Any unknown mechanic to share?

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

the only way to get birds during night-time is that Catcoons can (rarely) throw up live birds if you give them gifts and wait a bit. 

Wouldn't another way be with Wickerbottom and winter? If you manage to steal 2 eggs from pengulls during winter, you can make the birds book and summon birds over traps.

Although I'm not sure if pengulls lay eggs during lights out.

38 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wouldn't another way be with Wickerbottom and winter? If you manage to steal 2 eggs from pengulls during winter, you can make the birds book and summon birds over traps.

Although I'm not sure if pengulls lay eggs during lights out.

Pengulls fall asleep right after spawning and don't lay the eggs.

But at least as Wikcerbottom you won't have trouble getting birds after you get your first bird from Catcoon...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

This is a very important tip for playing in Lights Out worlds. Also, Beefalos don't lose domestication while asleep, so it's actually easier to fully tame them in Lights Out, since they sleep imeediately after you dismount them (before even walking away!)

Also for Lights Out, an important tip is the only way to get birds during night-time is that Catcoons can (rarely) throw up live birds if you give them gifts and wait a bit. Note: becuase the Catcoon bird drop rate is so low, you will need lots of gift giving and waiting. (I'm talking attempts in the hundreds.)

You can get the Catcoon to cough up something right away by moving away from it and moving back to it after feeding it. It triggers when it gets out of range from you then gets into range of your character. 

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

How do you deal with the grumble bees? 

Bernie takes their aggro for the first two stages so you can just tank next to him with a couple of spare bernies. Stage three I get off and magi/cane kite. I guess you could potentially use scalemail or Abigail also. 

• Like 2

Two usefull tips for boss fights.

1. You can easliy dodge Dragonfly's first attack with 75% speed boost(road, cane, maigluminescence), all you have to do is run at a 45 degree angle to her.
2. Toadstool's sporeclouds do not affect perishable items for the first miliseconds, that means that you can beat toad with hambat if you have enough speed boost.(you need cane and magiluminescence, mabye less but I tested it with these items).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nogard78 said:

2. Toadstool's sporeclouds do not affect perishable items for the first miliseconds, that means that you can beat toad with hambat if you have enough speed boost.(you need cane and magiluminescence, mabye less but I tested it with these items).

If you're on PC you can do this:

Wear a backpack and put your ham bat in the back pack.  Put a walking cane and wooden armor in the first two slots of your inventory.  Right click to equip the hambat from the backpack and fight.  When you get the spore on your head start walking away and hit 1-2 on your keyboard.  This will equip the cane (putting the hambat in your backpack) and then equip the armor dropping your backpack to the ground.  Once the spore cloud pops you can circle back and grab the backpack - which will equip it putting the armor back on slot 2, then right click to equip the hambat putting the cane back in slot 1.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 3
  • Ninja 1

if you feed bird in cage with seed (not a specific one, like, the normal one) there's a chance that he will poop with small guaons that when dropped on ground, they are really small but act like normal one, this fact can help farming for example dragonfruit or just have more fertilizers

18 hours ago, Nogard78 said:

1. You can easliy dodge Dragonfly's first attack with 75% speed boost(road, cane, maigluminescence), all you have to do is run at a 45 degree angle to her.

"to her" or "from her"?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wons said:

"to her" or "from her"?

I knew it would be better with some kind of image.

1275748631_Beztytuu.thumb.png.3cf9abacf206910cd376fc93ad1daac7.png

That green thing is a Dragonfly and  a black arrow points where you should go while green one where Dragonfly goes.

16 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Wear a backpack and put your ham bat in the back pack.  Put a walking cane and wooden armor in the first two slots of your inventory.  Right click to equip the hambat from the backpack and fight.  When you get the spore on your head start walking away and hit 1-2 on your keyboard.  This will equip the cane (putting the hambat in your backpack) and then equip the armor dropping your backpack to the ground.  Once the spore cloud pops you can circle back and grab the backpack - which will equip it putting the armor back on slot 2, then right click to equip the hambat putting the cane back in slot 1.

Yes is also is a viable strategy, but it requires from you a little bit more effort and you have to pick up the backpack and that takes precious time.

• Like 8

Hammering a burnt sign still yields one board, enough to make a new one. However, there is also a chance of it dropping charcoal in addition to the boards. Not really worth the time, but you could have charcoal S T O N K S

Also you can stack living creatures:

Combine.PNG.d419402ab038ba3816432460d5f6e5e9.PNGCombine2.PNG.5239659c719b156dc070952b4fb22005.PNG

• Like 9
  • Haha 15
  • Sanity 4
  • Wavey 4
  • GL Happy 1

I don't know if someone said this before but, when you are in the ruins, shadow creatures will pop out from the krisures, and those are different from the sanity shadow creatures for 2 things, one they don't have a spawn limit of two per player so multiple can come after you, and two they don't restore sanity after death.

My unknown mechanic is that you can actually know if a shadow creature is a sanity one or a nightmare fase one by holding ctrl and hovering the mouse over them: normal sanity shadows have this names "Crawling Horror" and "Terror Beak". And the nightmare fase variants have those instead: "Crawling Nightmare" and "Nightmare Beak"

So if you need sanity restoration and want to kill some shadows, avoid the ones named "Nightmare" unless you want the nightmare fuel.

Edited by thevicelion
  • Like 10

Bearger's run attack destroys everything in its' path, including stone fruits.

So putting 1000+ stone fruits in a line, bait Bearger to do it's running attack, and let it run through destroying those 1000+ stone fruits in 5 seconds.

Save me a lot of time (and gold) to mine them.

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Bearger's run attack destroys everything in its' path, including stone fruits.

So putting 1000+ stone fruits in a line, bait Bearger to do it's running attack, and let it run through destroying those 1000+ stone fruits in 5 seconds.

Save me a lot of time (and gold) to mine them.

In case you didn't know, weather pains are very effective at mining them. Slurtle slime and gunpowder also work, but I believe you need to have them in stacks of 1 and 10 each respectively.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2020 at 2:18 AM, Knowbodie said:

Also you can stack living creatures:

Ok now I want to stack 40 bees and watch my friend's reaction when one bee explodes with stingers.

Here's some bad "unknown" mechanic: Crab King spawns close to the mainland, so don't bother searching for him at the edges of the land. Crabby Hermit though spawns randomly, so you have to rely on the jars or luck to find her.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crestwave said:

In case you didn't know, weather pains are very effective at mining them. Slurtle slime and gunpowder also work, but I believe you need to have them in stacks of 1 and 10 each respectively.

I just learned that from Jazzy's stream today. Quick drop is really a blessing tbh.

There's a guarantee way to catch the 3 fireflies in the Oasis lake without the use of Telelocator Staff.

You just have to go to a Moose/Goose nest during the last day of Spring, kill Moose/Goose, then bait the Moslings until rain starts pouring.

Rain caused by Mosling will be for two days, which means it will be still raining (or at least the ground is wet) during the first night of Summer). The Oasis lake will be emptied in Summer if the ground is wet/ it's raining for some reason. So you can catch the 3 fireflies without the need of Telelocator Staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spino43 said:

There's a guarantee way to catch the 3 fireflies in the Oasis lake without the use of Telelocator Staff.

You just have to go to a Moose/Goose nest during the last day of Spring, kill Moose/Goose, then bait the Moslings until rain starts pouring.

Rain caused by Mosling will be for two days, which means it will be still raining (or at least the ground is wet) during the first night of Summer). The Oasis lake will be emptied in Summer if the ground is wet/ it's raining for some reason. So you can catch the 3 fireflies without the need of Telelocator Staff.

What? huh? I'm not sure why this is useful, but I didn't understand half of what you said. This is really convoluted for 3 fireflies.

The fireflies at Oasis respawn every summer anyways, so I don't see why you would need to do this at all. Just wait until summer is over and catch them.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

An extremely specific trick mostly intended for pub WIllows during spring. Wearing a Rain hat or an Umbrella and standing under a burning tree dries you extremely fast, even in rain. The same also applies to evergreen/birchnut trees right next to a furnace. I suggest putting the tree in a planter to deter snotty Wickerbottoms from cutting it down for aesthetic reasons.

bingus.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sanity 2

Woodie's weremeter resets when full moon starts.

It can be really handy when goosing around or beavering an entire ecosystem. Moose is more questionable, as it requires some breathing room for healing inbetween fights.

Edited by MrNaxeros
  • Like 2