Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Gigantic Energy Machine

But also- How is one supposed to manage Sanity as Wigfrid while in caves when there isn’t any thing to fight to bring Sanity back up? For non-Wigfrids most of them can just chop and eat the plentiful mushrooms here, but that won’t work when playing Wig.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Gigantic Energy Machine

But also- How is one supposed to manage Sanity as Wigfrid while in caves when there isn’t any thing to fight to bring Sanity back up? For non-Wigfrids most of them can just chop and eat the plentiful mushrooms here, but that won’t work when playing Wig.

killing shadows, wigfrid cant stay insane more than 1 minute

• Like 3

New questions! Is there any details about Year of the Beefalo update yet?

When will Klei be taking their planned holiday break?

And can I also choose to go on holiday break until they return to regular forum activity? (I simply don’t want to be hit with warnings from posts made while Mr JoeW is away on break)

Lastly, Will there be a Wintersfeast community event like we had with Hallowed Nights?

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

New questions! Is there any details about Year of the Beefalo update yet?

When will Klei be taking their planned holiday break?

And can I also choose to go on holiday break until they return to regular forum activity? (I simply don’t want to be hit with warnings from posts made while Mr JoeW is away on break)

Lastly, Will there be a Wintersfeast community event like we had with Hallowed Nights?

nobody knows

nobody knows

yes bye

No

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/6/2020 at 10:36 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Killing nightmares, like ArubaroBeefalo said, is the best way to quickly gain back sanity. Another way to boost your sanity (and health) is with surf 'n' turf--two monster meat and two eels is all you need for +60 health and +33 sanity. Great food to take with you while you're clearing the ruins.

• Like 3

More of a lore question... 

But was Maxwell on the throne before the ancients died out, or after?

The main reasons I ask this are...

-Maxwells says that when he showed up, nothing was there

-How could Maxwell know so much about the ancients if they had already died out?

-Supposedly the ancient staff bearer was put into the throne, which makes no sense if Maxwell was there. 

-Maxwell doesn't know about the archives, yet knew everything else. 

-Acts like the ancient guardian was his pet or friend. He seems to have known it before the fuel but supposedly it is connected to the ancients.

• Like 4

Who wrote the Codex Umbra?
And who owned it before Maxwell found it?

Remember, William found the book after both it and He survived a train wreckage; clearly, the book was being shipped somewhere and the train wreck prevented the Codex from reaching its destination. Where was it going? Why? 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Why does Cut Stone has "Cut" in its name but it does not cut anything? Why can't we call it Cube Stone?

Talking about namings, who named all of the things in the ruins? Why is Thulecite named Thulecite and what is the meaning of it? What is beyong the crack within the nightmare fissure?

Why does it only take 4 planks to create a considerably large boat?

My ultimate question is, why does most characters in DS (dlcs) and DST have red colours in their default attire?

Edited by TheTruth

7 hours ago, TheTruth said:

Why does Cut Stone has "Cut" in its name but it does not cut anything? Why can't we call it Cube Stone?

Talking about namings, who named all of the things in the ruins? Why is Thulecite named Thulecite and what is the meaning of it? What is beyong the crack within the nightmare fissure?

Why does it only take 4 planks to create a considerably large boat?

My ultimate question is, why does most characters in DS (dlcs) and DST have red colours in their default attire?

1. It's cut stone, not cutting stone, that's why

2. The ancients

3. Planks as an item is already several planks

4. To stand out from most of the background and give characters a warm, aggressive vibe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TheTruth said:

What is beyong the crack within the nightmare fissure?

Possibly a series of underground pathways all connected to the ancient gateway? I figure that's the case since the fissures radiate light based on the nightmare cycle, the latter of which seems to be controlled by the gateway considering you're able to lock the underground into a permanent nightmare phase using the portal key. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Why Wormwood susceptible to poison system in SW/H and even have his own enuqie cure, but dont get any heal or damage from food? Its obviously Wormwood don`t have any of biological organs and heart. So what poison affects, actually? 

Plants can be poisoned too (he shouldnt eat salt D:  ). And there few kinds of poison, one of them can... digest/disassemble stuff (I whis I had better word for this), other can makes trouble to breathe and move. And Wormwood is kinda breathing... 

• Like 3

On 12/13/2020 at 7:24 AM, Dragonboooorn said:

Why Wormwood susceptible to poison system in SW/H and even have his own enuqie cure, but dont get any heal or damage from food? Its obviously Wormwood don`t have any of biological organs and heart. So what poison affects, actually? 

WX doesnt have them either but here we are

4 hours ago, Outdated said:

So I’m doing a Webber world and was wondering if I fought bee queen with spiders would they eat the royal jelly?

Nope. Royal jelly's has no meat tags foodtype is not meat and unless spiders are now eating non-meat items they should leave the royal jelly untouched.

Edited by Knowbodie
Thanks for the correction @QuartzBeam
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Knowbodie said:

snip.PNG.d19cbb1841f8658baddf6688b953ecfb.PNG

This is from meats.lua

I don't think these tags are actually used though. I did a very thorough search and at no point did I find anything that uses this tag. Everything seems to work off the FOODTYPE. It's what Bunnymen check to see if they should turn on you and it seems to be what every mob uses to locate items they'd want to eat. And Royal Jelly's FOODTYPE is GENERIC or whatever the default is anyway.

That also seems to be the case for the "ismeat" variable. Not one line actually checks for it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I don't think these tags are actually used though. I did a very thorough search and at no point did I find anything that uses this tag. Everything seems to work off the FOODTYPE. It's what Bunnymen check to see if they should turn on you and it seems to be what every mob uses to locate items they'd want to eat. And Royal Jelly's FOODTYPE is GENERIC or whatever the default is anyway.

That also seems to be the case for the "ismeat" variable. Not one line actually checks for it.

Hmmm you're right on that one. The spider files also show usage of eating meats via FOODTYPE but not any mentions of the actual meats tag...

I'm believe that I mixed up the tags with their crockpot values, since within Royal Jelly's tag was "honeyed", so that may be the case since it has a sweetener value... this tag was also in honey.lua which has mentions of "honeyed" tag but strangely I can't find any foodtype values in honey or royal jelly

5 minutes ago, Knowbodie said:

Hmmm you're right on that one. The spider files also show usage of eating meats via FOODTYPE but not any mentions of the actual meats tag...

I'm believe that I mixed up the tags with their crockpot values, since within Royal Jelly's tag was "honeyed", so that may be the case since it has a sweetener value... this tag was also in honey.lua which has mentions of "honeyed" tag but strangely I can't find any foodtype values in honey or royal jelly

The "honeyed" tag is used for Bearger. He'll chase the player if they have items with that tag on them. But it's not connected to either FOODTYPE (Honey Ham is MEAT, Taffy is GOODIES, yet both are "honeyed") or to ingredient values (which only "exist" inside the crock pot and have no bearing on anything else).

I guess the "meat" tag and the ismeat variable are artifacts from a much earlier version of the game...

• Thanks 1