Any unknown mechanic to share?

Ancient Fuel Weaver can be deactivate by removing the Ancient Key inside the Gateway, even when mid-fight, it could be life-saving when players messed up and can not win the boss. Wortox can use this to farm soul - Ancient Fuel Weaver despawn still drops 8 souls to collect.

Spoiler

20201002202624_1.thumb.jpg.dad065f8551e2eb880e9d1fee7a914f6.jpg

20201002203619_1.thumb.jpg.759ce9aa80720d483b9f74f2ae646646.jpg

20201002203620_1.thumb.jpg.0f0a1debb9b45cf14dffd07c2a8cf4c1.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, BezKa said:

Tamed beefalo can't jump off a boat on their own. If you need your beef to stay in one place, just jump on one of your Bridges and come back for it later.

I thought that was a smart idea until my beefalo wandered off the boat into the sea.

• Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 5

You can befriend 9 extra rock lobsters with one rock as Walter by crafting 10 pebbles with the one rock. And then you can feed those 10 pebbles to rock lobsters.

Another tip with Walter, Slurtles and Snurtles produce one slime for ever 6 hunger points they gain. Rocks will feed them by one hunger point. But as Walter you could instead craft 10 pebbles with the one rock, pebbles are worth one hunger point each. So you turned one hunger point into 10 hunger points with Walter.

• Like 9

Gobblers don't run away from frogs even when attacked by them, and frogs do get hostile if they move close enough. So if you get a gobbler when picking berries at ponds, just scare them near the frogs.

The frogs will kill the gobblers for you, and the gobbler won't even move.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 6

On 10/10/2020 at 1:05 AM, Blue Moth said:

killing crab king before starting pearl's quest can be beneficial, since the trident can be used to much more efficiently catch fish for pearl.

Getting 10 9 gems, killing a boss, and then hunting for gnarwails to craft the trident, or do her quests for a chance to get a heavy bait lure. Sounds like the most inneficient way to get her heavy fish.

Edited by KeshS
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Getting 10 9 gems, killing a boss, and then hunting for gnarwails to craft the trident, or do her quests for a chance to get a heavy bait lure. Sounds like the most inneficient way to get her heavy fish.

yea, I'd rather just take my time, slowly get her those fesh, nice and relaxing, then once I'm done, grab the bees and quickly speedrun that nightmare

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 1:43 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Gobblers don't run away from frogs even when attacked by them, and frogs do get hostile if they move close enough. So if you get a gobbler when picking berries at ponds, just scare them near the frogs.

The frogs will kill the gobblers for you, and the gobbler won't even move.

Gobblers are pretty stupid. They also ignore tentacles, maybe spiders, run away only from humanoids. We seriously need reworked mob AI.

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

6 hours ago, KeshS said:

You can do the Crab King with 0 gems just build a flingo on your boat and light up a fire next to him.  The flingo will ice him which will start the fight regardless of gems inserted.  A 0 gem Crab King fight is actually pretty easy.  Once you have the blueprint you just need to nab some narwhales while you're out fishing and you can get a trident together.  Depends on how you want to spend your time though.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

You can do the Crab King with 0 gems just build a flingo on your boat and light up a fire next to him.  The flingo will ice him which will start the fight regardless of gems inserted.  A 0 gem Crab King fight is actually pretty easy.  Once you have the blueprint you just need to nab some narwhales while you're out fishing and you can get a trident together.  Depends on how you want to spend your time though.

it was fixed, wasn't it?

Dying and becoming a Ghost is NOT completely useless- there is a large variety of things players who are ghosts can do

You can haunt heads on sticks to animate them back to life, it doesn’t do anything but it’s funny to do.

You can haunt flowers with a chance to turn them Evil.

You can Haunt Pigmen with a chance to trigger their Werewolf curse.

You can Haunt Wendy’s Vigor Mortis Ectoherbology potions that she leaves on the ground for a short speed boost.

Players who are without resources to build a torch, lantern, campfire, etc.. light source with Can stand beside a dead players ghostly glow to survive through night.

You can also haunt those large Tentacles that are down in caves repeatedly to eventually get them to destroy themselves.

And people said Wendy’s rework was OP LOL Abigail can’t do half those ghostly perks!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can haunt heads on sticks to animate them back to life, it doesn’t do anything but it’s funny to do.

It actually does do something. At least, when the full moon animates them, if someone destroys them with a hammer, you'll also get some nightmare fuel

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can haunt flowers with a chance to turn them Evil.

I did this a while ago because I wanted my own cultivated evil flowers for a clean sweeper. I legit starved to death because it was convenient timing for when I wanted to die and haunt my flowers.

"Don't Starve", hah. I'll starve if I darn well want to! Don't tell me what not to do!

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can Haunt Wendy’s Vigor Mortis Ectoherbology potions that she leaves on the ground for a short speed boost.

Well THAT one I didn't know.

• Haha 3

Rocks have three different ground sprites, for some reason. Even weirder, a single rock will remember what sprite it has if you pick it up and drop it again. This doesn't apply to when it's put in a stack.

image.png.54f828213cb0564dea705bf57801cc5d.png

Edited by Canis
  • Like 18
  • Haha 2
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • GL Happy 5