Any unknown mechanic to share?

I don't know if this is a bug or it's supposed to be played that way, but I noticed this weird thing while I was playing as Webber.

When you are transporting spiders from the caves to the overworld (and vice versa), any additional spiders not in your inventory will merge into one spider of each type (eg. 10 cave spiders will merge into 1 cave spider) and will wait for you at where you left them (aka still a follower spider). Take note that this happens ONLY when the spiders are your followers.

To avoid this from happening, you can use a shoo box for the additional spiders, and go back and forth in the morning to pick up the wandering spiders near your cave entrance.

• Like 2

There are two ways to obtain Time Pieces as Wanda:

• Craft 1x at the cost of 8x Thulecite Fragments and 2x Nightmare Fuel
  • Craft 4x at the cost of 1x Moon Rock and 1x Blue Gem
    • Doing so also rewards you with 2x Marble and with resetting all Touch Stones in the World for you which again can reward you with 2x Nightmare Fuel and 1x Marble per Touch Stone
    • Requires Celestial Portal

So if you want to craft e.g. a stack of 20 Time Pieces then you don't need to spend 160 Thulecite Fragments and 40 Nightmare Fuel but only 5 Moon Rocks and 5 Blue Gems.

For those who don't understand:

Spoiler

Simply craft a Moon Rock Idol and donate it to the Celestial Portal to change your character and pick Wanda. You'll enter the constant with 1x Ageless Watch and 3x Time Pieces. Use the Clockmaker's Tool to deconstruct your Ageless Watch and to obtain one more Time Pieces, 2x Marble and 1x Red Gem.

Another Moon Rock Idol can be made at the cost of 1x Purple Gem and 1x Moon Rock but since deconstructing the Ageless Watch already gave you a Red Gem, you only need one more Blue Gem to make a Purple Gem and to change your character once again.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 3
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

4 hours ago, Articestone said:

But she still aged when eating food that harms health like red caps and monster meat. Not sure if cooked and crockpot health damaging food make her aged

Yes, everything that deals damage can affect her. Monster lasagna, monster meat red and green caos adds age, for example

6 hours ago, Articestone said:

But she still aged when eating food that harms health like red caps and monster meat. Not sure if cooked and crockpot health damaging food make her aged

They all do. Taffy specifically doesn't because favorite foods remove all negative stats on top of adding +15 hunger.

• Like 9

A lot of people are going to hate me for this but... I just killed Klaus by placing the loot stash between us.

I just spanked him to death while he walked in place. This will probably force klei to remove the loot stash's collision box.

Saw this strat in a youtube comment so I don't take credit. 

At this point I'm super afraid they'll reduce the alarming clocks range.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, Tim S. said:

Ponds only spawn up to 3-4 Frogs

So if you telelocate them to a safe spot where they don't bother anyone, after poofing away 3 to 4 Frogs per Pond the Pond's completely safe! I've always wanted to base around ponds but couldn't stand the frogs. Now they're decorative, a great source of fish every now and then and way more practical to build your farm next to them. Even after relogging, the ponds stay safe as long as the telepoofed frogs don't get back into the pond.
The same principle works for Vargs too as previously noted, but also for Spider Queens. Makes kiting them a lot easier.

261652040_Screenshot(77).thumb.png.85a938eef1b7e62ac20fab75d4ef41e6.png

Another thing you can do is lead the frogs to a boat and send the boat a bit far off from the coast so they become stranded. Even easier with Wanda now, since you can use one of your watches to teleport you back (backstep or backtrek)

I find that preferable to spending purple gems, but I suppose if it's late enough then it doesn't matter so much.

Cheers!

Edited by Souper
  • Like 8

On 6/28/2021 at 6:36 AM, Tim S. said:

2. Ponds only spawn up to 3-4 Frogs

So if you telelocate them to a safe spot where they don't bother anyone, after poofing away 3 to 4 Frogs per Pond the Pond's completely safe! I've always wanted to base around ponds but couldn't stand the frogs. Now they're decorative, a great source of fish every now and then and way more practical to build your farm next to them. Even after relogging, the ponds stay safe as long as the telepoofed frogs don't get back into the pond.
The same principle works for Vargs too as previously noted, but also for Spider Queens. Makes kiting them a lot easier.

261652040_Screenshot(77).thumb.png.85a938eef1b7e62ac20fab75d4ef41e6.png

Does this work the same with mosquitos?

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can pick up and carry spiders when playing as Wanda- haven’t tested this with any other characters.. but it’s pretty useful to capture spiders and bring them to a Webber on your team for him to tame.

This is weird considering that only Webber can pick up spiders. Maybe it's a bug?

But if you mean "pick up" as in laying a trap and picking up the trap with the spider in it, then yeah all characters can do that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can pick up and carry spiders when playing as Wanda- haven’t tested this with any other characters.. but it’s pretty useful to capture spiders and bring them to a Webber on your team for him to tame.

Most likely a bug, you could do the same while mounting a beefalo by pressing Space but that was fixed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zacqiang said:

This is weird considering that only Webber can pick up spiders. Maybe it's a bug?

But if you mean "pick up" as in laying a trap and picking up the trap with the spider in it, then yeah all characters can do that.

Well I didn’t want to spoil how.. but yeah that.

5 hours ago, CodexCorporis said:

Does this work the same with mosquitos?

Yes it does! Sometimes after relogging, another mosquitoe appears, but after telepoofing that one, the pond should be clear (until you kill one of the bound-mosquitoes or one gets home).

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

how does it work for spider queens exactly? 

After telepoofing around 8 of her spiders, she won't spawn any new ones. If you telepoof every but the last one (for me it was always 8 spiders max) she will spawn only one spider at a time. This will continue even after reloading the game (until the spider queen turns into a den).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sunken Chests have a 2% chance to have a trinket included in their drops

Spoiler

Ah... never change your very weird drop chances Klei, you and your 0.11% chance for a Meat Effigy from an Ancient Psuedoscience Station. :p

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4