[Game Update] - 426792

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

If you can't understand me, I'll try to explain it to you:

I do not complain about the fact that "Bat Bat is tooo weak rn", I never complained about it and I did literally craft myself in every game an own Bat Bat just for emergencies. It was a nice balanced weapon back then.

But now since the Batilisk Wing drop rate has been increased to 75% and the amount of required Batilisk Wings has been reduced to 3, this weapon is literally free to craft, i.e. you don't need to grind Batilisks anymore to obtain a Bat Bat since killing 4 batilisks already drops ~3 Batilisk Wings for you. Other than that, the drop rate feels too insane right now as you can also use them as 3-4 free morsels per night, the Ice Box gets literally filled with Batilisk Wings.

How is 2 living logs and a purple gem literally free? I think you spend too much time on worlds that are on triple or quadruple digit days where everything is in overabundance. Sure, it's not a very expensive recipe, but why's that bad? It has really bad damage in exchange for healing you. Another thing that can heal you which is waaaay closer to literally free would be healing food, which also does it a lot faster than the Bat Bat.

3-4 morsels per night is also a pretty bad rate of getting food. In one night you could kill a Koalefant and get 8 large meats and a trunk, or harvest a bunnyman farm and get dozens of large meats and carrots, or punch a ton of butterflies, or do any of the million other food options. With how overabundant food is in DST I can't see the morsels being too helpful except maybe if you join a public server a few days after it starts so all the berries are gone but not regrown yet, and you're super hungry, or maybe if it's winter and you're ignorant of superior food options.

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, Stunp the tunp said:

Can someone make a bat farm desing that is efficient? i would like a extra "make with ease meat farm"

Fence off the sinkhole, place a bunny man hutch or two. Collect drops come day.

20 minutes ago, Stunp the tunp said:

Can someone make a bat farm desing that is efficient? i would like a extra "make with ease meat farm

Edited by 1bubbainpa

9 minutes ago, Kerpeten31 said:

any possibility for woodie transformation skins in a future qol update

I'd highly doubt it. I dont remember where, or who, but it got explained to us, just how difficult it is to make skins. That would take a tremendous amount of work for all the skins, for every animation, and so on

• Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

10 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

snip

After hundreds days in one world usually purple gems and living logs are quite... abudant. One from hounds waves, other from living nearby to birchnut forest (or playing Woodie). Anyway I don't mind easier recipe.

1 minute ago, E1234 said:

Lucy the axe reskins could be cool. They can have different names like Bernie's cat reskin. I actually forget whats the name of it though lol

the name's Ashley. Also, the Lucy skins I want, but renaming them is pretty much out of the question. Lucy is the original, there is noone else, that would be like cheating on someone

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

I'd highly doubt it. I dont remember where, or who, but it got explained to us, just how difficult it is to make skins. That would take a tremendous amount of work for all the skins, for every animation, and so on

Plus, they probably wouldn't charge for it just like the beards (At least, for the first few weeks), which would be many hours of work on a project that wouldn't net them that much.

Just now, DaZoul said:

the name's Ashley. Also, the Lucy skins I want, but renaming them is pretty much out of the question. Lucy is the original, there is noone else, that would be like cheating on someone

I dont have the Ashley skin but does Willow's examination quote even change when its on? I think it'd bother me seeing Woodie still call the axe Lucy, or Willow calling the stuffed animal Bernie.

Just now, E1234 said:

I dont have the Ashley skin but does Willow's examination quote even change when its on? I think it'd bother me seeing Woodie still call the axe Lucy, or Willow calling the stuffed animal Bernie.

I dont know, Im wondering if the name even changes in-game, its referred to as Ashley in the Belongings page, in-game it may still be Bernie

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wigfrid is the most popular DST character in the world, specially in the Chinese market. Her rework, and the skins that will come with her, may inject a healthy boost of income into Klei to continue the further development of the game. I'm sure Webber skins would sell well too, but Wigfrid is like up the roof in terms of popularity, so nothing compares to her.

Good points but isn't Wendy the most popular character overall, with Wigfrid coming in second?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eusong said:

Finally now I can get rid of stingers without opening the console. My worlds can now last a few hundred days longer than before. 

I believe you could feed them to a lureplant who would then digest them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Good points but isn't Wendy the most popular character overall, with Wigfrid coming in second?

I think it varies with the time of the day, when Chinese servers are peaking Wigfrid is #1 and when Western servers are peaking Wendy is #1 But I could be wrong. And even if she's number 2, I think the point still stands, she's still super popular.

Mr @CarlZalph is the supreme allseeing eye that has the numbers. I'm based on one of his latest posts about the subject:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E1234 said:

2 hours ago, E1234 said:

The item in the game will still be called 'Bernie'. The developers explained it is by design, to keep things consistent and easily identifiable.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think it varies with the time of the day, when Chinese servers are peaking Wigfrid is #1 and when Western servers are peaking Wendy is #1 But I could be wrong. And even if she's number 2, I think the point still stands, she's still super popular.

Mr @CarlZalph is the supreme allseeing eye that has the numbers. I'm based on one of his latest posts about the subject:

The three character popularity polls I made could have helped with that but they're also stricken with lack of respondents and the phenomenon called recent character release bias so yeah, CarlZalph holds the best data regarding this query

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brubs said:

So next refresh is Wigfrid? I wasn't expecting that :o 

wigrifimpatient.png.431c94b9e8dd3951649209aa27248556.png

evidence.thumb.png.10ac354ae388315828698f307f500766.png

Maybe there's some lore on the unicorn shaped helmet...

I thought Wigfreid already got an update. Shes the one that has the new catapult and spotlights yeah?

• Shopcat 1