Any unknown mechanic to share?

14 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

I don't know if its just for me, but the spider quarry is always connected to oasis

Attempted to check if this is true with my collection of very old worlds. 5 of the 8 worlds checked had the spider quarry connected to the Oasis. The remaining 3 worlds had no spider quarry at all.
Also found this very interesting world while testing the spider quarries being connected to the Oasis, seed is 16275729491488721911_Interestingworld.png.thumb.jpg.aac3e8f92965ff31698076f10a7c3f7c.jpg

and you need to go through this to reach the deserts.

intesworldbees.jpg.e176f5468f368753843f9662ab4e49c9.jpg

Edited by SomebodyRandom

Here are 3 that I thought of:

1. You can use your watering can to un-whither plants in the summer.

2. Spawning broken clockworks on the overworld and then hammering them has a chance of spawning lightning, just like in solo DS.

3. During the day, the clock on the top right does a special animation every 30 seconds, each time the "hand" points at a new segment.

• Like 6

this could very well be a glitch, but I honestly don't know if it is. ill put steps to do this because i have no idea what to call it

1. get a boat with a steering wheel and a mast

2. start steering the boat

3. hold the direction you wanna move (keep holding, even during the fourth step)

4. use right click to cancel the steering while still holding the direction you wanna move

5. the mast should turn on its own

• Wavey 6

Nothing really special but the Winter's feast table throws crockpot meals into the air if its not from the event.
Thus I made a prison with a feeding slot. They can't get out but I can put foods on the table and it throws it into the cage. This is it. This is my presentation. Is it viable for anything? No. It's funny though!
unknown.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Hunger 1
  • Sanity 3
  • Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Nothing really special but the Winter's feast table throws crockpot meals into the air if its not from the event.
Thus I made a prison with a feeding slot. They can't get out but I can put foods on the table and it throws it into the cage. This is it. This is my presentation. Is it viable for anything? No. It's funny though!

Thanks, I really needed a way to feed my prisoners!

• Haha 4

this may be completely useless information, but it's actually impossible to kill yourself as wormwood when crafting living logs

if you make a living log with exactly 20 hp left, you'll still make the log, but you'll be left at 1 hp

19 hp for one log. what a steal!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

this may be completely useless information, but it's actually impossible to kill yourself as wormwood when crafting living logs

if you make a living log with exactly 20 hp left, you'll still make the log, but you'll be left at 1 hp

19 hp for one log. what a steal!

Hmmm. I think this might not be completly true. To my knowladge game rounds hp, so you just might be 20,5 hp when crafting a living log and game round up remeaning hp to 1. But that is just a suspicion.

• Thanks 1

(Considering the blocks of text that have been posted so far, this has probably already been mentioned but whatever)

If you have a bee farm in the range of an ice-flingomatic / water balloons, set the bee boxes on fire when you want to harvest them. This will make all the bees exit the box immediately, allowing you to collect the honey with no problems. This also has the side-effect of making the bees go back to work immediately, and even works on killer bees in spring. Just make sure you can put out the flowers in time as well, or you might have a problem on your hands…  

15 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Here's one...

While wearing a miner hat with a hot thermal stone in your inventory, the thermal stone gets cold faster than usual

Edit: I really don't know if this is an unknown mechanic, so I just threw it out regardless

is some kind of bug?

19 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Here's one...

While wearing a miner hat with a hot thermal stone in your inventory, the thermal stone gets cold faster than usual

Edit: I really don't know if this is an unknown mechanic, so I just threw it out regardless

I'm sort of inclined to believe that you just imagined it. :P

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Here's one...

no

1 minute ago, ShadowQueen said:

Wdym it happens to me, I compared it with a lantern and enlightened crown and the thermal cooled off way slower

It means that there is nothing in the miner hat's code that could possibly make it do this, so you must have missed some other factor that caused your thermal stone to cool off more quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

Wdym it happens to me, I compared it with a lantern and enlightened crown and the thermal cooled off way slower

what was your procedure? did you leave a thermal stone next to a dragonfly furnace for a while, then took it  and stood somewhere waiting for it to cool down, while taking the time?

Edited by Wardin25

22 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

what was your procedure? did you leave a thermal stone next to a dragonfly furnace for a while, then took it  and stood somewhere waiting for it to cool down, while taking the time?

What? Why would I do that? And no I didn't, from my experience it's a thing for me... 

21 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

What? Why would I do that? And no I didn't, from my experience it's a thing for me... 

i mean, without any testing you cant really be sure, if you didnt pay attention or any other factors changed its obvious that it may seem like it lasts less

• Like 4

On 8/8/2021 at 8:03 PM, Wardin25 said:

i mean, without any testing you cant really be sure, if you didnt pay attention or any other factors changed its obvious that it may seem like it lasts less

MISERY TOADSTOOL, FRUIT FLY LORD EVICTED | Year 12 Thrill of the Grill Don't Starve Together - YouTube

go to timestamp 6:32 - 6:43

Look who else sees this

Edit: No I didn't share this because jazzy also had this "problem", only shared it cuz i thought it was just, idk, a thing in the game?

Edit #2: maybe it's just me because the miner hat has no insulation factor, and I'm just used to wearing a tam and using a lantern for cave exploring

Edited by ShadowQueen