[Game Update] - 426792

17 hours ago, Cheggf said:

How is 2 living logs and a purple gem literally free? I think you spend too much time on worlds that are on triple or quadruple digit days where everything is in overabundance. Sure, it's not a very expensive recipe, but why's that bad? It has really bad damage in exchange for healing you. Another thing that can heal you which is waaaay closer to literally free would be healing food, which also does it a lot faster than the Bat Bat.

3-4 morsels per night is also a pretty bad rate of getting food. In one night you could kill a Koalefant and get 8 large meats and a trunk, or harvest a bunnyman farm and get dozens of large meats and carrots, or punch a ton of butterflies, or do any of the million other food options. With how overabundant food is in DST I can't see the morsels being too helpful except maybe if you join a public server a few days after it starts so all the berries are gone but not regrown yet, and you're super hungry, or maybe if it's winter and you're ignorant of superior food options.

if the recipe was 3 batwings + 1 living log + purple gem, at least 55 dmg, I would seriously consider it now with the increased drops... for now I think that I'll be reserving my living logs for star callers, decons staves, Thul club. They have much higher priority. Even Dark Swords with higher dmg and more uses (100 instead of 75) are no question much better cuz they simply have an easier recipe...

Edited by FreyaMaluk

17 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I'd highly doubt it. I dont remember where, or who, but it got explained to us, just how difficult it is to make skins. That would take a tremendous amount of work for all the skins, for every animation, and so on

yea i know how hard it is but just like beard skins maby only the clothes can change and use the same animations as the og ones in that way it would be a lot easier that remodeling and animating the whole thing

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

if the recipe was 3 batwings + 1 living log + purple gem, at least 55 dmg, I would seriously consider it now with the increased drops... for now I think that I'll be reserving my living logs for star callers, decons staves, Thul club. They have much higher priority. Even Dark Swords with higher dmg and more uses (100 instead of 75) are no question much better cuz they simply have an easier recipe...

Batbats are not meant to be used like that. Using batbats as a main weapon is wasteful, and should always be avoided.

Batbats are an amazing healing device, that also as a bonus, deals some damage. The way you use it is as a secondary weapon of your dark sword/hambat: need health, switch to batbat, hit a few times until you are comfortable with the HP, then switch back to your main weapon. For some newer players it may require quite some practice to get the hang of switching weapons back and forth, but once they learn that , they will notice that batbats are absurdly good.

That is why they have lower than average damag, low durability, higher than a dark sword cost, and need to remain like this. A single batbat should last a lot of fights, since ideally you should only use it for a few hits per fight, while dealing the true damage with any other decent weapon.

Batbats always were this good, the main reason they were never part of the meta is that they were impossibly expensive to make, as it could take in-game days, or weeks, to make just one. And every time it broke, it felt like a huge loss and personally I didn't feel like going through the whole map for 3-4 days to get 5 batwings again .

Batbats as a secondary weapon to keep the HP up should probably be the new meta, specially in the late game when purple gems become abundant and for the characters with strong sanity perks to recover whatever the batbat consumed (Wormwood, Maxwell, Wigfrid).

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 4

17 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Batbats are not meant to be used like that. Using batbats as a main weapon is wasteful, and should always be avoided.

Batbats are an amazing healing device, that also as a bonus, deals some damage. The way you use it is as a secondary weapon of your dark sword/hambat: need health, switch to batbat, hit a few times until you are comfortable with the HP, then switch back to your main weapon. For some newer players it may require quite some practice to get the hang of switching weapons back and forth, but once they learn that , they will notice that batbats are absurdly good.

That is why they have lower than average damag, low durability, higher than a dark sword cost, and need to remain like this. A single batbat should last a lot of fights, since ideally you should only use it for a few hits per fight, while dealing the true damage with any other decent weapon.

Batbats always were this good, the main reason they were never part of the meta is that they were impossibly expensive to make, as it could take in-game days, or weeks, to make just one. And every time it broke, it felt like a huge loss and personally I didn't feel like going through the whole map for 3-4 days to get 5 batwings again .

Batbats as a secondary weapon to keep the HP up should probably be the new meta, specially in the late game when purple gems become abundant and for the characters with strong sanity perks to recover whatever the batbat consumed (Wormwood, Maxwell, Wigfrid).

ik but even as healing items they aren't really worth it... mostly for high hp bosses but then again... the faster u kill.. the faster u finish

and let's be honest... considering all the items to bring to the caves would you really have a slot there for it?.. I mean if you find it in a chest ofc but not really something you would craft on a regular basis... I prefer to have a stack of jellybeans or healing items and a dark sword any day

• Like 3
  • Shopcat 1

9 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

ik but even as healing items they aren't really worth it... mostly for high hp bosses but then again... the faster u kill.. the faster u finish

and let's be honest... considering all the items to bring to the caves would you really have a slot there for it?.. I mean if you find it in a chest ofc but not really something you would craft on a regular basis... I prefer to have a stack of jellybeans or healing items and a dark sword any day

Well that's completely understandable, its a matter of choice. I think it's fine to just have it as a new reliable alternative healing method. I love bat bats, but the times I could use them before were very rare, and now I can start using them as I always wanted. 

The times I did use it, It really felt like something a lot stronger than jellybeans, as it recovers HP extremely fast. Paired with bee-queen helmets, and a high enough armor (night armor, marble suit, Thul armor, etc) It felt truly OP, and I encourage people to try it out.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Snip

I think those may be good for tanking. To heal with them you dont need to "quit" for those few seconds from fight. To eat pierogi/anything you need extra few second for eating animation, and it may be interrupted by enemy hit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I think those may be good for tanking. To heal with them you dont need to "quit" for those few seconds from fight. To eat pierogi/anything you need extra few second for eating animation, and it may be interrupted by enemy hit.

and yet there are only few instances you actually tank..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I think those may be good for tanking. To heal with them you dont need to "quit" for those few seconds from fight. To eat pierogi/anything you need extra few second for eating animation, and it may be interrupted by enemy hit

I wouldn't use them for straight tanking (although it works) but more like having extra room for failed kiting.

And as you mention, even though your DPS may get lower for a few seconds, you don't have to move away of the battle, you keep dealing damage while you heal which is a huge plus. It doesn't even conflict with the jellybeans, as their effects stack, and the BatBat healing is a lot faster.

So if you reach those "OH MANURE" situations of low HP, you can keep fighting with the batbat, get to a comfortable HP point and then maybe let jellybeans do the rest over time (Or not). You can even gain HP from the annoying terrorbeaks, meaning that even though they will never leave you alone, you are recovering while you deal with them.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

a +500 healing points that doesnt spoil and makes you keep fighting without need of stop to eat isnt that bad

also this is a huge buff to wormwood and a little one to wigfrid because how psinergies with her and that now she can eat batwings more often

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

so... other things I just remember I would love to see:

- Pls allow lazy forager to be refuelable.  Managing inventory when u also need to craft the forager makes that people simply prioritize and don't really make them.

No no no, you're missing the most important part about Lazy Foragers... They're slow! If you press Spacebar, your character targets the closest item to them. The Lazy Forager ALSO chooses the closest item, meaning it will either cancel your character's pickup animation, or will just waste your time. Let's say you just chopped a hundred Trees, it will still take ages to pick up all the drops.

Yeah, the Lazy Forager might be faster than holding Spacebar, but it's slower (or barely on-par) than spam clicking. When you spam-click, you can cancel the pick-up animation, akin to attack canceling, massively increasing the speed at which you pick up items.

Finally we get back to your argument. You can pick up 225 items, slower than you can do yourself manually, for the cost of 1 Orange Gem, 2 Thulecite, and 3 Nightmare Fuel. Or you know... Just do it yourself for free.

Let's Recap, there are 3 main problems with the Lazy Forager:

1. It's slower than doing it yourself.
  2. You can't combine the item with doing it yourself (holding Spacebar) since they target the same items. (Maybe Forager opts for the furthest item, while your character aims for the closest.)
  3. It's so expensive! Refueling it would solve that issue, but not the other 2 problems.

It's important to explain why something is bad. You can't just ask for a change without explaining why it should be done.

20 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Now.... some things I still wanna see implemented:

- Pls Klei.. Geo Placement as Vanilla... pls... I admire my poor console dudes... I salute your courage!!

TOGGLE-ABLE. Please, I don't want to always see that mass of pixels on my screen at all times. Really lowers the bit-rate for some Streamers.

Human error. It gave a nice sense of artistry, it makes builds look less "mechanical." I don't think of DS or DST as a survival game at this point. It's a creative sandbox, for amazing builds. Human error gave a nice human feel to bases, where you can notice the slight imperfections when building. Having Geo-Placement active by default removes that from the game, with incredibly "similar" builds all over the place.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, KCDA said:

No no no, you're missing the most important part about Lazy Foragers... They're slow! If you press Spacebar, your character targets the closest item to them. The Lazy Forager ALSO chooses the closest item, meaning it will either cancel your character's pickup animation, or will just waste your time. Let's say you just chopped a hundred Trees, it will still take ages to pick up all the drops.

Yeah, the Lazy Forager might be faster than holding Spacebar, but it's slower (or barely on-par) than spam clicking. When you spam-click, you can cancel the pick-up animation, akin to attack canceling, massively increasing the speed at which you pick up items.

Finally we get back to your argument. You can pick up 225 items, slower than you can do yourself manually, for the cost of 1 Orange Gem, 2 Thulecite, and 3 Nightmare Fuel. Or you know... Just do it yourself for free.

Let's Recap, there are 3 main problems with the Lazy Forager:

1. It's slower than doing it yourself.
  2. You can't combine the item with doing it yourself (holding Spacebar) since they target the same items. (Maybe Forager opts for the furthest item, while your character aims for the closest.)
  3. It's so expensive! Refueling it would solve that issue, but not the other 2 problems.

It's important to explain why something is bad. You can't just ask for a change without explaining why it should be done.

TOGGLE-ABLE. Please, I don't want to always see that mass of pixels on my screen at all times. Really lowers the bit-rate for some Streamers.

Human error. It gave a nice sense of artistry, it makes builds look less "mechanical." I don't think of DS or DST as a survival game at this point. It's a creative sandbox, for amazing builds. Human error gave a nice human feel to bases, where you can notice the slight imperfections when building. Having Geo-Placement active by default removes that from the game, with incredibly "similar" builds all over the place.

- ?? I think you and I use this item pretty differently

I don't normally use the forager for things I can normally get... it's for things that you cannot reach or things than are dangerous to reach... ergo.. tentacle farm loot, the loot in the ruins with the tiny cave holes, etc

- toggable ofc. I think they can work it out the same way it works with the mod.. you can hold ctrl to disable or press b to open in-game menu to disable as well

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kerpeten31 said:

yea i know how hard it is but just like beard skins maby only the clothes can change and use the same animations as the og ones in that way it would be a lot easier that remodeling and animating the whole thing

yea, that's what they do with all the skins. It would still be a lotttttta work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a +500 healing points that doesnt spoil and makes you keep fighting without need of stop to eat isnt that bad

also this is a huge buff to wormwood and a little one to wigfrid because how psinergies with her and that now she can eat batwings more often

I didn't even think about Wormwood, this is actually a great weapon for him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it works so well since he has a big sanity pool and batbat heals quick

it would work equally well for Wig.. like superfast hp recover + almost unnoticeable sanity effects ... dunno... I still find this item way too niche but since is much more available now I might use it way more consistently ...  might change my mind now that the drops actually encourage it

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

it would work better for Wig.. like superfast hp recover + almost unnoticeable sanity effects ... dunno... I still find this item way too niche but since is much more available now I might use it way more consistently ...  might change my mind now that the drops actually encourage it

Also, the halloween scythe skin that shoots tiny bats looks awesome! :-D

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1