Any unknown mechanic to share?

On 2/6/2021 at 5:36 AM, Sunset Skye said:

If you walk over fire nettles while riding a beefalo, the initial damage will go to the beefalo while the heat will go to you!

A (possibly obvious?) extension of this that I've figured out btw: For beefalo still in the taming process, getting damaged by fire nettles like this will contribute to making them ornery, which is neat. Seems a bit more controllable than something like bees.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

A (possibly obvious?) extension of this that I've figured out btw: For beefalo still in the taming process, getting damaged by fire nettles like this will contribute to making them ornery, which is neat. Seems a bit more controllable than something like bees.

I vaguely recall something about beefalo losing domestication when they take damage? Is that only when they're hit by the player themself (themselves?).

If this actually works, I know how I'm getting an ornery beefalo. I got like 60 Fire Nettles planted for decorative purposes. :D

Oh, that bring ups another question: do Beefalo gets damaged by fire nettles if they are being ridden by Wormwood?

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I vaguely recall something about beefalo losing domestication when they take damage? Is that only when they're hit by the player themself (themselves?).

If this actually works, I know how I'm getting an ornery beefalo. I got like 60 Fire Nettles planted for decorative purposes. :D

Oh, that bring ups another question: do Beefalo gets damaged by fire nettles if they are being ridden by Wormwood?

player damage will make it lose a ton of domes yes

as far as I know ornery is built around damage dealt, not taken

you can tame ornery by deploying lureplants or walls constantly

6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

player damage will make it lose a ton of domes yes

as far as I know ornery is built around damage dealt, not taken

you can tame ornery by deploying lureplants or walls constantly

I think i remember it has to do with damage taken as well, meaning you could tame it by picking up cactus and spiky bushes while you're on him now. Not sure if that's the case tho

Edited by BeeClops

While the topic's rolling about beefalo training, there's anims of the Beefalo being whipped and responding both positively to it and negatively, are these used? Does the whip actually do anything domestication wise? (Aside from making it want to kill you that is.)

image.png.ebdb91013f517db0897e139f852bd848.png

Edited by -Variant

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

While the topic's rolling about beefalo training, there's anims of the Beefalo being whipped and responding both positively to it and negatively, are these used? Does the whip actually do anything domestication wise? (Aside from making it want to kill you that is.)

No.

unless it's been changed this very update

Edited by Well-met

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

YOTB added 2 new emotes that are specifically done on beefalo! 

/pet and /bigpet, They're very cute emotes :)

OMG THANK YOU

I was just wondering that I wish there was some way to pet my loyal steed. I am so glad it's a thing!

4 hours ago, Notecja said:

Probably it is not going to save anybody life, but from tumbleweeds you can get costumes. Not sure if you need to have unlocked them, but that one I had unlocked.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Warrior Costume Pattern has a prefab name of "war_blueprint" and tumbleweeds can contain "WAR_blueprint", which refers to a random non-rare blueprint of Fight tab (known as WAR tab in the code).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 2

On 1/27/2021 at 3:04 AM, Bird Up said:

you can drop 3 individual logs under a beehive and burn one, and it will destroy the bee hive without burning the resources. better than dealing with the killer bees.

killer bee hives are a little stronger and seems to burn quicker so doesnt work too well for them

Why three individual logs? How is it different to placing just one and why place three when you are burning just one? Really curious about it.

6 hours ago, DelroyBM said:

Why three individual logs? How is it different to placing just one and why place three when you are burning just one? Really curious about it.

Three logs have three times the fire damage as one log. The goal is not to set the hive on fire (which would burn the drops), its to kill it from external fire damage.

5 hours ago, gaymime said:

earthquake debris can hit shadow creatures

Fun fact, shadow creatures can aggro on and attack innocent creatures if they get hit from them falling. :D

Edited by Crestwave
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Spool 1

gingerbread vargs can hit shadows with the icing attack which draws their aggro. probably a bug that no one reported tho lol.

Rooks can break ancient pseudo science machines, and if it spawns a nightmare beak, it can aggro the rook who smashed the machine.

• Like 6

Geometric Placement could be used as client-side-semi-night-vision, because it shows grid and objects in dark when you try to build or place something, but still you need vaild light source to avoid Chalie.

I know this is not official content or mechanic but who doesn't use Geometric Placement

• Like 1