Any unknown mechanic to share?

43 minutes ago, FuriousChimera said:

A player in server gave me this commad to  check:print(TheWorld.Map:IsVisualGroundAtPoint(ThePlayer.Transform:GetWorldPosition()))

That checks whether they would spawn or not because you're on ocean.

-nods- good to know

i also found out that the ocean spawning hounds was a glitch that only happened in the short time between the last two updates and after the last update there is no longer any unexpected ocean hounds(though they sill have the weird pathfinding that sometimes has them jump in the water when you run along the seam between the  land and the sea

Edited by gaymime

If your playing as Wurt you have lots of extra meat lying around, well you can give it to the bird for eggs,

and use those eggs as filler.  (rattitouie 1 veg, 3 eggs) (fistful of jam 1 berry 3 egg)

Also as Wurt you can get a werepig by giving it the 4   mm between its attacks. After it swings give it one mm,

sometimes it doesn't eat it but mostly it does, this probably works for webber and wortox too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crabking can be frozen using ice flingo and burning the minisigns placed really near him to start the fight without any changes of his stats even with or without a gem inserted.

Edited by Guest

On 5/26/2019 at 12:50 AM, Brago-sama said:

Fugu hutch (put a lightbulb and a spear in his inventory) does just enough damage to one hit baby tentacles when they hit him. Baby tentacles drop one soul each for wortox. Infinite, continuous free food/health source for wortox down in the caves

That doesnt work anymore, I think that got patched a bit after he got added  (At least when I killed some baby tentacles as wortox last week they didnt give souls)

• Like 5

I don't have any code-digging to prove this, but from experience:

How to walk your Bearger:
- To go for a short walk, drop anything he'll eat, wait for him to see it, then pick it up. He'll follow you until he gets bored, or you drop food and let him eat it.
- To go for a long walk, have a honeycomb in your inventory and drop something he'll eat. Pick up the food after he sees it. He will follow you across the entire Constant until you drop the honeycomb. He will not eat the honeycomb.

• Like 8

You can farm multiple morsels using a single trap and a single rabbit, just kill the rabbit when the trap is doing the animation of catch.

As any character that can mass farm spiders(webber/wendy) you can make a krampus/feather/morsel farm using a lot of bird traps(this is faster than using boomerangs because you don't scare birds when you kill them in your inventory).

You can use a rabbit to trigger bramble traps and try to hit more enemies.

A houndious shootius in a boat it's potentially the best place for a movable turret.

Edited by Pedrito
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

I don't have any code-digging to prove this, but from experience:

How to walk your Bearger:
- To go for a short walk, drop anything he'll eat, wait for him to see it, then pick it up. He'll follow you until he gets bored, or you drop food and let him eat it.
- To go for a long walk, have a honeycomb in your inventory and drop something he'll eat. Pick up the food after he sees it. He will follow you across the entire Constant until you drop the honeycomb. He will not eat the honeycomb.

he's supposed to aggro on you if you do that.

Not sure if that's a bug the way he doesn't care.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:21 PM, Well-met said:

firestaff on the ice deer isnt very reliable and it takes a short time for it to start panicking. it wont stop the spell in most cases.

I though it was me doing at bad time

Well can be change to ice staff, it will stop krampus too (still prefering pan flute but i think staffs are underate)

Also with characters with beard, unless you dont mind, is recomended to stop the fire spell to prevent overheating

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

he's supposed to aggro on you if you do that.

Not sure if that's a bug the way he doesn't care.

He cares. I meant as he'll keep aggro for different amounts of time, allowing you to move him a short distance or a long distance. Not passive following. Smashing following. Suppose I should have clarified that.

Shortertimes to smash a forest, and safely pick up loot after. Longer times to take him to farther biomes.

• Like 1

Here’s a lesser known mechanic that’s super secret, hardly anyone knows about and totally works.

During the starting menu animation (before you get to the title screen) if you quickly input the Konami code into a controller something really amazing will happen.

It will swap Lunar Island and the basic starting islands world Gen sizes- meaning that your map will become 85% Lunar and the 15% basic island.

(hey don’t knock it till you try it... it Works in Rocket League, it should TOTALLY work in DST.)

Spoiler

It actually does work in Rocket League.. but all it will do in DST is- Nothing.. nothing at all.

Also: You can always help poor Wilson find base by using a flare, the celestial orb, or a socketed moon lens.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 3

More serious tip from me this time. If you're using Geometric Placement, mini signs can help a lot to measure out the placement of structures and whatnot for more accurate results (at least in my experience); and they're pretty easy to remove (just need to dig them with a shovel, so no need to waste a hammer's durability any further). Even better, they only need one board to craft and you get four of them, on top of them taking up nearly no space on the grid as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Owlrus said:

mini signs can help a lot to measure out the placement of structures and whatnot for more accurate results (at least in my experience); and they're pretty easy to remove (just need to dig them with a shovel, so no need to waste a hammer's durability any further).

An alternative for Mini Signs are Tooth Traps: Tooth Traps might be more costly than Mini Signs, they take more slots and you can't place them that close to structures, but unlike Mini Signs you don't need to waste a shovel's durability to pick them up, and they can be picked up straight away instead of being dug once and picked up afterwards.

• Like 2