[Game Update] - 426792

Guys i kinda test the cookbook but im not sure if i get it 
Like, ok, i cook some recipes [around 12 in day 12, kek] and give the book for a friend to read wondering if he could learn my recipes from there, but he couldnt
And said to me "the only one what appears is the meat stew i done before" so fit me if im wrong, but the book cant help another players cuz u cant share you own recipes with yall

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

I'm way more disappointed than surprised from this QoL.

rip Rockjaw Zoo.

Amount of required Wings has been reduced from 5 to 3, Wing drop rate has been increased from 15% to a whopping 75%. That will make Bat Bats literally free and the guano biome useless.

That might be an easy way to gather ashes or to burn the whole Bee Biome within just a few seconds.

Klei managed to disappoint us as good as possible, as usual.

Dude you HEALS urself when youre fighting just switching ur slot hand pls stop this and think about it cuz ure so damm wrong how this weapon works

Its not supposed to deal large amounts of damage for this dark sword exists and u can carry both so

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

Dude you HEALS urself when youre fighting just switching ur slot hand pls stop this and think about it cuz ure so damm wrong how this weapon works

Its not supposed to deal large amounts of damage for this dark sword exists and u can carry both so

If you can't understand me, I'll try to explain it to you:

I do not complain about the fact that "Bat Bat is tooo weak rn", I never complained about it and I did literally craft myself in every game an own Bat Bat just for emergencies. It was a nice balanced weapon back then.

But now since the Batilisk Wing drop rate has been increased to 75% and the amount of required Batilisk Wings has been reduced to 3, this weapon is literally free to craft, i.e. you don't need to grind Batilisks anymore to obtain a Bat Bat since killing 4 batilisks already drops ~3 Batilisk Wings for you. Other than that, the drop rate feels too insane right now as you can also use them as 3-4 free morsels per night, the Ice Box gets literally filled with Batilisk Wings.

• Like 3

I really love the background teaser, it’s beautiful!! :x

I will admit it threw me off somewhat how regal/Victorian this house is if it is Wigfrid. I can definitely see her having a rich upbringing for her to afford being an actor, but I was also expecting her short would be viking or based on the stage. However, I will be excitedly waiting for it! 

• Like 2

I'm super happy! These look awesome! Thanks again for the free beards and points!

Ooh, and WIGFRID! HECK YEAH! She's one of the ones I was really looking forward to!

Can't wait to test it out. And this will help make the headache of remembering what goes into each recipe so much less stressful! I can finally cook all the obscure foods and only check the wiki once.

Finally, putting in a command for dropping items from your inventory thank so so much ;__;

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

I'm way more disappointed than surprised from this QoL.

rip Rockjaw Zoo.

Amount of required Wings has been reduced from 5 to 3, Wing drop rate has been increased from 15% to a whopping 75%. That will make Bat Bats literally free and the guano biome useless.

That might be an easy way to gather ashes or to burn the whole Bee Biome within just a few seconds.

Klei managed to disappoint us as good as possible, as usual.

Should speak for yourself not us. You're the first negative response in the entire thread.

Guano biome was not very useful before and still isn't very useful. I never tried to make bat bat in game, but now that it's easier, I will. So the guano biome has become more useful than useless for me.

Never have issues with burning bees if you just don't kill an obscene amount without picking up the stingers, and not burning them... There's a lot of variables at play to actually accidentally burn bee hives. Even if it's summer and they smolder, seeds could do the same thing.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Potato Cup 1

28 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

If you can't understand me, I'll try to explain it to you:

I do not complain about the fact that "Bat Bat is tooo weak rn", I never complained about it and I did literally craft myself in every game an own Bat Bat just for emergencies. It was a nice balanced weapon back then.

But now since the Batilisk Wing drop rate has been increased to 75% and the amount of required Batilisk Wings has been reduced to 3, this weapon is literally free to craft, i.e. you don't need to grind Batilisks anymore to obtain a Bat Bat since killing 4 batilisks already drops ~3 Batilisk Wings for you. Other than that, the drop rate feels too insane right now as you can also use them as 3-4 free morsels per night, the Ice Box gets literally filled with Batilisk Wings.

Honestly, it sounds like a welcome change. It gives an advantage of basing near a sinkhole.

Also for me, purple gems were always the biggest obstacle in crafting a bat bat anyways.

• Like 5

Great little update, thanks devs!

I also love the teaser picture, can't wait to see the short video!

So many details hinting towards Wigfrid :D The middle picture above the fireplace to the right resemblances her pretty much, right?

image.png.f67e9825fc371b8229e9c89c96153bda.png

• Like 2

Awesome!!

I really love most of the changes... specially the suspicious marbles being seen on the map... for real pretty nice and it just made sense

Now.... some things I still wanna see implemented:

- Pls Klei.. Geo Placement as Vanilla... pls... I admire my poor console dudes... I salute your courage!!

- Pls add an option to disable twiggy trees spawning in long standing worlds.. they overtake your base even if you have close structures... it's such a pain for people that like to have some little green areas in between the megabase

- For builders: Pls rebalance cobblestones. Building in this game is pretty grindy and I would love if the cobblestone recipe gave more than 1. It feels really expensive, same goes for carpet flooring

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 20

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Foods with side effects should set “oneat_desc” to a descriptive string.

Could you explain this a little more clearly? 

And the stats for custom food items don't show up - do I need to use the default tuning values?

Edit: Figured it out! All the changes need to made in the prefab where the recipe for the food is declared! 

Edited by Scrumch

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

And in classic Klei fashion, we took this opportunity for a small update and went a little overboard.  

I'm certainly not complaining about this Eyes on Apple

I looove the changes to stingers, rockjaws, cooking, quick drop... and lightning not making you shut the fridge anymore? Unsung hero of the update. I do agree that 75% drop rate for bat wings is too high, but I'm chill about it.

Quality of Life indeed! Thanks for the "small + overboard" work. :grin:

• Like 1

I like the updated textures, very visually pleasing to my eyeballs :) 

Could just be good luck- but I seem to be lagging a lot less too now as well.

I havent found any “secret” changes yet, but I wouldn’t put those past Klei so I’ll keep looking.

• Like 1

To everyone complaining about Wigfrid being next instead of Webber. I can think of 2 reasons:

1) BALANCE: Webber requires a lot of changes, where it stands now he sucks, and probably the rework they thought to make him great requires a long time to complete. Webber has a lot of potential for many wacky changes, but as most modders must already know by now all that takes a lot of time. 
On the contrary, balance-wise, Wigfrid is perfect. The devs can probably take it easier on her and add optional stuff to make her even more fun. I'm not saying they won't work hard on her, I'm sure they will, but probably her rework changes are doable in a shorter time frame. 

2) MARKETING: Walter ended up being free, and despite his skins were sold, I doubt that the earnings were as big as selling a whole new character would have been, or a popular character's skins.
Wigfrid is one of the most popular DST character in the world, specially in the Chinese market. Her rework, and the skins that will come with her, may inject a healthy boost of income into Klei to continue the further development of the game. I'm sure Webber skins would sell well too, but Wigfrid is like up the roof in terms of popularity, so nothing compares to her.
And bills need to be payed each month, in real life.

All in all, this is pure speculation so take it as an opinion, but even if these are the reasons, I fully support Klei's decision, and I think that as always they just keep doing a great work.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 2

Excited for the Wigfrid update. She has cool skins and personality but just a boring playstyle that I could never convince myself to play her. Excited to see what they come up with, especially since the previous reworks were slam dunks in making the characters fun and viable.

Bat bat crafting recipe+increased spawn of wings changes are very welcome. Now the Bat bat is worth crafting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stunp the tunp said:

Can someone make a bat farm desing that is efficient? i would like a extra "make with ease meat farm"

Look its a hella good use for houndius shotius if i can tell, in my standart base the cave entrance have just two and works well

In start game u can just put some bunny houses around they have no interest in meat anyway

Edited by MrSoratori
  • Like 1

20200820180818_1.thumb.jpg.2972374d126fe29a8ab3eea83956d9f7.jpg

I'm curious if we might get an option for seeing which dish is which character's favorite. I was testing this out with Wilson, and it tells the standard hunger replenishment, but not Wilson's (+15). Perhaps there should be a tiny addon that says "%'s favorite dish!".

(A cute little bookmark or sticky note might be fun and won't clutter the page that way!)

I don't think there would be any need to change those values for characters that are immune to certain effects though (like, don't change it for Wormwood's lack of ability to gain health, or Wortox's half value, or Webber's monster meat immunity)

Edit: Also, not in the near future, because this would be a pretty major change, but maybe we can get an ingredients section as well, so we can know the hunger, health, sanity values of them.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 2