Hiya, been around for a bit now but I feel I should make an art thread to share some of my work, DST and non-alike.

Saying I'm a fan of DS/T would be putting it rather lightly, I do enjoy these games ever so much.
Big in the datamining scene, along with art of course!
I've worked on several mods for DS/T over these past few years as well.

I've got a bit of everything on my plate that I may post from time to time. Here's some recent Willow drawings that I'm very proud of.
VarWillowTimBurtonKindaSortaMaybealittleBit.thumb.png.e0e0a8ab7140d089e9c8d2b4959fc590.png
Var_WillowForlorn.thumb.png.1247da1e6ba2eb8217494dfa534a2dd1.png

I also occasionally do art for modded characters as well, such as this concept for a Waitress like character, and my own take on Charlie!
Var_Winstarr_Waitress.png.74f49fb3ee91613b1ca3d2c23332fcca.pngVar_charlie.png.1d1f1273a5f59cdcdeeed9f278ebae53.png
I also just finished this Egyptian Willow today, with some sketches of over characters too!!
unknown.png
Var_Willow_EgyptianQueen_pair.thumb.png.359e420350f512c8bf4e30e3eead66d7.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 20

I've been seeing a lot of demand for a sort of enlightened skinset for DST, like the opposite of the shadow collection that'd be all moon themed, and I wanted to take a crack at it myself. However, I wanted to do it a bit differently and instead try my hand at a "moonblind"/"moontated" skinset instead because I love horribly mutating these lovable charming characters. >:}
The idea is that they'd be mutated with themes of their past also applying! For example Willow and the asylum she grew up in, Woodie and the supposed "forehead injury" he obtained, from which lunar plants are now growing, Wortox's old design, ect! W.I.P!

Spoiler

Var_Moonblindcollection.thumb.png.7192f663afca9112d4f2407d4e1e18d4.png

• Like 7
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 3

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Enlightened Wortox feels like a tribute to his earlier concept while Willow's looks really rad. Really curious about Enlightened Wormwood.

These are great i love the idea behind Wortox merging his concept art with the mutated hound look. Looking forward to seeing more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Enlightened Wortox feels like a tribute to his earlier concept while Willow's looks really rad. Really curious about Enlightened Wormwood.

4 hours ago, LonelySkeleton said:

These are great i love the idea behind Wortox merging his concept art with the mutated hound look. Looking forward to seeing more

Eeee thank you for the kind words!! I plan on continuing the set soon here.

I went back and updated the art for the Egyptian Willow and did some extras too. Even went ahead and made some mock up stats/perks for a dungeon-crawler-esque mode too. Needless to say I had way too much fun with this...
Var_Willow_EgyptianQueen_Cursestats.thumb.png.751ae6b173cf86d59376d78be9fc16d8.png
Var_Willow_EgyptianQueen_nostats.thumb.png.583b3c73857109bd8e373c816ca91af0.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kur0u said:

Damn these look nice! Love the horror hound like Wortox, lovely colors on the Shattered Webber as well.
Plan on making more egyptian characters? Those look promising af.

Thank you for your kind words! 
I do! Currently working with someone else who wanted to partake and throw in their concepts for the Egyptian set, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

You might want to make that a real shoe.

Honestly I'd genuinely love to. Wouldn't know where to begin though, ahah. I may make more designs, had fun with those 2!

Aaaannndddd here we are with PT3 of the Moonblind set! Real happy with how Wes came out, might take another crack at Wicker in the future though.

Spoiler

Var_Moonblindcollectionpt3.thumb.png.1073c4997419b6a6ce1b147b0c75c4bc.png

• Like 4
  • GL Happy 1

13 hours ago, quetzalcoatlzz said:

these shoes are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Honestly thank you!! Looking forward to making more, love your stuff too!

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

That wickerbottom skin I assumed was Wes until I reread your commentary. I bet some Wickers would use that head.

Yeahhh, I'm going to probably re-make it, I'll probably keep the head if I do, but the rest isn't sticking with what I had hoped for.

This isn't my normal stuff but I was sort of bored and wanted to dabble with a sort of 3D blocky style this time around, I got carried away evidently but here's a Willow rig I'm working on.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngimage.png.27a2dd5eb12f3c1e7acef402f320c6c1.png
Willowin3DassertsHerdominanceOverYou.gif.24485e2fa25031ef638621daf1f3675b.gif
I love looking back at progress shots and seeing how something started VS. how its coming along.

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

8 hours ago, -Variant said:

Honestly thank you!! Looking forward to making more, love your stuff too!

Yeahhh, I'm going to probably re-make it, I'll probably keep the head if I do, but the rest isn't sticking with what I had hoped for.

This isn't my normal stuff but I was sort of bored and wanted to dabble with a sort of 3D blocky style this time around, I got carried away evidently but here's a Willow rig I'm working on.

Hide contents

unknown.pngunknown.pngimage.png.27a2dd5eb12f3c1e7acef402f320c6c1.png
Willowin3DassertsHerdominanceOverYou.gif.24485e2fa25031ef638621daf1f3675b.gif
I love looking back at progress shots and seeing how something started VS. how its coming along.

<3 <3 <3 I'm glad you like my stuff!!! This willow rig looks great!!! What's it for ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quetzalcoatlzz said:

<3 <3 <3 I'm glad you like my stuff!!! This willow rig looks great!!! What's it for ? 

NP!!! Keep it up!! Uhhhhhhh nothing really, just for funsies to be fair! Art but in ThreeeeeDeeee!

Not feeling so hot but I thought these'd be funny to do. Have I gone to far?? These'll totally break legs and I'm counting on that.
unknown.png
Var_Constant_heels_howtheHelldoyouwalkinthese.thumb.png.0859cd9a98aa63cea15b397ba892ed6b.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1
  • Spool 1
  • Potato Cup 1

16 hours ago, -Variant said:

NP!!! Keep it up!! Uhhhhhhh nothing really, just for funsies to be fair! Art but in ThreeeeeDeeee!

Not feeling so hot but I thought these'd be funny to do. Have I gone to far?? These'll totally break legs and I'm counting on that.
unknown.png
Var_Constant_heels_howtheHelldoyouwalkinthese.thumb.png.0859cd9a98aa63cea15b397ba892ed6b.png

LOOK AT THEM TOWERING OVER HIM AAHAHAHA!!!! dude, 3d art is awesome!!! Its really dope to see you take the very 2d game and translate it like that!!! also, i have to say yet again that i am in love with these shoe designs!!! Esp. the Clockwork and the terrorbeak!!!! Those are my favs <3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's been rough so I've not been up to much lately, I've got more heels and the rest of the Moonblind set cooking but I'll need more time on those, until now have a fun sketch I did, haven't done anything for myself in a hot minute now.
Var_Rose_randomdresses.thumb.png.b58155e11595764f8541b55894394dd7.png

• Like 4
  • GL Happy 1

Been a bit, did some stuff with a new OC of mine, calling her Audrey! Say hi to Audrey!!
Var_Audrey_Remake.thumb.png.4c6a618c56282a663ab0ab2ffeeae178.png
Did a size comparison of her with and without the hoodie too.

Spoiler

Var_Audrey_Ref.thumb.png.ad183f07e215bddc44cb2bb565540522.png

Also, also, I continued with the heels! I can't get enough of them so I guess this is what I'll be known for. (On that note I promise I'm still doing skin stuff its just motivation is fleeting aaaaaa)
Var_DontStarveHeels.thumb.png.8b75d2b973409f63036b73a5878d38f2.png

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 2