Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

11 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The "honeyed" tag is used for Bearger. He'll chase the player if they have items with that tag on them. But it's not connected to either FOODTYPE (Honey Ham is MEAT, Taffy is GOODIES, yet both are "honeyed") or to ingredient values (which only "exist" inside the crock pot and have no bearing on anything else).

I guess the "meat" tag and the ismeat variable are artifacts from a much earlier version of the game...

Ah thanks for the clarification, haven't poked around in the game files since like yesterday, so this will help with playing around with some mod experimenting in the future (I'm a newbie hehe).

Shall I carry this discussion to the mods thread instead?

1 minute ago, mac and cheese said:

Well, this year's my first Winter's Feast, so there is one thing I'd like to know... just how likely is Feastclops to completely destroy two players? My friend and I have a pretty good world going but now I'm a tad bit scared for our lives. :wilson_horror:

If you've beaten normal deerclops, you can definitely go sayin' you've surpassed 'im, you just gotta be a little more careful with Feastclops, I 'unno if the laser's gonna freeze you, but you still gotta beat 'im on the ground!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mac and cheese said:

Well, this year's my first Winter's Feast, so there is one thing I'd like to know... just how likely is Feastclops to completely destroy two players? My friend and I have a pretty good world going but now I'm a tad bit scared for our lives. :wilson_horror:

The main difference is he gives you free light, but in return he has a second faster attack. You can dodge this attack the same way as the ice hit, but in exchange you can hit him less times per dodge.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mac and cheese said:

Depends how good you are at fighting clops in general. Laser beam'll be the biggest screw over, best use a lot of tanking I'd assume

Edited by Wumpus the 19th
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

I decided not to make a separate topic, but I'm really interested. Where did this radio come from?
Did it arrive with Walter in the world when that old trap went off or what? Or is it just such a nice little detail, not designed to make any big sense?
I'm just confused...
image.thumb.png.c1140334ac05ee77ecce3e7d0a7e6a16.png

Not sure, but it reminds me of the odd radio trinket. 

• Wavey 1

41 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

Wasn't it supposed to stay in the throne room? Is not it so?

Not sure. Each playthrough of adventure the rod must be taken out for the cycle to repeat, in the actual story however, all I know is that it wasn't present in the New Reign cinematic, and it should have been visible.

I quite like the idea of Charlie/Them leaving the rod for the possibility of reaching the throne but the survivors preferring to just disassemble it and listen to tunes instead "we aint falling for that again". But like many things in the story, it's mostly up for interpretation.

Edited by W0l0l0

22 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

Not sure. Each playthrough of adventure the rod must be taken out for the cycle to repeat, in the actual story however, all I know is that it wasn't present in the New Reign cinematic, and it should have been visible.

I quite like the idea of Charlie/Them leaving the rod for the possibility of reaching the throne but the survivors preferring to just disassemble it and listen to tunes instead "we aint falling for that again". But like many things in the story, it's mostly up for interpretation.

I, in principle, care about this radio only for one single fact.
I hope that this radio can indicate the imminent arrival of Wagstaff in DST.

• GL Happy 3

6 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:

I, in principle, care about this radio only for one single fact.
I hope that this radio can indicate the imminent arrival of Wagstaff in DST.

The radio in the short is the only reason Maxwell was not present because if he was he’d turn to dust again being next to it :wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, mac and cheese said:

With two players you’ll be fine- but with One Player all you need is:

Spoiler

1 Hambat, 2 Football Helmets, 1 Marble Armor and to stand in front of it holding attack until its Dead. 

You really don’t need to try and dodge it’s attacks (I’m not good at dodging in this game period so I prefer just armoring up and taking all enemies head on) 

And with enough Healing or Armor you should be able to take it.

I just killed one this morning solo as Wormwood, no healing items available- You will go insane while fighting it.. but if you know how to fight Shadows once they spawn you will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Blueleaf12 said:

How do I delete posts? I didn’t notice I posted twice last night until now because my internet was having a moment. 

Next to the quote button on your pots, there should be new buttons that say 'edit' and 'options.' When you click on options, a button to hide your post will appear.

image.png.89dbdce32b147af7babda48de03fa50f.png

8 minutes ago, mac and cheese said:

Next to the quote button on your pots, there should be new buttons that say 'edit' and 'options.' When you click on options, a button to hide your post will appear.

image.png.89dbdce32b147af7babda48de03fa50f.png

Oh okay, thanks! I thought the hide button was a sort of “delete” button but wasn’t so sure. 

3 minutes ago, eosdusknoir said:

i don't know if this should go here but does anybody have a written guide of the new farming system (reap what you sow)? i have a bad time paying attention to videos

someone posted a thread explaining it, if you look for it youl lfind it

1 hour ago, eosdusknoir said:

i don't know if this should go here but does anybody have a written guide of the new farming system (reap what you sow)? i have a bad time paying attention to videos

A cool friend of mine is making a guide right now, I'll let you know once hes done writing it :)