/26/2020 at 8:38 AM, TheDoughboy1917 said:

How many people have Maxwell and Charlie captured and taken to The Constant? Do they have any special criteria they use to determine if someone is worth bringing to The Constant or do they just take any Joe Schmoe who is down on his luck/unhappy with his current life?

Could be just the people we know, could be all these skeletons we find in the game. 

The criteria is for certain people who are lonely and ready to make a not specified deal that will lead them to their doom. But not always- Winona was snatched at the occasion since she was near, and Walter was unlucky enough to use a radio that was used to kidnap Woodie before. 

And of course, your name has to start with W.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BezKa said:

Could be just the people we know, could be all these skeletons we find in the game.

That's what the DS wiki says, but I'm skeptical. The player characters can seemingly recognize their own skeleton as well as the skeletons of others as we see in DST. But then there are skeletons that no one recognizes (the NPC skeletons that naturally spawn) so that makes me think there are probably some other unfortunate souls who were unlucky enough to get captured and we just haven't seen them yet.

5 hours ago, BezKa said:

And of course, your name has to start with W.

Obviously, that's the most important qualification!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

can summer nights trigger wilfires?

No. Nor can summer dusks. Or the first 2 and lasts 2 days of summer.

41 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

What percentage does my eyebrella actually have to be on to get the most out of my sewing kit? I always seem to get it just wrong. 

The sewing kit always restores 5 days of durability to clothing. Eyebrella's durability is 9 days. So, optimal repair point is when it's got 4 days left; in other words, 44.44% durability.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

So uhh does anyone else know that DST and DS Mega Collection are currently on sale right NOW on Xbox Live as part of the Shocktober sales event? 
5.99$ for DST by itself, 10$ for Mega pack with DS Solo, DS Shipwrecked, DST bundle.

Only 3 days left in the sale though so better hurry if you wanna convince your friends to Buy while on sale!

Edited by Mike23Ua