Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Don't Starve has dripple pipes and howling conches though, which are a really cheap way to stop smoldering globally.

But that only after sw was release

And caves doesnt protect you

Ds summer is real ****

And then a mini enrage hungry dragonfly appears xD

• Haha 2

410661EF-B4B4-4AFE-AF77-7528A2F72F47.thumb.png.893cec002a35c77a0cd6307640bb08d9.png

Available on Xbox Series X/S???

Klei you can’t keep us in the dark forever- With so many next gen games being straight up delayed or even Canceled altogether.. When are you going to announce Anything about Next Gen DST?

At this point it may literally end up being one of four defining factors of rather or not I buy a new Xbox console, The other Three being the new upcoming Batman game, State of Decay 3, And GTA V Remaster.

Klei isn’t ready to spill the beans on Next Gen DS, But it seems like Sony & Microsoft are! (Which is actually a good thing I would think?)

This may be a HUGE hint or it may mean nothing.. it could literally just be the same game ran through the backwards compatible program. But I felt like sharing Anyway.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:12 PM, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Question: Do homeless bees create flowers in the caves and do they do it if you're not down there?

A better question is, do bees still land on withered flowers? You really can't have regular flowers inside the caves. They wither after a while in there, but I believe they still linger around (I'm thinking they disappear like Ash but it might be just my imagination). I'm certain I'll test that out when I get the chance to play.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:58 PM, BezKa said:

Will the trinkets and candies I put on the ground disappear after the event? I want to use them as decoration for my Mad Science lab set. 

They never disappear unless eaten, they are considered goodies and veggies, so pigs, bunnymen and others can eat.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:34 PM, Mike23Ua said:

This is Super important to my 2020 Halloween build, Do Trapped Crows that you have placed inside a Bird Cage still become a Yellow Canary if you build a Scarecrow nearby?

Because if the answer is yes they become Canary I need to scrap my idea of adding Scarecrow to my Halloween Display :( 

They don't, Canaries can spawn anywhere near a scarecrow but Crows already trapped or caged won't change.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Kur0u said:

A better question is, do bees still land on withered flowers? You really can't have regular flowers inside the caves. They wither after a while in there, but I believe they still linger around (I'm thinking they disappear like Ash but it might be just my imagination). I'm certain I'll test that out when I get the chance to play.

From my understanding, as long as you plant flowers in the caves where natural sunlight falls, it can grow flowers.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

From my understanding, as long as you plant flowers in the caves where natural sunlight falls, it can grow flowers.

This is correct. We generally use a cave exit or ex-bunny village location, and less frequently we just use a regular old sky light, but bee boxing in the caves is a must for us. Flowers do stay alive down there when placed in the proper location.

To address the question of whether homeless bees create flowers in the caves......I don't know. We've never hammered one of our cave bee boxes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Is it normal for the Ewecus to completely ignore Abigail when playing Wendy even when I send Abigail to attack and not hit it?

It also ignores Maxwell's duelists, and can't snot any wereform (it does attack them though)

I think the first 2 are AI bugs, and the second one is because there is no "snotted" animation for wereforms, and even if it spat on them nothing would happen. So they probably just removed it.

For the time being this is good, they are niche alternatives to be able to take it down alone.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Moder dlcs world like ds since they dont want to keep wity DS.

I want my dont starve space experience

But they said they don't want to add content behind a paywall at DST, to avpod dividing the community. Only skins and characters are paid.

I mean something more like an engine refresh, although that would probably take a long time of development.

I love that they keep updating DST though, updates are what keeps the game alive.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

But they said they don't want to add content behind a paywall at DST, to avpod dividing the community. Only skins and characters are paid.

I mean something more like an engine refresh, although that would probably take a long time of development.

I love that they keep updating DST though, updates are what keeps the game alive.

I know, i know but is sad that they dont want to keep ds with all the potential that i has and also making dst bigger is so difficult.

An improvement will be lovely. Already they are doing more "modern things" like bettdr visual effects, new less rudimentary mechanics (DS vanilla only has enemies that hits to do damage) and more complex areas

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I want my dont starve space experience

I'd love this, in 2 possible forms-

1. A completely separate game/world, no relation to DS what so ever other than in name. Advanced tech/futuristic/sci-fi.

2. A different section of the DS universe, tied to the current world/lore. We actually go to the moon itself. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I'd love this, in 2 possible forms-

1. A completely separate game/world, no relation to DS what so ever other than in name. Advanced tech/futuristic/sci-fi.

2. A different section of the DS universe, tied to the current world/lore. We actually go to the moon itself. 

Totally agree, i wanted it when i started playing the game when was only autumn and winter as seasons so i didnt know about lore by that time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Could there ever be a "Don't starve together 2" game?

I also love this, but

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

They would pretty much have to do this. But it's a scary proposition. It could totally kill the core of DS. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I know I've played plenty of game sequels that just didn't do it at all for me. The changes just all added up in a way to destroy the originals vibe.

But if they didn't change the engine for a full fledged sequel, it could end up just feeling like a glorified DLC/Expansion Pack.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Agreed. Out of all the games I've played, Klei is by far at the top of my list in seeing the devs love for the game/community.

Edited by Dunk Mujunk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

https://imgur.com/a/xEGGuRb

I'm no expert here, but this is the first time I saw this. Am I supposed to see normal wormholes in the caves?

By right no but the recent update added a new biome and while in new worlds the biomes are linked, in the retrofitted worlds they are seperated and connected by a wormhole. 

• Thanks 2
  • Potato Cup 1

59 minutes ago, Articestone said:

By right no but the recent update added a new biome and while in new worlds the biomes are linked, in the retrofitted worlds they are seperated and connected by a wormhole. 

I see. Thank you. This was an old world that updated. 

Question:

I went into the caves and I did the following:

• Setup 3 drying racks with 3 meat.
  • Setup 3 farms and planted seeds.
  • Put a bee box.

I then went to the surface and did the c_skip(40) console command to move the timeline 40 days.

• I went back in and the meat on the racks were still meat, not jerky and not rotted.
  • The farms didn't grow any crops and are still in the planted stage.
  • The bee box had no honey.

Is this what happens normally if I let the time pass by?

Extra: I tested homeless bees and flowers in the caves. The homeless bees were creating new flowers.

Edited by ryvrdrgn14
added q
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

On 11/1/2020 at 12:51 AM, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Is it normal for the Ewecus to completely ignore Abigail when playing Wendy even when I send Abigail to attack and not hit it?

Ewecus are virtually incapable of fighting other mobs, as far as I know. They'll only try running away from them.

its probably intended so Klei wants players to experience the goo mechanic properly and not let a mob do everything.

Abi is ironically able to circumvent this design.

Edited by Well-met

1. Does the Ornery Beefalo have the same attack speed as normal characters? If not, what is its attack speed?
  2. Does the movement speed penalty of wearing Marble Armor get negated when riding a Beefalo?
  3. Does the Ornery Beefalo attacks get buffed by Warly's Volt Goat Chaud-Froid and Chili Flakes seasonings?
  4. Will my friendly pigs turn into Woodies if I feed them food seasoned with Honey Crystals?

Edit:

The beefalo won't eat the Volt Goat Chaud-Froid, but he did eat Ratatouilli seasoned with chili flakes. Still don't know if it had any bonus. I borked up my mod installation to see damage before testing. It'll glow if you feed it Glowberry Mousse.

Edited by ryvrdrgn14

16 minutes ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:
  1. Does the Ornery Beefalo have the same attack speed as normal characters? If not, what is its attack speed?
  2. Does the movement speed penalty of wearing Marble Armor get negated when riding a Beefalo?
  3. Does the Ornery Beefalo attacks get buffed by Warly's Volt Goat Chaud-Froid and Chili Flakes seasonings?
  4. Will my friendly pigs turn into Woodies if I feed them food seasoned with Honey Crystals?

1. mounted beefalo rate of attack is slightly lower than that of a player but significantly faster than wild beefalo

2. Yes, no slow

3. should not work, but I'm not 100% sure

4. good question

• Like 1

3) By common sense it shouldn't, but I've been recently shown that it does, as long as you eat the buff then ride the beefalo. Some buffs seems to pass to the beefalo (which ones exactly, I'm not sure)

4) No, sadly mobs fed directly with buffed foods are unaffected by said buff. Which is a shame really.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

Will hallowed nights end abruptly on a thursday or will they give us a warning the week before?

Probably going to end towards the end of November or even last through November till WinterFeast like it did last year.

I haven’t been playing as much because Klei spoiled me and allowed me to directly buy the skins I would’ve spent all my time trying to earn.

many thanks for Creepy Cauldron Bundle, Halloween Belongings Bundle, & Wendylure Plant <3 

I have two questions I would like to ask of my own (please don’t laugh)

1: Will console players get any update during November to go alongside the PC Beta branch? Like for example a QOL update or a skin pack?

2: How the Heck do you beat an Eggy Tally Mini-Game?!?! I can come soooo close but eventually eggs or numbers end up blocking my progress :mad-new: