[Game Update] - 426792

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think it varies with the time of the day, when Chinese servers are peaking Wigfrid is #1 and when Western servers are peaking Wendy is #1 But I could be wrong. And even if she's number 2, I think the point still stands, she's still super popular.

Mr @CarlZalph is the supreme allseeing eye that has the numbers. I'm based on one of his latest posts about the subject:

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The three character popularity polls I made could have helped with that but they're also stricken with lack of respondents and the phenomenon called recent character release bias so yeah, CarlZalph holds the best data regarding this query

Wigfrid was the most popular character up until Wendy's refresh, at which point they've been fairly neck and neck

• Thanks 2

Overall a welcome update, though I have 2 nitpicks/questions for devs:

• The now-builtin quickdrop is unable to drop items while there's an active item (held on cursor). Is this intentional? Would be nice to have that too.
  • Is it expected that cook book picks up recipes for in-game foods that were cooked using mod ingredients? Example: Using monster morsel from DSTU to cook Meaty stew.
  • Like 2

To people that said bat wing drop rate is excessive is forgetting about hollowed nights event. It was virtually impossible to get a large number of arboretum experiments if you are a builder. Now it's possible to make huge areas planted with spooky trees.

• Like 12

so... other things I just remember I would love to see:

- Pls allow lazy forager to be refuelable. As with the Magiluminescence, items that have good recipes and can be refueled (specially things that need to be crafted in the ruins... u know it's a travel to get there) encourage to actually make more use of them. Managing inventory when u also need to craft the forager makes that people simply prioritize and don't really make them. U still have to carry them back instead of armor, walls, or other much more survival priority items like star callers, deconstructions staves, constructions amulets. I personally use the Magi a lot cuz ik I have to craft two in case of things happening and then I just need to take care of one with fuel. 

- Pls add a trash can. After a while,, you have just a lot of stuff that can't be destroyed by fire... a trash can really is a needed feature in long standing worlds (yes ik about lure plant)

- Pls add a structure you could place made out of one cratered moonrock, a gem, and a sort of pillar or base to use as color markers for wormholes.

- Pls add signs with icons u can see on the map for certain mobs like Beefalos, Moleworms, Bunnies... I mean Ocuvigil is a bit too much when u just want to see the spot of boof herds in the night to quickly get the wool from one herd to the other or get some moleworms for moogles or guacamole

- Pls allow an option to inspect what's inside bundles or at least to "write" what's inside with a pencil.

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Brubs said:

So next refresh is Wigfrid? I wasn't expecting that :o 

wigrifimpatient.png.431c94b9e8dd3951649209aa27248556.png

evidence.thumb.png.10ac354ae388315828698f307f500766.png

Maybe there's some lore on the unicorn shaped helmet...

the text on the wall says "die walküre" (they hid the ü because that'd be too obvious) it's german and translates into: the valkyrie

51 minutes ago, KeshS said:

To people that said bat wing drop rate is excessive is forgetting about hollowed nights event. It was virtually impossible to get a large number of arboretum experiments if you are a builder. Now it's possible to make huge areas planted with spooky trees.

but 75% is a bit much tbh... not really complaining that there are other sources of food but maybe 50% might be a bit better?

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

Players: "Bat bat isn't worth making cause batilisk wings are too rare to make it worth crafting"

Klei: *Buffs bat wing drop rate and reduces bat wing requirement*

Players: "Wait hold up"

Honestly keep it 75%, if mainly cause bat bat is actually a viable craft now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

what? 

when you play as wes he has a new reaction animation. it is either a bonesaw or an accordion(i've only seen it a couple times while zoomed out in pubs) but i am very thrilled and i am hoping to trigger it in my own hosted world so i can get a screencap

• Thanks 2

Could the developers revert the Batilisk Wing changes? Farming Batilisk Wings for the Bat Bat turned into a joke now as you can obtain them for free with no effort. Due to the quantity Batilisk Wings just became the new Meatballs fillers.

After playing a bit I realized that stingers don't smolder despite being burnable which make that new feature not as bad as I expected. The only change I want to see here is that stingers should actually burn into nothing instead of ashes.

• Sanity 1

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Could the developers revert the Batilisk Wing changes? Farming Batilisk Wings for the Bat Bat turned into a joke now as you can obtain them for free with no effort. Due to the quantity Batilisk Wings just became the new Meatballs fillers.

After playing a bit I realized that stingers don't smolder despite being burnable which make that new feature not as bad as I expected. The only change I want to see here is that stingers should actually burn into nothing instead of ashes.

please no. having wings as a meat option in pubs is a good thing ;x; when the rest of the starting area is picked clean barring like one sad berrybush and an already harvested redcap wings are a viable early-game food item

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hornete said:

1649987523_GIF2020-08-2110-38-57AM.gif.5001410a47782ece60947ea177737c77.gif

Do you mean this animation? This is an emote in the game called /bonesaw. Any player can perform the emote.

that is it!

i have literally never seen that in over 200 hours of play, i also did not command it or even have my chat open so i am not sure how it would have happened multiple times

Edited by gaymime
  • Haha 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, ACLegend said:

When I use the function ChooseTranslationTable, the mod cannot be published to the workshop.
"Could not verify data folder.'modinfo.lua' is either missing or invalid."

Ah yes, that is an issue, as a temporary fix, you can throw

ChooseTranslationTable = ChooseTranslationTable or function() end

at the top of your modinfo, until we get that fixed properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

6 hours ago, Plagezeichen said:

the text on the wall says "die walküre" (they hid the ü because that'd be too obvious) it's german and translates into: the valkyrie

New character Walküre confirmed.   Whew Wigfrid is safe...

Edited by smeagolheart
  • Haha 1