Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

17 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

Was it ever explained why Charlie isn't physically bound to the throne like everyone else shown using it previously was?

She was shown walking around near the ruins portal in at least one animation.

Everyone else- has been a slave to the thrones influence and whatever evil plans “Them” is whispering into their ears, like puppets on a string- 

However during the starting screen animation for DST we can see Charlie fighting with her own emotions decorating the room to be pretty, or spooky.. before finally both sides merge and she finds a middle ground.

It doesn’t appear that Charlie wants to completely make everyone’s life miserable, because in Hallowed Nights she gives them Candy, in Wintersfeast she gives them Winter Gifts...

She even goes out of her way here to make sure she adds Maxwells favorite type of winter drink for him to enjoy, And she also grants the survivors happy memories when they inspect and then eat the item “”Holiday Cheer.” She also creates her own Shadow Carrats to race against her sister Winona during the Year of the Carrat event.

Now Klei May come in here and say these events are non-canon to the story they want to tell but personally I like thinking that Charlie has at least “some” minor control over their influence, not enough to free herself... but not quite enough to become its next mindcontrolled puppet.

I am hopeful this is intentional, and that Klei eventually plans to add a way to rescue and play as Charlie.. 

Because if we DONT get that- Then DST will officially be the first of both DS, and DS’s DLC content packs to NOT have a secret unlockable character.

DS Solo- Unlockable Wes and Maxwell.

DS Reign of Giants- Unlockable Webber.

DS Shipwrecked- Unlockable Wilbur & Woodlegs.

DS Hamlet- Unlockable Wilba.

DST- No one  ...... for Now.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Everyone else- has been a slave to the thrones influence and whatever evil plans “Them” is whispering into their ears, like puppets on a string- 

However during the starting screen animation for DST we can see Charlie fighting with her own emotions decorating the room to be pretty, or spooky.. before finally both sides merge and she finds a middle ground.

It doesn’t appear that Charlie wants to completely make everyone’s life miserable, because in Hallowed Nights she gives them Candy, in Wintersfeast she gives them Winter Gifts...

She even goes out of her way here to make sure she adds Maxwells favorite type of winter drink for him to enjoy, And she also grants the survivors happy memories when they inspect and then eat the item “”Holiday Cheer.” She also creates her own Shadow Carrats to race against her sister Winona during the Year of the Carrat event.

Now Klei May come in here and say these events are non-canon to the story they want to tell but personally I like thinking that Charlie has at least “some” minor control over their influence, not enough to free herself... but not quite enough to become its next mindcontrolled puppet.

I am hopeful this is intentional, and that Klei eventually plans to add a way to rescue and play as Charlie.. 

Because if we DONT get that- Then DST will officially be the first of both DS, and DS’s DLC content packs to NOT have a secret unlockable character.

DS Solo- Unlockable Wes and Maxwell.

DS Reign of Giants- Unlockable Webber.

DS Shipwrecked- Unlockable Wilbur & Woodlegs.

DS Hamlet- Unlockable Wilba.

DST- No one  ...... for Now.

As much as I want unlockable Charlie, it would likely have to be towards the end of DST's plot-relevant updates because otherwise there won't be an antagonist.

Someone has to be in control of the throne.

They might elaborate more on "Them" at some point soon and introduce some kind of force we have to cooperate with her to fight though, depending on how the Metheus puzzle thing is supposed to pan out.

Edited by Karmattack
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Karmattack said:

They might elaborate more on "Them" at some point soon and introduce some kind of force we have to cooperate with her to fight though, depending on how the Metheus puzzle thing is supposed to pan out.

Yeah and expand more on the Gesults. The two seem to be different entities.

• Health 1

I want to resurrect this thread to ask more questions.. these 3 are directly aimed at Klei and hopefully someone at Klei will be kind enough to answer these whenever they feel is the appropriate time to provide me with such Unspeakable Knowledges ;) Answer them all, answer the ones you want or Answer none at all is entirely up to you guys.

Question 1- Is Wigfrids refresh fully completed and there will be no further reevaluations/improvements to it like was done with Woodie and Wendy’s?

Question 2- Will Don’t Starve Together ever have an actual Adventures mode similar to DS Single Players & like freeing Maxwell I can Quest to Save Charlie?

Question 3- When is the Hallowed Nights starting? 

2 hours ago, Notecja said:

Does the Constant sky have any stars?

Yes, considering we have meteors, they might just be asteroids, the moon or even other planets debris. We also have a moon, even though that's a natural satellite, the circumstances points towards a complete celestial body.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

do earthquakes break moon lens?

As far as I know, they don't. I have plenty of moonlenses throughout my caves marking every big tentacle by color, and after 3000 days they are still there intact.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2020 at 4:21 AM, Owlrus said:

How is insulation supposed to work, and what do the insulation points attribute to? Never understood it.

Stored warmth points. If you have a heat rock and a big ol poofy hat, you'll stay warmer longer in the cold.

Dear Klei- When is the Spooky going to start? 

Fortnite has returned the Halloween cosmetics into their store.

State of Decay 2 got its Halloween update a few days ago.

Plants Vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville got its Halloween update yesterday.

Destiny 2 got its Halloween update today.

Smite also got its Halloween update today.

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dear Klei- When is the Spooky going to start? 

Fortnite has returned the Halloween cosmetics into their store.

State of Decay 2 got its Halloween update a few days ago.

Plants Vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville got its Halloween update yesterday.

Destiny 2 got its Halloween update today.

Smite also got its Halloween update today.

Thursday. Its coming thursday. Maybe this thursday, maybe next one. Klei will say when the update coming, and please, stop comparing other games. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Thursday. Its coming thursday. Maybe this thursday, maybe next one. Klei will say when the update coming, and please, stop comparing other games. 

I don’t see how telling when other games events have started can possibly be hurting anything, if Anything at all it gives people who may not even be aware that those events have started who play those games a heads up that those events are now active. I don’t see anything at all wrong with that- but I am sorry if you find it annoying.

I love Halloween events, this is the time of year that I stock up on cosmetics in all of my favorite games that I’ll be wearing all year round regardless of what time of year it actually is.

I look at it like Klei devs may have kids they play those games with, especially PVZ.. and even Klei Dev’s may not be aware that those Halloween festivities have kicked off.

Themed events such as Halloween & Christmas only happen once a year, it is the only time of that year that those events can be enjoyed (unless your playing DST.. and can toggle them on manually yourself) so Some people might like a small Heads up that their favorite games have now been Spooky-ifed.

Edited by Mike23Ua

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

How do Giants like Deerclops or Bearger arrive to the Constant other than game scripted spawning? Do they just plop out of somewhere or are born naturally and grow somewhere in the Constant?

perhaps they are tied with moon mutations

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

How do Giants like Deerclops or Bearger arrive to the Constant other than game scripted spawning? Do they just plop out of somewhere or are born naturally and grow somewhere in the Constant?

My headcanon is that the constace is bigger that we see in the game (is a game) so the forest are huuuge and there live some giants. The giants roam and eventually some of them gets atracted by survivors

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gaymime said:

do you think by the end of ROT there might be a reanimated skeleton variant on lunar island?

I think we will get a giant crystal undead shrimp-thing creature. We will have to kill it three times to defeat it (like two times for Klaus or two times for hounds on island). 

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

On 10/7/2020 at 5:58 AM, bruhmoment23 said:

I would say that they fall from Hamlet since Hamlet is canon to take place in the skies above DST, BUT.. look at how being in the sky and thus, Closer to the Moon.. changed the behavior of certain mobs-

Pigs became more civilized- even to the point that they feel ashamed and will reward the player onyc when they clean their poops out the city streets.

Splumonkey & Cave Spiders merged into some large ugly SpiderApe thing..

Plants on the Island of Hamlet became so alive they started walking..

okay and NOW- there’s a large chunk of this same moon that at the start of return of them broke off and crashed into the ocean of the constant... 

What all EXACTLY is the moons powers being that much closer to everything going to cause in the “Long-Term”? Will pigs of DST become almost Hamlet level intelligent? Will more plants start coming alive? Will horrifying mutations happen to-

Well actually Theres already a large much debated topic on going about that last one.

but my point: The MOON (or at least a huge chunk of it) is in the Ocean now.. and there’s no telling what it’s powers are doing to everything around it.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would say that they fall from Hamlet since Hamlet is canon to take place in the skies above DST, BUT.. look at how being in the sky and thus, Closer to the Moon.. changed the behavior of certain mobs-

Pigs became more civilized- even to the point that they feel ashamed and will reward the player onyc when they clean their poops out the city streets.

The pigs from Hamlet and the "normal" pigs are implied to be the same tribe. There's a topiary of the pig king in Hamlet's palace city and somewhere (on one of the DST vingettes? I don't remember off the top of my head) it's stated that the "normal" pigs left their original home to live a simpler life.

Think of it like the pigman version of moving out of the big city to start a farm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkey Cups said:

The pigs from Hamlet and the "normal" pigs are implied to be the same tribe. There's a topiary of the pig king in Hamlet's palace city and somewhere (on one of the DST vingettes? I don't remember off the top of my head) it's stated that the "normal" pigs left their original home to live a simpler life.

Think of it like the pigman version of moving out of the big city to start a farm.

maybe they leave the cities because of the werepig curse

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

While we are talking of hamlets I have a few questions, now that all consoles have the DLC (with exception to smartphones) how is everyone currently enjoying it?

Please don’t provide spoilers just say if it’s good/bad for you & provide a bit of reason.

And my second question- can we get some Hamlet inspired mechanics in DST? Such as Piko Squirrel.. I love them, they are adorable and not only are they a good emergency food source, but they also make the worlds feel more lively.

Edited by Mike23Ua

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Splumonkey & Cave Spiders merged into some large ugly SpiderApe thing..

Plants on the Island of Hamlet became so alive they started walking..

okay and NOW- there’s a large chunk of this same moon that at the start of return of them broke off and crashed into the ocean of the constant... 

What all EXACTLY is the moons powers being that much closer to everything going to cause in the “Long-Term”? Will pigs of DST become almost Hamlet level intelligent? Will more plants start coming alive? Will horrifying mutations happen to-

Well actually Theres already a large much debated topic on going about that last one.

but my point: The MOON (or at least a huge chunk of it) is in the Ocean now.. and there’s no telling what it’s powers are doing to everything around it.

What about Pugma who went to another place