[Game Update] - 426792

6 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

You can collect over 200 stingers in a single day by just visiting a killer bee biome as Wendy. :wilson_curious:

It adds up really quickly.

i haven't come across a killer bee biome in pubs ever and i turned them off a long time ago in my games but yeah, i do get that. fair x''D still should leave hounds teeth lone since they are barely staying off of the 'this has to go' list x''D

honestly i keep knocking around an idea for a stinger-based crown, maybe 25 stingers and a rope(or 6 grass) for a crown that does 10 contact damage to any mob that touches you as a low-cost early-game item. something you can learn at science machine-tier or possibly at start

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

i haven't come across a killer bee biome in pubs ever and i turned them off a long time ago in my games but yeah, i do get that. fair x''D

You shouldn't turn them off. A Wendy in a Killer bee biome can easily get honey throughout the winter and now can burn all the additional stingers.

It just take a lot of convincing to other players to PLEASE NOT DESTROY THE KILLER BEE HIVES. Like let's be real here, the real hives you should be destroying are the normal ones. :wilson_sneaky:

Edited by watermelen671
clarification
  • Sanity 2

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

snip

i play wes almost exclusively, and the two times i played wormwood i just spent my time sailing(until my boat sank because i am a noob) so killer bees are useless to me. i get enough honey in the spring(my starting season in solos and usually available in pubs all year 'round) that i don't need more

19 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i play wes almost exclusively, and the two times i played wormwood i just spent my time sailing(until my boat sank because i am a noob) so killer bees are useless to me. i get enough honey in the spring(my starting season in solos and usually available in pubs all year 'round) that i don't need more

having honey in the firts winter helps a lot. Honey hams are a good fount of food, healing and warm your character a little

• Like 1

Quick question- what if you play with Random starting season and random season Lengths toggled on, How do you know what’s your “1st Winter” and what’s your Hundredth? 

Ahem anyways, certain gameplay features that you guys find no use for are actually in the game for OTHER Characters that you probably don’t even play as.

Willow uses hounds teeth often in crafting sewing kits, which she needs to repair her destroyed Bernie dolls with.

And Wendy needs Stingers for Ectoherbology, Not to mention that if you have a friend who dies often- They're also used for creating booster shots to revive their full health core.

I suppose that if you play alone you can toggle less or even turn off the things that don’t directly impact your character choice, but if your playing multiplayer please consider that other peoples playstyles might require those resources.

This is a Trend that has existed amongst EVERY SINGLE REWORKED Character.. and it’s a trend that I fully expect to carry through the rest of Klei’s Reworks.

Take Wendy’s Rework as an example- She now actually needs flower petals to power her Sisturn, so can you maybe not like pick them all and make head garlands? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Quick question- what if you play with Random starting season and random season Lengths toggled on, How do you know what’s your “1st Winter” and what’s your Hundredth? 

when the atmosphere effects of winter starts, the music changes and falls snow from the sky, thermal measurer, etc?

i said that tip because in a default world isnt worth to make bee boxes in autum when in winter they will not produce honey but you can get honey for an entire winter with a bee biome

i dont see the point of the question when the game tells you clearly when you start and finish a season

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Take Wendy’s Rework as an example- She now actually needs flower petals to power her Sisturn, so can you maybe not like pick them all and make head garlands? Thanks

destroying butterflies spawners should be a mortal sin

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Take Wendy’s Rework as an example- She now actually needs flower petals to power her Sisturn, so can you maybe not like pick them all and make head garlands? Thanks.

me and the wilson i spawned next to need those garlands. we've spiders to trap and carrots to pick and it just started to rain!

39 minutes ago, gaymime said:

me and the wilson i spawned next to need those garlands. we've spiders to trap and carrots to pick and it just started to rain!

But that’s kinda of why Wes needs a Rework, the Downsides are directly impacting another player who did not also choose to play as that character, and therefore did not wish to also endure the added challenge as if They had selected to play that character Themselves.

A Good Wendy Player would be supplying you with Top Hats to keep your Sanity up obtained by taking Abigail to wreck Spiders and then craft you a nice #MadMoxxiHat.

Which leaves the flowers you’ve been picking to exclusively go inside Sisturn- To speed Abigails flower bloom time and to also provide free sanity to anyone standing near it.

But a Noob Wendy Player isn’t going to know how to build a Sisturn or a Top Hat.. But could still probably have Abigail wreck spiders so you yourself can go behind her and gather the silk to build your own.

Wendy is an all around great rework, she’s decent enough on her own... but her downsides do not directly impact those around her, and she has lots of helpful perks to assist other players instead of being a burden on them.

You have to look at things through the eyes of a newbie player man, if they struggle to learn the game as it is- they don’t need your additional downsides impacting them.

And I’m willing to beat quite a good deal that this is WHY Wendy and Wigfrid have always been the top most popular characters, they are super helpful to others, and their downsides never directly impacted the other players.

But then again what do I know? I’m just assuming that as long as Wes continues to not be Beneficial at all to other players with his perks- That people will still just kick you out of the session because you could’ve picked someone who could actually be helpful.

If this is the wrong mindset to have, then I’m sorry.. and I truly mean nothing personal by it- But in my opinion Wes and Wilson are the ones most in need of a Rework.

And as Much as a beg & plead for Walani- If she was added tommorow she would still be more useful then Wes and Wilson combined because she could help Wurt gather all her kelps and stuff super early game.. (after that though even Walani would fall out of having any usefulness)

Bet you’d have never thought you’d see me saying that- but It is what it is. :( 

• Shopcat 1

38 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If this is the wrong mindset to have, then I’m sorry.. and I truly mean nothing personal by it

dude, i have single-handedly fed dozens of players and i make care packages for newbies as soon as i am established(about the middle to end of winter) >_> your mindset is pretty rubbish, toxic, self-serving and incredibly blind to player agency. most wendys i meet are soloists/newbies and don't do any of what you suggested and i would put cash money down that you don't either. if i am the only one planting flowers then i am the only one whose opinion matters when it comes to making garlands and as far as i say it to be if i plant 20 butterflies 12 of them are making me a pretty hat.

203654333_troublecauser.png.7ebea642f078704871eb49f45fb14697.png

Edited by gaymime
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lol.. okay well while I’m sitting on my inventory full of silk for top hats for days and a literal shrine of Sisturns built all over the map, we can just Agree to disagree okay? I’m not in the mood to argue..

I’ll just state that the obvious- That even a completely Noob & Idle Wendy standing in your Flower Garden with Abigail on constant Riled Up Mode will Supply Wes with Plenty of Infinite Butterfly Wings to fill his Hunger and Health Points back up.

I wouldn’t Necessarily call that a Challenge Character- Wormwood and Warly However can’t just pop Butterfly Wings Directly over into their mouths. ;) 

If Klei wants to make Wes more of a challenge then make him like Wormwood & Warly, Maybe make him not know how to live off Butterfly Wings... I don’t know, but Make it so that the Spears Wigfrid crafts for him actually ends up being Useful, instead of just negating his Downside.

To summarize- A Wigfrid Spear In the hands of Wormwood does more damage and lasts longer then it would in the hands of Wes- And That right there is exactly why Wes needs a rework.

8E8946B5-6726-4629-ABC5-7ED7341582EE.thumb.jpeg.7bdff77cb0c398114e6069def1af67c0.jpeg

• Shopcat 2

On 8/24/2020 at 3:17 PM, Mike23Ua said:

snip

eating butterfly wings when there isn't a wortox in the server who needs souls is wasteful. eat seeds(cooked if you can), berries, birchnuts and carrots. if you can eat anything else then eat something else. you are wasing way more flowers by eating butterflies than you ever could with a garland(which has passive sanity btw)

also my wes never fights _ever_ i don't need a spear to play well. he can't be all that bad if i can manage +400 day games without attacking anything and keep my fridge stocked on top of all that >__>

Edited by gaymime
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 11:54 PM, gaymime said:

eating butterfly wings when there isn't a wortox in the server who needs souls is wasteful. eat seeds(cooked if you can), berries, birchnuts and carrots. if you can eat anything else then eat something else. you are wasing way more flowers by eating butterflies than you ever could with a garland(which has passive sanity btw)

That part made absolutely no sense to me, elaborate please. So eating butterfly wings is only okay if there is a Wortox in the server who needs souls? Why? What else but a potential of buttermuffin and a glossomer's saddle are you wasting when you're eating a butterfly wing? It's not like butterflies are a finite source- they come out of flowers infinitely during the daytime proportion of the day. I don't see a single reason why any character other than Wigfrid, Warly and Wormwood shouldn't kill the butterflies they encounter and eat them to get some hunger and treat their minor injuries. If anything, it spares the whole camp more valuable resources they could use to heal their minor injury like farm roducts, heling food ingredients like fruits, veggies, meats, honey and eggs, spider glands, papyrus or tent uses.

Once dead, the butterfly is lifeless and only its wing remain, I don't know what else would you be planning for the said wings that would deem eating them not worth it. The wings themselves don't produce souls, there are a lot more alternative fillers for crock pot and you'd only make glossomer's saddle if you're specifically going for it. What do you mean by "wasting way more flowers than garland"? If you are saying "Dont kill them, catch them with a net and plant them", then what's the limit to it unless you're specifically going for the fanmade "10 000 flowers planted" achievement. When you want to dedicate yourself to make a garden of 20-30 flowers just grab a bunch of bug nets and do it, again its not like only certain amound of butterflies will spawn globally every single day. I still don't see how such an efficient thing would be seen as a waste of resources in any way, please guide me through your logic.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

That part made absolutely no sense to me, elaborate please. So eating butterfly wings is only okay if there is a Wortox in the server who needs souls? Why? What else but a potential of buttermuffin and a glossomer's saddle are you wasting when you're eating a butterfly wing? It's not like butterflies are a finite source- they come out of flowers infinitely during the daytime proportion of the day. I don't see a single reason why any character other than Wigfrid, Warly and Wormwood shouldn't kill the butterflies they encounter and eat them to get some hunger and treat their minor injuries. If anything, it spares the whole camp more valuable resources they could use to heal their minor injury like farm roducts, heling food ingredients like fruits, veggies, meats, honey and eggs, spider glands, papyrus or tent uses.

Once dead, the butterfly is lifeless and only its wing remain, I don't know what else would you be planning for the said wings that would deem eating them not worth it. The wings themselves don't produce souls, there are a lot more alternative fillers for crock pot and you'd only make glossomer's saddle if you're specifically going for it. What do you mean by "wasting way more flowers than garland"? If you are saying "Dont kill them, catch them with a net and plant them", then what's the limit to it unless you're specifically going for the fanmade "10 000 flowers planted" achievement. When you want to dedicate yourself to make a garden of 20-30 flowers just grab a bunch of bug nets and do it, again its not like only certain amound of butterflies will spawn globally every single day. I still don't see how such an efficient thing would be seen as a waste of resources in any way, please guide me through your logic.

if you are eating wings it is usually because you killed a butterfly. when someone other than wortox(who can eat butterfly souls) does the killing there is a waste there. instead of catching the butterfly and planting a flower(which can be used to make more butterflies and to feed bees so they produce honey) you are removing that opportunity for a static +5 sanity and +8 health. unless you are only killing that butterfly when both your health and your sanity is lower than 5 and 8 under max there will be even more waste. picking flowers might only net you the +5 sanity but that is still +60 sanity for the twelve it takes to make a garland as well as the passive +64 sanity(when accounting for the reduced sanity lost at night) you get from wearing the garland(easily done since as long as you only pick petals as you need them you can take several days to make the garland, even stale flowers make a fully refreshed one)

tl;dr

flowers spawn butterflies and increases honey production

if anyone other than wortox kills a butterfly the max benefit of a butterfly being killed is not achievable

+124 sanity for a garland is better overall than +60 hunger and +96 health for butterfly wings in early game, games without many/any spiders and nomadic playstyles since more unrefined/minimally refined things give health than sanity

Edited by gaymime
used the incorrect word
  • Wavey 1

15 minutes ago, gaymime said:

if you are eating wings it is usually because you killed a butterfly. when someone other than wortox(who can eat butterfly souls) does the killing there is a waste there. instead of catching the butterfly and planting a flower(which can be used to make more butterflies and to feed bees so they produce honey) you are removing that opportunity for a static +5 sanity and +8 health. unless you are only killing that butterfly when both your health and your sanity is lower than 5 and 8 under max there will be even more waste. picking flowers might only net you the +5 sanity but that is still +60 sanity for the twelve it takes to make a garland as well as the passive +64 sanity(when accounting for the reduced sanity lost at night) you get from wearing the garland(easily done since as long as you only pick petals as you need them you can take several days to make the garland, even stale flowers make a fully refreshed one)

tl;dr

flowers spawn butterflies and increases honey production

if anyone other than wortox kills a butterfly the max benefit of a butterfly being killed is not achievable

+124 sanity for a garland is better overall than +60 sanity and +96 health for butterfly wings in early game, games without many/any spiders and nomadic playstyles since more unrefined/minimally refined things give health than sanity

wings are decent healer but also a decent food.

the core game doesn't play around wortox, it's the opposite.

there's tons of easy soul farms. He can go slay some spiders and even get monster meat back for everyone.

butterfly wings don't give sanity. Unless you meant moon moths? Either way, since when is sanity an issue?

flowers are super automatically renewable, and butterflies pour out every day. who cares?

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Well-met said:

wings are decent healer but also a decent food.

the core game doesn't play around wortox, it's the opposite.

there's tons of easy soul farms. He can go slay some spiders and even get monster meat back for everyone.

butterfly wings don't give sanity. Unless you meant moon moths? Either way, since when is sanity an issue?

flowers are super automatically renewable, and butterflies pour out every day. who cares?

seeds and berries are a decent food too in that range and are way more abundant

just because it doesn't play around wortox does not mean that what i said is not true. you miss out on a resource when non-wortox players kill a butterfly

and there are tons of easy food farms too, go eat something else. your statement is valueless because it applies to both of our stances equally while not actually addressing the points being made

i meant +60 hunger, not sanity. my bad, i will fix that mistake. as for sanity it is a problem for beginner players and mid-range players in new worlds and for most players in pubs that have been around for a long time(where resources are scarce) and probably for maxwell players too since he kind of goes through sanity at an excessive rate if using his book

that is hyperbole, also if flowers are so easily renewable then why fuss about garlands? by that measure there is no harm in picking flowers which means there is no reason to argue about whether flowers or butterflies are more useful to use up

4 hours ago, gaymime said:

you miss out

the thing is that you dont miss anything

if you are walking arround flower a butterfly will spawn (i think more if there is more players loading the same flowers) so if you dont plan to catch them, thing that you will do in few ocassions, so if you dont kill them you are ignoring a found of health and food

kill them or not the result is the same, will be more flowers and butterflies

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, firebug327 said:

If Wigfrig is the new update could you make her a crock pot dish based with mushrooms and lets her go beserk.  Another idea is to give her a battlecry aura that boosts other players stats while fighting near her. Please don't nerf her.

The character refreshes aren't focused on nerfing the cast, but instead making them stand out from one another and providing some fun additions. I don't believe any characters have been nerfed so far. 

On 8/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Hey, I need 12 of those early game before I have shadow-fighting and cactus-picking equipment because I don't know when I'll find my next greencaps. Low sanity boys don't want to get chased by shadows in torchlight while bordering the map!

• Sanity 1

31 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Well it's still just 17:00 GMT, wait for Klei's evening they are based in Quebec or Alberta or somewhere around there.

Nah... I’m just going to take an educated guess here, I could totally end up wrong, but it is SEPTEMBER which means.. that the month that follows is October- Otherwise Known as Hallowed Nights month.

I predict that the Wigfrid update will also be the start of Hallowed Nights 2020.. Because that gives players the entire month of October to actually enjoy the event.

So I think the update isn’t coming today, but could happen next week + Start Hallowed Nights! :) 

• Sanity 1