[Game Update] - 426792

I'm way more disappointed than surprised from this QoL.

23 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Rockjaws can now despawn.

rip Rockjaw Zoo.

24 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Reduced the amount of Batilisk Wings required to craft the Bat Bat.
  • Increased the chance of Batilisks dropping a Batilisk Wing.

Amount of required Wings has been reduced from 5 to 3, Wing drop rate has been increased from 15% to a whopping 75%. That will make Bat Bats literally free and the guano biome useless.

26 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Stingers can now be set on fire.

That might be an easy way to gather ashes or to burn the whole Bee Biome within just a few seconds.

Klei managed to disappoint us as good as possible, as usual.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 5
  • Sanity 4
  • Shopcat 3
  • Big Ups 1

You made me scream ut loud. I'm so happy, as always. THANK YOU for more beards! Both for Wilson and Webber! The cookbook is a nice addition. 
BUT MOST OF ALL-THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ITEMS IN THE REWARDS PAGE!!! It will take me a while to get them all but the chance to do so is amazing! Thank you!

• Like 2

Thanks for the update Klei, this is gonna improve the playstyles of a lot of people. Personally.....I got my hopes up. I was really looking forward to a crop farming tweak/rework, because I love to play Warly and I always felt that the farming system could use some love to be more helpful. You put a lot of work into this update and I am certainly grateful for that, but it's my fault for not heeding your previous warnings. Sorry for the rant.

• Like 10
  • Health 1

im really hoping for wigfrid's rework that they don't take anything away from what we already have. i think they should just add to her, not take.

i would like to see wigfrid be able to throw spears, which would do a bit more damage than regular attack. also many forge abilities i would like to see in basegame, like wigfrid's team buff, the ability to multi-thrust her spear (like with spiral spear) and pyre poker.

it would also be cool to see acting abilities, such as playing dead and tricking mobs into deaggroing and letting their guard down, and then wigfrid could surprise attack, dealing twice normal damage

• Like 11

Even a bigger disappointment than a previous QoL update. Only rabbit earmuffs and crockpot'able batilisk wings are worth mentioning for me out of all changes listed.

Also it doesn't matter if bats drop wings 100% of the time or bat bat takes 5, 3 or even 1 wing to craft as long as it has pathetic 75 uses, pathetic 42.5 damage, purple gem and living log to craft while dark sword has 100 uses, 68 damage and only 5 nightmare fuel in addition to 1 living log to craft.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Notes for Modders

• Two new modsettings.lua functions
    • DisableModDisabling() disables the games built in functionality for disabling mods when the game crashes
    • DisableLocalModWarning() disables the warning that happens when enabling a all_clients_require mod that isn’t on the workshop
  • Modinfo now gets passed a locale code, stored in the variable “locale” to support translations inside modinfo
    • A helper function “ChooseTranslationTable(tbl)” will take a table and return tbl[locale] or tbl[1], tbl[1] should be the default locale of your mod.

Hey Team! Someone with a two-language mod here. Can you please give a small code example for how to use "locale" and "ChooseTranslationTable(tbl)" code? (Or maybe add the example to somewhere appropriate and link me, I just wanna know how to use it)

Thanks! Hope someone can StackOverflow this example haha

• Developer
1 minute ago, Cheeto-Jesus said:

Hey Team! Someone with a two-language mod here. Can you please give a small code example for how to use "locale" and "ChooseTranslationTable(tbl)" code? (Or maybe add the example to somewhere appropriate and link me, I just wanna know how to use it)

Thanks! Hope someone can StackOverflow this example haha

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

• Batilisk Wings can now be used in the Crockpot.
  • Holding left shift (key binding: "Force Container (mod)") and right-clicking an item in your inventory will now drop it.
  • The Ancient Guardian now drops a sketch to craft its statue.
  • Rockjaws can now despawn.
  • Reduced the amount of Tentacle Spots required to craft the Tail o' Three Cats.
  • Reduced the amount of Cat Tails required to craft the Cat Cap.
  • Reduced the amount of Batilisk Wings required to craft the Bat Bat.
  • Increased the chance of Batilisks dropping a Batilisk Wing.
  • Stingers can now be set on fire.

These were good additions/re-balances in general. Especially Tail o' and Bat Bat recipe tweaks.

I hope Wigfrid rework won't follow the Captain Canada's (Woodie) path with unnecessary clutter and mechanics fragmentation, but only add minimal and optional elements like with Wendy's case. Some Torso Armor perhaps as Helmet's counterpart, maybe a special armor/upgraded armor version with Thulecite at APS. A battlecry to speed up battle for allies, these would be nice directions. Keep her core intact, is probably the most solid one out of all DS/T characters.

Edit: seems Bat's Wing drop-rate went kinda high atm. Maybe have it lowered a bit on a middle-road value of 50% or even 40%? Seems rather excessive now, coupled with lowered cost of Bat Bat.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Changed the screen flash effect for lightning and gunpowder.
  • Screen flashes (lightning and gunpowder) will no longer close any containers you have open.
  • Added the option “Screen Flashes” to allow players to further reduce the intensity of screen flashes.

Thank you Klei for double dipping!!!

However... There is still some work to be done in this regard.

Most importantly, this needs to be ported to DS as well. It's a little cruel to think that DST finally got this amazing accessibility change, only for DS to be left in the dust, effectively unplayable by those individuals...

Secondly, there should be a prompt warning people about flashing lights when they first log in post update.

Thank you again Klei for going the extra mile, I just wish you'd go a couple more yards.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1