Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

20 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

btw, because im aware a lot of people have this doubt, the same is applied for rabbits to craft the prestihatitator. Doesnt matter if they are black because of insanity, they still have the name "rabbit"

I actually didn’t know this and just assumed I needed to raise my sanity back till they are rabbit again- lol but thanks.

• Like 2

I kinda want to bump this thread to ask more questions.

Now that Wintersfeast has pretty much come and gone, We know that Klei has currently taken a leave of absence to enjoy their much deserved holiday vacations.

But We ALSO know the next update is Year of the Beefalo- and it’s coming in January.

So my Question/Questions Is what is everyone’s predictions for the upcoming Year of the Beefalo update?

My predictions are they rework Beefalo taming to be more fun, maybe include new Beefalo skin types, add some fun Beefalo centered Mini-Game and a new set of skins

Whatever the event will be: it has to follow off last years Year of The Carrat event.

21 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So my Question/Questions Is what is everyone’s predictions for the upcoming Year of the Beefalo update?

My predictions are they rework Beefalo taming to be more fun, maybe include new Beefalo skin types, add some fun Beefalo centered Mini-Game and a new set of skins

Whatever the event will be: it has to follow off last years Year of The Carrat event.

Well I'm sure the developers have something good coming on our way regardless. These Chinese new year events have been getting better and better with each event in my opinion. My only qualm is that, with the exception of the Year of the Pig King event, they haven't been adding anything permanently new to the mobs they focus on, it's a shame. I know Forgotten Knowledge added renewability to Carrats but I'd have still loved a way if we had something permanent from the Year of The Carrat; perhaps Carrat racing equipment from sunken treasures or a Carrat pet from Critter's Den.

Beefalos are one of the most substantial and sophisticated mobs in the game with herd mentality, shaving, going on heat, reproduction and domestication mechanisms. I feel like this year's event will mostly be a temporary activity similar to the carrat race, perhaps this time something equestrian like a dressage with a special event saddle or chariot races or even cosmetic items like necklaces you can place on beefs to get some benefits. At the same time, internally I'm hoping that at the end of the update we'll get a few improvements or additions to beefalo domestication as well as a way to prevent their extinction, like what was done with Volt Goats.

On the music side of things, the main menu theme from Year of the Carrat still remains to be my personal favorite tune DST came up with, surpassing my other favorites like Starver's Carol, Classic Main theme or Shipwrecked Main theme. I'm hoping the Year of the Beefalo will have a similarly amazing and memorable theme too.

Also I'm personally interested a lot too because Ox is actually my Chinese zodiac :P

• Like 2

@SinancoTheBest really? Yours is Ox, that is cool man! In that case: I hope Year of The Beefalo somehow surpasses Year of The Carrat in every aspect possible.

Also: What do you think the odds having THIS as Tameable, and rideable in DST might be with upcoming Year of Beefalo event? 3AC5C4D4-937D-4688-8A1E-E778E788223F.png.83c0183c4b1dedeb6a417bbd71cf433e.png

I know that he’s technically not considered as a Beefalo.. But, he behaves and attacks like one, so it would be an easy thing to do for the game I would bet.

And if alternate Beefalo-like Mounts are a possibility with Year of the Beefalo I want that scrapped Catcoon Beast thing they were going to use... but didn’t, as a Beefalo skin if possible.

D49A1B08-8A2C-4F60-9037-84151B44260C.thumb.jpeg.960386b8ecc1b8491da9350405b97c98.jpeg

Sorry if image Quality is poor by the way (it’s hard to tell on mobile)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, LEX-7O2 said:

How long does it take for boat patches to disappear from a boat? and does the boat have to be loaded in all the time or what?

Also would like to know. On one boat it disappeared in few minutes, on my other boat they're there since I put them 3 in game years ago. 

What are the odds Summer as a game season will end up extinguished forever?

I am genuinely worried that it may end up scrapped because sooo many people dislike so much about Summer as a season.. I feel like it is content that if enough people dislike- could go the same way as Disease has.

If Summer were removed, what exactly would you guys replace it with? 

People seem to hate the Wildfires and Animals getting so hot they catch fire- so what would YOU build for the game as the FOURTH (and currently Final) Season of DST? With it being the last season you endure in the year- it should rightfully be the most brutal to endure.

So if Wildfires and Animals that can start fires are a big red no for most people: I’m curious how you would make the last season you have to endure in DSTs calendar year, exciting and challenging?

If Wildfires, Smoldering, Antlion craters, and intense heat aren’t your challenges anymore- What would your challenges be?

or would you just simply remove Summer altogether and only keep Autumn, Winter & Spring as your game seasons?

31 minutes ago, themightyone said:

I'm on ps4 trying to do Pearl's quest. I have done about 7 tasks including 2 house upgrades. I tried handing her warm clothes when it snowed but she wouldn't take them . Is this a glitch or do I have to have her house more upgraded ?

You need to give a winter koalaphan (i think she only acepts that) coat when the snow is falling

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

8 minutes ago, Ardcrumb said:

Why in gods name did klei make growing dragonfruit so hard 

Because 40 healing+75hunger for 1 fruit and 3 sticks?

Isnt that hard, when i get few seeds i plant 2 tomatoes per dragon fruit so for every 3 planted seeds you get 80 potential healing

Plant it in spring and you will receive atleast 2 seeds per dragonfruit plant without doing so much

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You need to give a winter koalaphan (i think she only acepts that) coat when the snow is falling

Ok , guess I will probably have to skip it for now since its late winter and I have to sail back and construct one and sail back. Weird though , the wiki says any insulatory gear works. I should have it completed by Summer anyway hopefully . 

To get the pearl do you just have to get to level 10 ? Or do you have to get to 10 and trade empty bottles as well ?