Recommended Posts

ArubaroBeefalo    4746
1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:
1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Reduced the amount of Batilisk Wings required to craft the Bat Bat.
  • Increased the chance of Batilisks dropping a Batilisk Wing.

Amount of required Wings has been reduced from 5 to 3, Wing drop rate has been increased from 15% to a whopping 75%. That will make Bat Bats literally free and the guano biome useless.

wow that has no sense. 10% was fine

1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

Even a bigger disappointment than a previous QoL update. Only rabbit earmuffs and crockpot'able batilisk wings are worth mentioning for me out of all changes listed.

Also it doesn't matter if bats drop wings 100% of the time or bat bat takes 5, 3 or even 1 wing to craft as long as it has pathetic 75 uses, pathetic 42.5 damage, purple gem and living log to craft while dark sword has 100 uses, 68 damage and only 5 nightmare fuel in addition to 1 living log to craft.

you can use living logs in both to have a 510 healing source and a dark sword

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0-VERSUS-1y    6149
Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wow that has no sense

Frankly it baffles my mind you are a hard proponent of "harder DST" while not seeing how 75% Wing drop rate coupled with 3 Wing recipe tweak for Bat Bat makes said weapon quite a cheap one, going on the other side of difficulty spectrum for obtaining such weapon: now is quite easy to amass Bat Bats for easy life-steal during battles. And point of Guano biome was to have a specific biome to go for amassing Bat WIngs for this particular (rather good) weapon. Oh that balance...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    4746
1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Frankly it baffles my mind you are a hard proponent of "harder DST" while not seeing how 75% Wing drop rate coupled with 3 Wing recipe tweak for Bat Bat makes said weapon quite a cheap one, going on the other side of difficulty spectrum for obtaining such weapon: now is quite easy to amass Bat Bats for easy life-steal during battles. And point of Guano biome was to have a specific biome to go for amassing Bat WIngs for this particular (rather good) weapon. Oh that balance...

harder? i like the change to 3 (like was in the past if im not wrong) or give him more uses but this is not asking for the game being harder is asking for the game stays at a certain difficulty. Now bats will be free food and batbats a annoying thing in chests more than was before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Canis said:

I guess it'll mostly be "touch-ups" like Wendy.

mark my words as it is a rework that complety changes the way you play as wigfrid 

this can either age VERY poorly or age like fine wine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0-VERSUS-1y    6149
35 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

harder? i like the change to 3 (like was in the past if im not wrong) or give him more uses but this is not asking for the game being harder is asking for the game stays at a certain difficulty. Now bats will be free food and batbats a annoying thing in chests more than was before

Ah, my mistake then. I think that was Viktor's point as well: Bat Bat now being easy to produce.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    3846
7 minutes ago, Canis said:

I am shocked that Wigfrid is (assumably) next when a majority of the people on the forums have been crying for webber - plus the fact that unlike Wigfrid, his playstyle becomes VERY stale after a bit of time. I actually thought that Wigfridi had one of the lowest priorities in regards to a rework as her playstyle is pretty well-rounded and matches the post-rework characters in terms of power. I guess it'll mostly be "touch-ups" like Wendy.

Still, Klei, how could you do us Webber mains dirty like this?

Webber will very likely be next after Wig. What does it matter?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheeto-Jesus    55

Now if players don't mind the sanity drain, houndwaves with Wolfgang could be easy health regen with Batbat. 2-shot hounds (with 2x damage) and 12.8hp per hound isn't too bad of a deal, especially since darksword only performs better in 1-shotting special hounds over batbat on double damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    13042
3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Webber will very likely be next after Wig. What does it matter?

It wouldnt matter that much when theres usually a 2+ month gap in between updates. 2 months is a considerable amount of time.

Spoiler

Plus, Im turning 18 in january and I really want to enjoy a Webber that's actually fun before all of my free time is hogged up by scary adult things.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaZoul    1556
2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Plus, Im turning 18 in january and I really want to enjoy a Webber that's actually fun before all of my free time is hogged up by scary adult things.

Im pretty positive that Webber will be reworked by then. I mean, Webber is likely next, and what can come before him? September is Wigfrid, October is RoT, probably, November maybe QoL, and December can be another RoT, but the point is, there is plenty of time for Webber to be reworked before your birthday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maslak    4364
11 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Honestly, my favorite thing about this change is the fact that batalisk wings are probably going to become a neat food source now. The drop rate raise is so big that you will easily have excess wings. Before, I never liked cooking them since it was usually a waste compared to the batbat (which honestly, I never use...). Now, I don’t feel bad cooking them for the 18.75 hunger and 8 HP per wing, which I always found was too much effort for the reward until now,

It basically turns batalisks into dusk/night-cave butterflies, especially if you do live nearby the guano biome. I honestly like the change for that, and it will add another option to cave food sources.

 

I often found myself roasting batilisk's wings too! Nice filling and health, it's like chicken wings (yum) but DS style.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    7694

This QoL directly nerfs burning bee hives for stingers.. which I’ve done before. 

But I do absolutely love Mad Moxxi Top Hat is now redeemable on the Rewards tab. <3 

 

Edited by Mike23Ua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
--- -.-    3724

improved resolution is always great finally the ground textures for stuff like carpet turf dont like like low quality blurry manure and quick drop is great to have finally. it's sad though that the screen flash effect was reduced so much and there's no option to take it back to how it looked before (why?) it barely does anything now just makes the screen barely any darker lightning and gunpowder even feel more pathetic than they already did..

Edited by --- -.-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinegrove    1164
1 hour ago, gaymime said:

also am i the only one who feels something is kind of off about the screencap?

I agree, but have you considered that this scene might be happening in her imagination? It's quite odd that the picture is mostly monochromatic, except for the orange in the end of the hallway. Or I might be looking too much into things and she just owns a very fancy house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaymime    3549
Just now, Pinegrove said:

I agree, but have you considered that this scene might be happening in her imagination? It's quite odd that the picture is mostly monochromatic, except for the orange in the end of the hallway. Or I might be looking too much into things and she just owns a very fancy house. 

no more or less than i am XD

perhaps but this desat + mono combination was also used for willow's story and just denoted a difference in places of interest and liminal space

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now