Any unknown mechanic to share?

While fighting Klaus on Xbox Series S as Willow I have noticed something I’ve been able to consistently repeat, so it seems to work (not sure if it’s s glitch or it’s intentional..) But I’ve discovered that when the Gem Deer use their Fire/Ice AoEs that as long as you weren’t actively caught IN The AoE, and then quickly run into a small group of Trees (in this case it’s been Birchwood trees) that it seems to instantly remove the Health drain from the Hot/Cold effect.

This has been particularly useful for me while attempting to fight Klaus as Willow, because the Ice Deers AoE will instantly start killing Willow thanks to her annoying downside of cold weather.

The Trees really do seem to actually STOP the negative health drain from the AoE blasts, but only if you don’t get caught in the actual AoE of the blast itself.

(for example if you move out of the way of the glowing parts of the ground… you should be good to use nearby trees)

Like I said though, I don’t know if this is a Bug or it is Intentional, (I was also wearing a football helmet if that helps any..)

So take this tip with a grain of salt, all that I do know is that it seems to work on Series S.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

While fighting Klaus on Xbox Series S as Willow I have noticed something I’ve been able to consistently repeat, so it seems to work (not sure if it’s s glitch or it’s intentional..) But I’ve discovered that when the Gem Deer use their Fire/Ice AoEs that as long as you weren’t actively caught IN The AoE, and then quickly run into a small group of Trees (in this case it’s been Birchwood trees) that it seems to instantly remove the Health drain from the Hot/Cold effect.

This has been particularly useful for me while attempting to fight Klaus as Willow, because the Ice Deers AoE will instantly start killing Willow thanks to her annoying downside of cold weather.

The Trees really do seem to actually STOP the negative health drain from the AoE blasts, but only if you don’t get caught in the actual AoE of the blast itself.

(for example if you move out of the way of the glowing parts of the ground… you should be good to use nearby trees)

Like I said though, I don’t know if this is a Bug or it is Intentional, (I was also wearing a football helmet if that helps any..)

So take this tip with a grain of salt, all that I do know is that it seems to work on Series S.

Tree's help regulate temperature I think, good shout though

The "no knockback" commander helm from wigfrid is useful for the pig king wrestling match, makes it much faster, you can sometimes even pickup your dropped gold by holding space after you got clobbered

Additionally, regarding pig king event, you only get gold+clout snout if the event is OFF

image.png.161a820e155bba34cac18e7f596a48ed.png

During pig event, you can farm a lot of belts (50% spawnchance per pig)
Outside event, belt spawnchance is 1%.

Farm belts, then disable the event to unlock ability to farm clout snout.

With wolfgangs whistle, you can have a ton of DPS on demand from snout clout wrestlers, but they don't last long (10 seconds)

• Like 2
  • Sanity 3
  • Spooky 1

Bearger can be set on fire. As it is to be expected, he's not all that happy about it and runs around panicking, doing the same thing as when he's charging, cutting down trees in an absolutely wild pattern... and setting them on fire. Not a great deal for most characters.

Willow and her Controlled Burning skill, however, turn that into something amazing. During your initial tree harvest, when you don't have the perfect 4 row wide tree plantation, you can basically harvest bunched up trees a lot better than if you were just to run him around the forest.

• Like 4

On 1/30/2024 at 9:52 AM, loopuleasa said:

The "no knockback" commander helm from wigfrid is useful for the pig king wrestling match, makes it much faster, you can sometimes even pickup your dropped gold by holding space after you got clobbered

Additionally, regarding pig king event, you only get gold+clout snout if the event is OFF

image.png.161a820e155bba34cac18e7f596a48ed.png

During pig event, you can farm a lot of belts (50% spawnchance per pig)
Outside event, belt spawnchance is 1%.

Farm belts, then disable the event to unlock ability to farm clout snout.

With wolfgangs whistle, you can have a ton of DPS on demand from snout clout wrestlers, but they don't last long (10 seconds)

a shame elites are unusable because of how short their summon is.

Found those today when I was trying my "survive in rocky biom w/o preparation challenge".

1. This is minor, but could be useful in times of hunger/when need feathers. Willow Pyrokinetics spell (which costs 1 ember) could ignite birds and they'll burn to death, dropping either cooked meat or a feather. Birds could fly away if they dropped seads (seads would burn isntead). There're also cool accidents when bird is set on fire when it just about to fly away, because they continue trying to fly, and fail, resulting hilarious injured moves.

2. This one is huge to me and I'll definetely use it from now on. Characters can perform on Charlie stage w/o constume. I tried Willow only and it was a very fun performance about burning nature lol. After the performance, the stage will become closed for a few days, but also 3 bush-dogs will appear. Killing these dogs provides random drops: from light bult to very cool like miner hat, umbrella, top hat. If you're lucky, you can receive seasonal drops if you joined public server lately, so it's always good to spend few seconds on performance.

Edit note: burned birds don't drop ember.

1 hour ago, shaurun said:

ignite birds and they'll burn to death, dropping either cooked meat or a feather

cooking a bird or burning it always drops meat, never feather

and yes devs made birds to not drop embers, but bunnies do!

9 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

cooking a bird or burning it always drops meat, never feather

cooking yes, but in this case we don't catch the bird, we just set it on fire. I got plenty of feathers from burned birds.

19 minutes ago, shaurun said:

cooking yes, but in this case we don't catch the bird, we just set it on fire. I got plenty of feathers from burned birds.

Wait is it true?

Last time I burned 7 birds in a row and got meat only. It can be luck.

Are you sure the birds all died under fire? I will test it when I get home

12 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Wait is it true?

I'll record it today. Bird feathers drop smoldering so yes, bird die from fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loopuleasa said:

Wait is it true?

Can confirm, you can get feathers from burning birds.

• Like 1

Woodie's treeguard idols can spawn treeguards by just using them as fuel for ice flingomatics. Probably not something that practical but I like having the option to spawn them in like this so I don't have to use firepits in my pig/treeguard farms

• Like 3
  • Sanity 3
  • GL Happy 1

This is a big stretch, but the way Wigfrid's skill tree is formatted may be based on newspaper columns, a callback to her animated short. I don't know why but her skill tree layout stands out compared to every one else's besides Wormwood.

(the idea stemmed mainly from the "Mystic Resilience" skill being by itself, along with the "Headliner" branch)

Screenshot2024-03-08164727.png.827fa91a0c0e288e537e30b6eba03ebf.png

800_3605018_w9jhl01d881ug5j7g78go8fjhv3blkm1ky77hk31.jpg.19cdd3e0d2c7f710e40f686bf504bd2b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

If you need some ruins snacks and don't have a fishing rod, there are 2 simple recipes for you:

Banana shake needs 2 bananas and allows 2 fillers. If you went on a monkey killing spree, you can just fill it up with more banana, otherwise just put in 2 sticks, 2 boneshards or 2 nightmare fuel for 33 sanity and 8 health.

Spicy Chili is another underused dish. 1 monster meat and 1 morsel should be easily available from worms, monkeys, moles or beardlings in the ruins. Add 2 lichen and you got 20 health and a good use for all those dead monkeys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

If you need some ruins snacks and don't have a fishing rod, there are 2 simple recipes for you:

Banana shake needs 2 bananas and allows 2 fillers. If you went on a monkey killing spree, you can just fill it up with more banana, otherwise just put in 2 sticks, 2 boneshards or 2 nightmare fuel for 33 sanity and 8 health.

Spicy Chili is another underused dish. 1 monster meat and 1 morsel should be easily available from worms, monkeys, moles or beardlings in the ruins. Add 2 lichen and you got 20 health and a good use for all those dead monkeys.

I'll go one better: bring a couple of stacks of ice into your Ruins base, you're set on both HP and Sanity completely.

Banana Daquiris restore 30 HP and 15 Sanity and can be made with one Banana and 3 Ice. While Banana Pops restore 33 Sanity and 20 HP and can be made with a Banana and any combination of Ice and Twigs (as long as it has one of each). This means they are both incredible for Sanity and Healing; with just a slightly different ratio for both. No matter how you look at it, Bananas make an EXCELLENT ingredient.

30 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

I'll go one better: bring a couple of stacks of ice into your Ruins base, you're set on both HP and Sanity completely.

Banana Daquiris restore 30 HP and 15 Sanity and can be made with one Banana and 3 Ice. While Banana Pops restore 33 Sanity and 20 HP and can be made with a Banana and any combination of Ice and Twigs (as long as it has one of each). This means they are both incredible for Sanity and Healing; with just a slightly different ratio for both. No matter how you look at it, Bananas make an EXCELLENT ingredient.

Also, take note that Wigfrid can actually eat banana daiquiri.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Spicy Chili is another underused dish. 1 monster meat and 1 morsel should be easily available from worms, monkeys, moles or beardlings in the ruins. Add 2 lichen and you got 20 health and a good use for all those dead monkeys

This is genius, and something I wouldn't have though of any other way. While I never felt the need to get healing food with Wigfrid down there (aka bring a fishing rod), it's great to know the option is still there.

Adding to the banana part, however: WX-78 can easily stretch bananas looted down there for an extra two seasons, assuming they were kept in a fridge when possible. I have eaten (drank?) banana shakes with him for which the ingredients for were looted half a year ago...

15 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

Throw in sticks (and optionally play Wendy), and you've got everything covered. I have lived an entire season down there as a beginner, slowly making my way through the ruins, just using cooked morsels and frozen banana pops, before daiquiris and shakes were even a thing.

But frozen banana pops are worth it anyway, same sanity restoration as shakes, and with 20 health on top... sadly, they're mostly a "base" food, since they have an extremely quick spoilage time.

To top off the ruins recipes, if you've made a fishing rod before, you can catch 2 eels and get 2 monster meats from either worms or labyrinth spiders, and mix them into Surf n' Turf, since the recipe itself has higher priority than lasagna and will always work if not Warly's pot. That and the silk from the spiders can also give you more rods to fish with, provided you have twigs for it. Saved me multiple times. One pond shouldn't take more than 15 secs to catch two eels, so it's not a huge time sink either.

• Like 4