Any unknown mechanic to share?

20 hours ago, Just-guy said:

-Wigfrid's Battle Songs don't count as talking or playing an intrument for the crops

Would be cool if they did, even if it would be super impractical and not really useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

lucy chops much faster lol

"when i tested" glass axe really did chop faster (used both with woodie) 

maybe something changed since then or i miscounted

when you are using pan flute

the amount of you use on the same boss effects how long the boss sleeps

what i mean is like 

lets say you used pan flute on toadstool and it made him sleep for 10 secs (i actually dont know how long it is this is just an example)

and if you keep using the flute like idk 6-7 times the time he sleeps decreases 

like if you are using it for 10. time its going to make him sleep for 2 secs instead of 10

i tought it was about health of the bosses before but in a fight when i barely used pan flute and got almost all the health of the toad i used it and it slept for a long time 

Edited by HellHeater

Yada yada yada more mechanics I've found, but haven't found in this thread:

1. Moongleams are perfect for clearing out Tentacle Pits

Got any unwanted tentacle pits in your Wickerbottom game? Or have you still not cleared your Reed-Trap? If so, just weaponize Moongleams! They deal electric AOE-damage to all mobs, even underground Tentacles, buried Worms and Nightmare Creatures! Equip your Eyebrella, open your bundled Wrap of 10 Moongleams and position yourself inside the moongleams. According to my experiments, they seem to follow the first entity they "see". If it's you, you'll achieve full control over their movement and can even group them together in tight deadly clouds. If they get close to you they spread apart, if they are distanced from you, they move towards your position via the shortest path.
Knowing this, you can just run in circles around your Tentacle Pit and you'll keep the cloud in place,
Advantages are: AOE-Damage, Spores last long enough to kill all the Tentacles, Spores can't be attacked, Tentacles can't dodge the electrocution and, speaking of which: the Sparks might even deal electric damage, proving extra efficient against the ever-wet slimy Tentacles. 10 Spores should easily suffice for your average sized Pit, 20 should work for a Reed-Trap.

1550532894_Screenshot(789).png.287dab428ef34e53a6c4e34b02472b27.png

2. Moongleams charge Volt Goats

If you want to farm Diary for your Milkmade hats, go ahead and electrocute those Goats with some Moongleams. Using the Moongleam-controlling method mentioned above, it's a piece of cake to charge 12 Goats with a single Moongleam (especially when they're sleeping). Additionally, Charged Volt Goats are hateful creatures, attacking anything coming close, even Greater Gestalts or Treeguards. Since you can keep your distance and don't have to hit them to charge them now, feel free to let the Treeguard fight for your precious Milk. Sadly, Moongleams don't overcharge WX, but still I love those things

1424662474_Screenshot(816).png.cb48b5ce097c7ff3e7985e8882a2609d.png

3. Wagstaff's Quest is a piece of cake with Lureplants

So Lureplants don't attack Wagstaff, don't eat up Wagstaff's tools, but easily nom up any bird audacious enough to come close. 
Just locate Wagstaff, plant a meaty bulb next to him, quickly sprint away for the whole thing to unload and then come back three days later. No bird can come close to Wagstaff now at all. Only chance for them to come close is Eyeplant-Blocking flooring or unfortunate Moongleam-Paths. Otherwise you're pretty safe. Just whack up your paths toward the tools (or, if you're wormwood, just stand inside and enjoy the mutant birds getting chomped). If you're playing Wormwood, it's especially great to stockpile Wagstaff-Tools with Bundling Wraps, to easily farming restrained statics during your playing session (remember, after unwrapping, his tools will remain until you leave the game or the server restarts). 

1948908837_Screenshot(832).png.7b4701ba4951835469a582a5d1d779f1.png

4. Big Meteor strikes destroy almost anything

Not just rocks like earthquakes. Food, Bundling Wraps, Weapons, Armor the Meteor doesn't care. It all gets reduced to atoms. Only exceptions are irreplaceable objects (Ancient Key, Eyebone, Altar Pieces, etc.), Backpacks and some special items (surprisingly the Celestial Crown and Celestial Crown shard are absolutely indestructible by Meteors, while the Bone Helmet/Armor/Thurible don't stand a chance at all.

So:
1. Never leave any important Items in your Meteorite Biomes
2. If you wanna get rid of your 2000 Hounds Teeth and are too lazy to use a Lureplant, just dump em in the Meteorite Desert and nature'll take care of your litter.
296784419_Screenshot(765).thumb.png.ccb261191cd35daeb79fcce90751f26b.png

Also, you can heal the Static during Wagstaff's Event using Healing Items lmao
Cheerio!

• Like 27

13 hours ago, Spino43 said:

so you are telling me meteor can destroy the most durable things like thulecite suits or bone armor and yet it can't destroy a backpack made from 4 grass and 4 twigs? Nice.

it used to be able to destroy Krampus sacks, I think that made some people mad :D 

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

29 minutes ago, Nin Ya said:

If you put your backpack on ground, you can put multiple bonded Bells in it. Its fun.

Hide contents

1495234625_Snmekobrazovky(104).thumb.png.efbdd3c8742347c68ee53798f95189c7.png

You and what army?

puts 14 bells into krampus sack

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Puffins are the only birds that float when dropped in the ocean, others birds will die once dropped in the water will instantly die.

Because stunned birds count as items, they won't show their death animation and drop their loot, instead they will just sink like other heavy items do; Moleworms also sink.

In addition, if a Frog for some reason falls in the ocean it will spawn on land like followers do.

• Like 4

On 5/10/2021 at 10:32 AM, Friendly Grass said:

Regular bees actually have a 50% higher dps than killer bees. That’s because killer bees try to “kite” the target and attack every 3 seconds instead of every 2.

So regular bees have a dps of 5 while killer just have a dps of 3.33.

Also, bee mines release regular bees that are aggressive to the target, not killer bees! So 1 bee mine is equivalent dps to 6 killer bees.

I’m really very sorry. I got these values from the DS wiki when I wasn’t aware of DS bees being completely different. After further testing this is not true for DST. All bees have the same attack period.

To make up for it here’s another unknown mechanic. You know how you can also use watering cans on fires and withering plants? And how using your watering instantly cools nearby thermal stones on the ground 5 degrees with no cap?

Well, when you use a watering can on a withered plant or fire, you can keep holding down right click to keep watering, and potentially keep cooling your thermal. Even to its minimum temperature of -20 degrees, and even a polar light or icebox can only cool to ~0 degrees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Maybe not necesserly a mechanic, but you can stunlock celestial champion in it's second phase.

I suspect it requires a specific frequency of attacks, which you can get with holding f on a beefalo, also it doesn't work 100% time, I guess you need to have a specific ammount of lag, to have your desired attack speed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maxwell's insanity/lunacy visual and sound effects have lesser intensity (if not fully insane/enlightened) than other survivors. Both survivors on this screenshot have 85% Enlightenment.

Also, his beardling, beardlord and mind control thresholds are at 30% sanity instead of 40%.

1421213892_DontStarveTogetherScreenshot2021_06.05-15_17_33_07.thumb.png.9d8b1cbd8050fc7a00720e90916ef805.png

Edited by Tykvesh
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 2

16 hours ago, Tykvesh said:

Maxwell's insanity/lunacy visual and sound effects have lesser intensity (if not fully insane/enlightened) than other survivors. Both survivors on this screenshot have 85% Enlightenment.

Also, his beardling, beardlord and mind control thresholds are at 30% sanity instead of 40%.

1421213892_DontStarveTogetherScreenshot2021_06.05-15_17_33_07.thumb.png.9d8b1cbd8050fc7a00720e90916ef805.png

To add onto this, gestalt attack and insanity visual effects are based on % of current max sanity, not % of 200. Not sure if this has been shared, but I thought I’d share anyways.

3 hours ago, Articestone said:

Not sure if it have been mentioned but the midsummer light that can be traded with corvus godfather can be place and hammered over and over again to get the midsummer light design u want 

now we really need a better hammer

• Haha 2

On 5/27/2021 at 7:19 AM, Tim S. said:

Backpacks and some special items (surprisingly the Celestial Crown and Celestial Crown shard are absolutely indestructible by Meteors, while the Bone Helmet/Armor/Thurible don't stand a chance at all.

This is because containers cannot be deleted by meteors/eyeplants. Other examples are Walter's slingshot and sea fishing rods.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crestwave said:

This is because containers cannot be deleted by meteors/eyeplants. Other examples are Walter's slingshot and sea fishing rods.

Just to point. They already changed fishing rods being unable to be eaten by lureplants due to being annoying getting many of them

Fire Nettles won't attack you if you're wet, so if you'd like to harvest a lot of fire nettles fronds without being belted by the nettles intense heat, you can use waterballoons on yourself or use an oar on a boat and wet yourself that way.

(To be considered wet you need 40% or more moisture)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1