[Game Update] - 426792

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Even Dark Swords with higher dmg and more uses (100 instead of 75) are no question much better cuz they simply have an easier recipe...

I agree, as I still find myself using Ham Bats and Dark Swords after the rework; the damage just isn't enough to be meaningful in a fight (takes 3 hits to kill a spider and 4 for a hound with only 75 hits total, yikes). However I noticed that this is a pretty good tanking weapon for an off-hand. I fought 2nd phase Klaus with 2 marble suits and a Ham Bat, but when my health was getting pretty low I would swap the Ham Bat for my Bat Bat to bring my health up, and then swap back to my ham bat for the actual damage; certainly helps with not wasting time trying to heal while also dealing damage as well.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PeterA said:

They are dropping as well I believe.

Thank you! I spent the points anyway, but wish Klei would add Gold tools cause end-game nobody really uses the cheap tools. I also wish theres more usage for flint and round tooth, I have been finding myself just throwing those away to eye plants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2020 at 8:16 PM, Cheggf said:

I believe you could feed them to a lureplant who would then digest them.

Yeah probably. I was never a fan of lureplant utility though. Too easy for them to get killed by accident.

Edited by Eusong

hello, im new here. i'm trying to claim the wilson & webber beards 2 chests reward but couldnt find them anywhere. I've tried logging into my klei account, steam, and also into my dst game but didn't get the beard rewards. is there anything i'm missing?

On 8/21/2020 at 1:34 AM, ScottHansen said:
  • Increased the item server inventory limit to 10,000 curios.

Oh, how could I miss that before anyway? This is yet another awesome change!

Now I don't need to explain what happened to someone who says "My skins are disappeared!!"

Thank you again, it's a good day to us hoarders! :wilson_sneaky:

Spoiler

wait... will there be someone who collect more than 10,000 curios...?

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Haha 2

reactions below, spoilered for length

Spoiler

On 8/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, ScottHansen said:

Added the Cookbook item for survivors to record and review their culinary adventures.

wait w-

Add the option Backpack Layout to allow keyboard/mouse players to use the backpack layout that is integrated into the inventory bar.

youo whAat

Holding left shift (key binding: "Force Container (mod)") and right-clicking an item in your inventory will now drop it.

you didn't

• Mods can now be favorited and will show up at the top of the mods list.
  • Mods can now be searched and filtered in the mod screen.

hallelujah.thumb.png.6c083d7f0c11a3aa3f2c013446554589.png

• Improved the resolution of the ground textures.
  • Improved resolution on various items.
  • Improved resolution on walls.

1287317474_glassesmeme.thumb.png.2f87e2c7afe0c5d7da4eaf1fecc37268.png

Stingers can now be set on fire.

1803869514_burnbabyburtn.thumb.png.b90e082d88be218cd9aec2c786376bac.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist60 said:

Hello I cant continue my current playthrough with this update because it broke lot of mods :(

Is there a way to revert the game to the previous version ?

Things u can do to help modders resolve issues instead of the official forums:

1. I would recommend u to make hard backups from your save files when a big update is coming.

2. Test your mods individually to check which one is causing the conflict. 

3. Report the problems to the modder page directly on steam or respective platform. Modders are ultimately responsible to update their content but people helping identify the issue always helps. 

4. Add your log or any visual help to adddress the issue if you can. 

5. Be patient. Modders have irl things that take priority. Give them a couple of days to catch up. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, meredith79 said:

hello, im new here. i'm trying to claim the wilson & webber beards 2 chests reward but couldnt find them anywhere. I've tried logging into my klei account, steam, and also into my dst game but didn't get the beard rewards. is there anything i'm missing?

Is your game still in the beta version? I had to opt out of beta because it didn't update out of it before I finally got the two chest drops.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, Captain_Rage said:

The item in the game will still be called 'Bernie'. The developers explained it is by design, to keep things consistent and easily identifiable.

Oh yeah, it makes sense when you think of it from that perspective. 

I don't think they meant for stingers to be used a fuel. They just heard from people complaining about stingers being left everywhere (lag) and with limited uses. People trying to delete them with lureplants. I think they just need to add it to a few more commonly used recipes. Now it's only booster shots and boat repair kit. I would say maybe switch with the sewing kit's hounds tooth with the stingers or give us another version of the hounds tooth but with stingers. Switch one of the items from healing salve/honey poultice? Maybe even make it a crockpot food item (stinging nettle soup? bring over nettles from hamlet or let us use kelp as a replacement).

One thing is good, if you burn them then you get ashes for healing salves. Save you from having to burn rot or twigs.

31 minutes ago, Ispin69 said:

I don't think they meant for stingers to be used a fuel. They just heard from people complaining about stingers being left everywhere (lag) and with limited uses. People trying to delete them with lureplants. I think they just need to add it to a few more commonly used recipes. Now it's only booster shots and boat repair kit. I would say maybe switch with the sewing kit's hounds tooth with the stingers or give us another version of the hounds tooth but with stingers. Switch one of the items from healing salve/honey poultice? Maybe even make it a crockpot food item (stinging nettle soup? bring over nettles from hamlet or let us use kelp as a replacement).

One thing is good, if you burn them then you get ashes for healing salves. Save you from having to burn rot or twigs.

Yeah, but not being able to use them in a firepit of flingo even though they're burnable is a bit weird. No?

Also, what's an afuel? 

3 hours ago, Ispin69 said:

the thing is hounds teeth are super abundant as well, in two in-game years i have a collected and stored over 300 not counting however many i've used for tooth traps. if you trade out teeth and stingers then you are just making teeth the new trash-king item

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gaymime said:

the thing is hounds teeth are super abundant as well, in two in-game years i have a collected and stored over 300 not counting however many i've used for tooth traps. if you trade out teeth and stingers then you are just making teeth the new trash-king item

You can collect over 200 stingers in a single day by just visiting a killer bee biome as Wendy. :wilson_curious:

It adds up really quickly.

• Like 2