Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Any megabasers/long term world enjoyers? I need opinion on ruins clockworks. Do you:

1. Push rooks out to allow yourself safe building, or keep them as free smashers? 
  2. Push bishops out to not deal with range attacks, or keep them for purples?
  3. Push knights out just to not waste time on them, or keep them for gears hoarding? 
  4. Bunnymen, merms, eye turrets or noone to dispatch clockworks without any input? 
  5. If you have structures, do you ignore broken clockworks that can spawn rooks, or do you risk it?
Edited by Gi-Go

20 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Any megabasers/long term world enjoyers? I need opinion on ruins clockworks. Do you:

1. Push rooks out to allow yourself safe building, or keep them as free smashers? 
  2. Push bishops out to not deal with range attacks, or keep them for purples?
  3. Push knights out just to not waste time on them, or keep them for gears hoarding? 
  4. Bunnymen, merms, eye turrets or noone to dispatch clockworks without any input? 
  5. If you have structures, do you ignore broken clockworks that can spawn rooks, or do you risk it?

I used to push them all away, but switched to anenemy farming all of them on my last world. Though farming bishops and pushing the rest would be good enough.

As for broken clockworks, I only destroy the ones that aren't near my repaired altar, and I haven't built much in there anyways, except for the maze that's lit up by astral detectors.

• Like 1

Okay we have had several years for Return of Them and other updates to sink in and I have several serious questions because they’re really starting to spark my curiosity..

Whats the point of the Ocean Content? It’s slow, it’s sluggish, and it’s painfully painfully boring… like I mean it severally lacks in content & resources to stay at sea with, you will rarely ever find grass, twigs, silk etc the stuff needed to build, repair and maintain your boats while out at sea- And this hurts the boating experience significantly Because in the Shipwrecked DLC you actually could find more items to stay afloat (pun fully intended..) while out at sea! It Drives me crazy how we did a complete 180 here.. masts need silk, where are silk? Spiders! Where are Spiders? On dry Land, Lunar or in the sparsely placed water logged biomes.

Why can’t we just find old ship wreckage or something with cloth for masts? SW did it… did NONE of the devs trying to put an ocean into DST just not help make SW??

Setting ocean content aside- What about the rest of the game??? Where is it all headed? 

What is the “Point” of Planar Damage & Lunar & Shadow Affinity perks? 

There are very very few mobs for Lunar & Shadow Rift content so I’m failing to understand the importance behind having entire skill trees & gear sets dedicated to them..

Then there’s the newer stuff like Wagstaff Electronical scraps and Funny Werepig boss..

Seriously how long is this going to drag out? How many years is it going to take until I finally see and understand Klei’s bigger picture?

Usually I’m a patient guy… but this is taking far too long! :( 

Insight & Answers would be nice to have but since I don’t think I’m going to find any of that here..

I’ll just ask what is everyone’s expectations of the next content update?

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay we have had several years for Return of Them and other updates to sink in and I have several serious questions because they’re really starting to spark my curiosity..

Whats the point of the Ocean Content? It’s slow, it’s sluggish, and it’s painfully painfully boring… like I mean it severally lacks in content & resources to stay at sea with, you will rarely ever find grass, twigs, silk etc the stuff needed to build, repair and maintain your boats while out at sea- And this hurts the boating experience significantly Because in the Shipwrecked DLC you actually could find more items to stay afloat (pun fully intended..) while out at sea! It Drives me crazy how we did a complete 180 here.. masts need silk, where are silk? Spiders! Where are Spiders? On dry Land, Lunar or in the sparsely placed water logged biomes.

Why can’t we just find old ship wreckage or something with cloth for masts? SW did it… did NONE of the devs trying to put an ocean into DST just not help make SW??

Setting ocean content aside- What about the rest of the game??? Where is it all headed? 

There are very very few mobs for Lunar & Shadow Rift content so I’m failing to understand the importance behind having entire skill trees & gear sets dedicated to them..

Then there’s the newer stuff like Wagstaff Electronical scraps and Funny Werepig boss..

Seriously how long is this going to drag out? How many years is it going to take until I finally see and understand Klei’s bigger picture?

Insight & Answers would be nice to have but since I don’t think I’m going to find any of that here..

You don't need any twigs, grass, silk, etc from the sea to maintain your boat. As long as you don't ram it into something or don't attacked unexpectedly on sea your boat can last indefinitely. And you should honestly be prepared with boat patches and other items if you're sailing. Just make the boat and its materials on land or make a grass boat if you're in a rush or don't want to maintain a boat. This could just be me but I never felt the intended way to sail was to use a naked boat and find the resources on the sea. The ocean still feels empty but it's getting a lot bigger with almost every update. While it still needs adjustments, there's plenty of reasons to go out and explore. 

Also while I can't say for certain why they didn't go with the SW route, I think it's because:

- Klei wanted to differentiate the two games.

- Ship wrecked's sailing doesn't work for multiplayer. 

I'd honestly just wait for Klei to carry out its post return of them arc. It's only been around a year from my knowledge and the bigger picture will be more clear but only time will tell. This is how a lot of recent content arcs are like and I'm sorry to say that we'll all probably have to be patient. 

1 minute ago, benfroyobro9381 said:

You don't need any twigs, grass, silk, etc from the sea to maintain your boat. As long as you don't ram it into something or don't attacked unexpectedly on sea your boat can last indefinitely. And you should honestly be prepared with boat patches and other items if you're sailing. Just make the boat and its materials on land or make a grass boat if you're in a rush or don't want to maintain a boat. This could just be me but I never felt the intended way to sail was to use a naked boat and find the resources on the sea. The ocean still feels empty but it's getting a lot bigger with almost every update. While it still needs adjustments, there's plenty of reasons to go out and explore. 

Also while I can't say for certain why they didn't go with the SW route, I think it's because:

I'd honestly just wait for Klei to carry out its post return of them arc. It's only been around a year from my knowledge and the bigger picture will be more clear but only time will tell. This is how a lot of recent content arcs are like and I'm sorry to say that we'll all probably have to be patient. 

also there's spiders in waterlogged but i wouldn't rely on them. and to elaborate on shipwrecked the boats work well for singleplayer but may have not felt like actual boats, more so a way to walk on water. With DST's boats, as flawed as they are, they allow for multipleplayers to operate or help steer the boat. With the way shipwrecked's boats fundamentally work it'd be harder to allow other players to interact with the boat. i'm not saying it couldn't have worked but there are clear flaws. 

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The planar damage as a whole is there to add some breathing room for new "stronger items", as without it, it would be impossible to make better items. Shadow and lunar affinity are there to give you a sense of agency on what happens on your world.

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can't have new Items without having new ways to have the new Items.

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Scrap itself is kinda old, but they used this chance to update the CC summon requirements as well as the junk spawn, the funny werepig boss is a great example of what I explained, it drops two items that are considered really bad because by the time you obtain them, you have better things overall (you don't need to explore the map as much, nor need the funny hat, now that you have dreadstone gear). The best thing form the boss fight is the blueprints after CC and the repair kit for the roomba.

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It will drag untill the end of times, since as soon as they finish this one, they will start a new arc.

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I disagree with both statements.

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Then why do you ask?

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

nothing really, I just live on the forums and eat the hatred from the latest update that people are complaining about.

39 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whats the point of the Ocean Content?

Besides the main appeals like pearl's quest, lunar island, CK, and Moon quay? It's side content that you can explore at your own pace that is there to fill the emptiness with some nice sidegrades like saltboxes and tall trees and fun activities like fishing.

Why can’t we just find old ship wreckage or something with cloth for masts?

This would be nice, not necesarily silk, but boons around the ocean would be a nice change, kind of how you can find boards.

*Shrug* Besides finishing character skilltrees to address their problems and bring them all to a relatively equal power level? I guess they'll continue delivering late-game content updates, while also tackling the issue of new player retention?

To have new equipment that is more appealing and stronger than pre-rift content for new enemies, while keeping it balanced for old enemies (we don't want a terraria situation where you're one-shotting hounds with post rift weaponry)

The small pool of planar enemies will grow with time as they released these updates, and the focus and variety of planar dmg on skill trees and equipment will make more sense.

Last content arc took 2 years and this one will probably last the same if not more. Patience is key.

I'll take whatever they give us. But I do hope next update is more heavily focused on content rather than QOLs. As a megabaser I loved last update, but I can see it had barely any content for the rest of the players.

Edited by Juanasdf

13 minutes ago, benfroyobro9381 said:

also there's spiders in waterlogged but i wouldn't rely on them. and to elaborate on shipwrecked the boats work well for singleplayer but may have not felt like actual boats, more so a way to walk on water. With DST's boats, as flawed as they are, they allow for multipleplayers to operate or help steer the boat. With the way shipwrecked's boats fundamentally work it'd be harder to allow other players to interact with the boat. i'm not saying it couldn't have worked but there are clear flaws. 

Return of Them started in 2019 it is now 2024.. it has been 5 years since Klei added an Ocean into this game & yet it still feels like it’s in early beta.

I am not asking for Shipwrecked boats, I am asking for shipwrecked presentation- as in being able to reliably find & maintain boat resources while out at sea &/Or on other Islands scattered about at sea.

Like I said the player could find cloth for masts while out at sea in Shipwrecked from wrecked boats and stuff, so having to return back to dry land wasn’t required.

What really gets on my nerves is it’s an easy fix for DST…

Return Moon Quay pirates to their original raiding frequencies but allow players to obtain boating resources from their boats. (As in having masts that can be hammered down and placed on your own boat…) Or better yet they’re pirate monkeys yeah? Where’s their treasure chest I can raid off their boats?

Klei instead choose to bury this mechanic like a sunken treasure..

Five Years I have patiently waited for more fleshed out & meaningful content updates.. & yet the game truly seems to be going nowhere..

And what stings the worst is that THEY KNOW HOW BAD IT SUCKS because they created an Entire year of event exclusively around giving the player cheaper boats….

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

it has been 5 years since Klei added an Ocean into this game & yet it still feels like it’s in early beta

Klei said on the last beta stream that they were going to work on the ocean content. They didn't specify what or how much work. Don't know what else to tell you.

You can also stay on your boat indefinitely by the way. You can get silk from spiders on waterlogged biomes for masts if you want them so bad

Pirates give you tree fertilizer which also works as boat patches.

Wood can be gathered at waterlogged biomes or from random planks

Stones from sea stacks

Gold... Idk, but to be fair shipwrecked lacked gold too

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Return of Them started in 2019 it is now 2024.. it has been 5 years since Klei added an Ocean into this game & yet it still feels like it’s in early beta.

I am not asking for Shipwrecked boats, I am asking for shipwrecked presentation- as in being able to reliably find & maintain boat resources while out at sea &/Or on other Islands scattered about at sea.

Like I said the player could find cloth for masts while out at sea in Shipwrecked from wrecked boats and stuff, so having to return back to dry land wasn’t required.

What really gets on my nerves is it’s an easy fix for DST…

Return Moon Quay pirates to their original raiding frequencies but allow players to obtain boating resources from their boats. (As in having masts that can be hammered down and placed on your own boat…) Or better yet they’re pirate monkeys yeah? Where’s their treasure chest I can raid off their boats?

Klei instead choose to bury this mechanic like a sunken treasure..

Five Years I have patiently waited for more fleshed out & meaningful content updates.. & yet the game truly seems to be going nowhere..

And what stings the worst is that THEY KNOW HOW BAD IT SUCKS because they created an Entire year of event exclusively around giving the player cheaper boats….

early beta is a massive hyperbole. there's new islands, fish, mobs, bosses, food, biomes, and more. it's crazy to expect even this much from an early beta. also there's no need to maintain ships, you literally need to do nothing if you play right and safe, and it's clear the new style for dst is to maintain and build boats on land, though i don't necessarily disagree with being able to build ships on sea. i don't think your changes would be bad but your exaggerating the how empty the ocean is and downplaying how much content is added to it. and they're all free major updates. i don't know about the last event unless you're talking about the update that made boats faster. it's fine if you don't enjoy the ocean but i feel that you're not acknowledging all the major progress that klei has made to the ocean. 

And for my own questions for this thread,

Will there ever be plans to improve console in regards to things like the fuelwever fight, items like lazy explorer/weather pain, or wortox feeling like half the character? My biggest grievance isn't even all of those; it's geometric placement or being able to place things symmetrically. it doesn't need to be geometric placement itself but a way to place structures with symmetry and proper alignment. 

also, did any of these get reworked recently? like within a year? I heard weather pain got reworked but i can't find any patch notes or anything. 

Edited by benfroyobro9381
clarity, made it seem like it was addressing the person above

7 minutes ago, Pinguinho767 said:

What happens if I buy a packet from the store that contains a character I already own? 

you get an extra copy to unravel

Can DST get wings? Mainly Angel & Devil wings.. but I kind just want to deck my characters out in cool Halloween costumes.

IMG_5932.thumb.jpeg.c58feed4dfa88b4f7856d358e6d437bc.jpeg

we can already sort of do that with Wortox Tail pieces, but man… I’d love to be able to turn Wanda into a Demon/Vampire or something.

I mean my Fortnite character looks like this:

Spoiler

IMG_6180.gif.8049e8e2ea0858f18342e9a95f339a5d.gif

soooo yeah wings please? <3

Klei really should explore adding torsos or backpacks that have additional accessories.

There are a few ALREADY in the game, such as for example a pair of pants that comes with what looks like a pirate sword attached to it.. 

It’s currently April, that gives Klei SIX MONTHS till October.. the official month of Spooky, and it would really make my day to be able to deck my survivors out in full Angel & Demon outfits.

Edited by Mike23Ua

6 minutes ago, catboy3dsplayer said:

Does anyone know if there are commands to spawn in a domesticated beefalo with a specific trait?

local beef = c_spawn("beefalo"); beef.components.domesticatable:DeltaTendency("ORNERY", 1); beef:SetTendency(); beef.components.domesticatable.domestication = 1; beef.components.domesticatable:BecomeDomesticated();

Replace "ORNERY" with "RIDER" or "PUDGY" or "DEFAULT" as necessary.

Just now, Arcwell said:

local beef = c_spawn("beefalo"); beef.components.domesticatable:DeltaTendency("ORNERY", 1); beef:SetTendency(); beef.components.domesticatable.domestication = 1; beef.components.domesticatable:BecomeDomesticated();

Replace "ORNERY" with "RIDER" or "PUDGY" or "DEFAULT" as necessary.

Thank you so much

• Like 1

On Don't Starve Together Playstation how do you get Klei points and spools? I haven't really tried yet since I've got to work out some account stuff but does any fellow playstation or dst guru know how? Like on the official klei website. Also some general ways to get spools besides unraveling. I'm having a bit of trouble since all the guides online are on steam and I just wanna make sure. 

1 hour ago, benfroyobro9381 said:

On Don't Starve Together Playstation how do you get Klei points and spools? I haven't really tried yet since I've got to work out some account stuff but does any fellow playstation or dst guru know how? Like on the official klei website. Also some general ways to get spools besides unraveling. I'm having a bit of trouble since all the guides online are on steam and I just wanna make sure. 

Both spools and points are mostly gathered outside of the game, by claiming links on the forums or update posts on steam. Unraveling stuff is the only way to get spools in-game.

So just keep hanging around and you might catch some, they're often posted in this thread once they're found:

25 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Both spools and points are mostly gathered outside of the game, by claiming links on the forums or update posts on steam. Unraveling stuff is the only way to get spools in-game.

So just keep hanging around and you might catch some, they're often posted in this thread once they're found:

gracias. i'll try to get down on this as soon as my account stuff is worked out. if it doesn't work then I'll have to harass more ppl on this thread(not actually klei plz have mercy)

43 minutes ago, benfroyobro9381 said:

In the rewards section in your klei account, is the 4,000 klei points for 1,500 spools a efficient conversion?

you spend points and spools on different skins, that depends on which skins you want more

Is there a way to find out what the hell is this thing that blocks structures? I'm in the stage hand/Chester biome I don't think anything invisible is supposed to be here. 

Без названия (8).jpeg

Why the ground purple? I used same red mosaic turf everywhere but this part is purple. 

Без названия (10).jpeg

Edited by Gi-Go

23 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Is there a way to find out what the hell is this thing that blocks structures? I'm in the stage hand/Chester biome I don't think anything invisible is supposed to be here. 

You could try c_announce(c_select()) while hovering your cursor over the area to see what prefabs are there, if any. If there's something unexpected, you can use c_select:Remove() to delete it. I suspect it either has something to do with the moonstorm or there's just a random item dropped in the square that's hard to see.

23 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Why the ground purple? I used same red mosaic turf everywhere but this part is purple. 

Turns out that's just how the pattern is layered for red mosaic turf on the map:

image.png.620c3c0113d567e83bf14abce336ba0f.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

You could try c_announce(c_select()) while hovering your cursor over the area to see what prefabs are there, if any. If there's something unexpected, you can use c_select:Remove() to delete it. I suspect it either has something to do with the moonstorm or there's just a random item dropped in the square that's hard to see.

Turns out that's just how the pattern is layered for red mosaic turf on the map:

I knew YOU would help me <3 

Edited by Gi-Go
  • Like 1