DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

ArubaroBeefalo    2997
On 6/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

If you don't have the No Extinction mod, then never use honeycomb to make Bundling Wrap. Use Klaus' wax paper instead.

beequeen and her hive gives honeycombs

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

Parusoid    555

you can trigger cave earthquake by exploding gunpowder assuming that the damage it would deal is equal or bigger than the time (in seconds) until the next quake. since quakes happen eveyr 1 to 3 days, the amount of gunpowder you need to use to be 100% sure to trigger quake is 8

Edited by Parusoid
  • Thanks 4

Viktor234    4249
13 hours ago, Shosuko said:

You will not get a blueprint you already know, and you will only get desert goggles if you already know fashion goggles.

That statement is wrong.

UpdateLootBlueprint = function(loottable, doer)
        local builder = doer ~= nil and doer.components.builder or nil
        loottable["goggleshat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["deserthat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat") and builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["succulent_potted_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("succulent_potted")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["antliontrinket"] = (builder ~= nil and builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat")) and .8 or 0.1
    end,

You can always get the Fashion Goggles or Desert Goggles Blueprint from any Crumpled Package you open, you don't need the Fashion goggles Blueprint to get Desert Goggles and even if you already know Fashion Goggles, you can still get Fashion Goggles as Blueprint.

The only thing that changes if you have Fashion Goggles or Desert Goggles Blueprint is the chance to get the Blueprint whenever you open a package.

• Like 4

Shosuko    2230
On 7/1/2020 at 11:48 AM, Viktor234 said:

That statement is wrong.

UpdateLootBlueprint = function(loottable, doer)
        local builder = doer ~= nil and doer.components.builder or nil
        loottable["goggleshat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["deserthat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat") and builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["succulent_potted_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("succulent_potted")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["antliontrinket"] = (builder ~= nil and builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat")) and .8 or 0.1
    end,

You can always get the Fashion Goggles or Desert Goggles Blueprint from any Crumpled Package you open, you don't need the Fashion goggles Blueprint to get Desert Goggles and even if you already know Fashion Goggles, you can still get Fashion Goggles as Blueprint.

The only thing that changes if you have Fashion Goggles or Desert Goggles Blueprint is the chance to get the Blueprint whenever you open a package.

True the chance is not zero, but its very low.  If you're trying to fish up extra recipies for a few people while they do something else, or you're trying to get the desert goggles asap, that 1% drop rate is meaningless.

• Like 1

DaZoul    535
On 6/16/2020 at 6:26 PM, thegreatJash said:

Dunno if anyone has posted this already, sine I'm too lazy to read everything, but Walter cannot summon pets from the Rock Den because of Woby.

You can, if you get your pet with another character, then switch to Walter via the Celestial Portal. So you CAN be followed by Woby, a Vargling, a Hound, a Blue Hound, a Red Hound, a Horror Hound, a Varg, a Clay Hound and finally, a Clay Varg. I think you can also be followed by a Gingerbread Varg, if said Varg stays even if you switch to the Year of the Varg event. 

Edited by DaZoul
  • Like 1

hyiltiz    486
37 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

You can, if you get your pet with another character, then switch to Walter via the Celestial Portal. So you CAN be followed by Woby, a Vargling, a Hound, a Blue Hound, a Red Hound, a Horror Hound, a Varg, a Clay Hound and finally, a Clay Varg. I think you can also be followed by a Gingerbread Varg, if said Varg stays even if you switch to the Year of the Varg event. 

Someone post a video on this please!!! Spawn them in if you must.

themightyone    163

Not sure if it's been posted , but if your in a bad spot with shadow creatures after you and are gonna die just quit out of the game. Shadow creatures are not saved when reloaded. So it's a decent way to get rid of them and get yourself out of trouble . Kinda cheesy but meh

• Like 3

Shosuko    2230
4 minutes ago, reichull said:

Me and @Warlockadamm just discovered if your boat breaks and you have sculptures on it, they will sink to the bottom and appear as "underwater salvageable" that can be fished out with a pinchin' winch. We looked it up and it's actually noted on the wiki that other heavy objects like the suspicious marble, celestial altar pieces, cave-in boulders, etc will also do the same. Link to more about it here.

1760984100_ScreenShot2020-07-25at12_52_43PM.thumb.png.c041e35d955018bee76121f7cfaa5399.png

So if I wanna ask my crush out to a dance I can spell it out in the water and take them boating... ? <3 

(Just a joke, I don't have a crush and I don't dance... -_-  but maybe I could do pixel art? )

Edited by Shosuko
  • Haha 2

themightyone    163

You can speed up your honey production by leaving a little to harvest at the start of the day. You harvest and it gets all the bees out of the box and on to flowers , where as leaving it alone the bees only come out 1 by 1  slowly thru the day . 

With charcoal collection in early to mid game , I have found the small evergreen trees give the most charcoal compared to medium or large versions of the tree. Its surprising how much more you get. What I like to do is find a clear area plant 15 to 20 trees and wait about a day until all are small trees ,light them all up and reap the charcoal.

• Thanks 1

hugef    4
On 10/31/2019 at 1:56 PM, Jessie223 said:

birds have a 0% chance of leaving behind seeds when you spook them while you have seeds in your inventory

drop your seeds at least two tiles away from a bird before spooking it if you want a lot of seeds for whatever reason

a use for this would be for crafting a good bunch of woodie's goose idol very early

(this applies for flint, twigs, and grass too when birds are able to drop those for you)

If you close your backpack with the seeds inside, you can spook them and still get a chance to have a seed and it's actually pretty easy seed farming :)

• Like 3