DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

Theukon-dos    3055

Killing a bee hive in 1 hit won't summon spawn any killer bees, and destroy any bees that where inside the hive

Edited by Theukon-dos
  • Like 4

Owlrus    4535

Semi-Useful/Useless tip/fact:

You can replace the meat in Meaty Stew with a Wobster. The cheapest recipe for Meaty Stew was 2x morsels, 1x monster meat, and 1x meat; and if you count the total hunger a dead Wobster gives (12.5 compared to meat's 25) technically it's slightly cheaper. Although you can't use more than one Wobster or you'll get Surf 'n' Turf; use 3 Wobsters and an Ice and you'll only get a Lobster Bisque. Hope this...erhm...helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Electroely    4711
45 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Semi-Useful/Useless tip/fact:

You can replace the meat in Meaty Stew with a Wobster. The cheapest recipe for Meaty Stew was 2x morsels, 1x monster meat, and 1x meat; and if you count the total hunger a dead Wobster gives (12.5 compared to meat's 25) technically it's slightly cheaper. Although you can't use more than one Wobster or you'll get Surf 'n' Turf; use 3 Wobsters and an Ice and you'll only get a Lobster Bisque. Hope this...erhm...helps.

I think in general people should appreciate the power of meat substitutes; before RoT, there was only monster meat, and using 2 of it would make monster lasagna. Now, there's fish meat (wobsters included) and leafy meat, which ALSO have a one meat value and a one-per-dish restriction. I like to mix and match to save on regular meat. Late-game, my favorite meaty stew recipe usually ends up being 1 Meat, 1 Monster Meat, 1 Leafy Meat and 1 Kelp. Earlier on, I often catch wobsters for Honey Ham (1 monster meat 1 fish meat 1 honey 1 filler) and Bacon and Eggs (1 monster meat 1 fish meat 2 eggs) if resources start running low.

It's also kind of a funny detail that you can make Meaty Stew with no regular meat: 1 monster meat, 1 fish meat, 1 leafy meat and 1 filler.

• Like 3

Owlrus    4535
55 minutes ago, Electroely said:

and leafy meat, which ALSO have a one meat value and a one-per-dish restriction.

Huh. I didn't know that until you mentioned it. Guess that alone could be it's own unknown mechanic lol.

Bird Up    2318

you can drop 3 individual logs under a beehive and burn one, and it will destroy the bee hive without burning the resources. better than dealing with the killer bees.

killer bee hives are a little stronger and seems to burn quicker so doesnt work too well for them

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GelatinousCube    792
4 hours ago, Muzarello said:

Did you know you can use the construction amulet to halve the bottle price of Pearl's itens? Used it to make the winter ornaments she sells a bit cheaper, I had my doubts at first but it seems the amulet makes you a little handsome too I guess.

Idk if someone already said this cuz I'm not reading 27 pages,sorry

ooooft... wish I had known that... had to farm a bunch of bottles to get the ornaments I wanted..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wardin25    2024
9 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Moon axe stacks with honey spice effect. 3 hits per big tree

fairly certain anyone who has fought toadstool knows that one

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 2

BezKa    1834
31 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

fairly certain anyone who has fought toadstool knows that one

Why thank you for noticing, it was difficult but I did in fact win

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BeeClops    1175

Probably mentioned, but you can eat a mandrake to calm enraged DFly. It can come in handy when on pubs if the flute is gone and you don't want to catch rabbits.

• Like 1

Crestwave    132
1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

Probably mentioned, but you can eat a mandrake to calm enraged DFly. It can come in handy when on pubs if the flute is gone and you don't want to catch rabbits.

Cooking one also works, giving you double the mileage as cooked mandrakes still retain their effect—particularly useful as Willow. Another Willow tip is that you don't fall asleep if you're taking fire "damage"—for example, touching enraged dragonfly or a lava pool—even though she's immune.

• Sanity 3

RoughCactus69    385

I'm convinced this needs to be closed. It's just people repeating the same thing that's already been said.

But hey, how am I to say? 

LET THE FORUM LIVE!!!!!

Sincerely,

Cactus

landromat    1933
4 hours ago, Warpspeed10 said:

Catcoons attack butterflies, but do not eat the wings or the butter. Cage one in a field of flowers for some passive butter farming.

i prefer lava pond farm. Place some flowers and butterflies will die from the heat

• Like 3

Mark2020    68

Pigs, Bunnymen, all kind of Merms, all growth stage Beefalos, Catcoons, Frogs, Chester, Eyebone, Star-Sky and Celestial Orb will teleport back to coastline if they sink in ocean.  

Bunnymen in sleeping state spawned by console will not sink in ocean until wake up. 

• Like 2

DinsdaleP    13

a few things related to farms:

• while placing down a farm plot overwrites any ground below (you can't place 'em on cobblestones, but even Wurt loses her speed bonus if placed on marsh), the same does not apply to natural roads - you still get the keep the extra speed from running over those. so if you really want to min-max, just throw the farm plots on top of roads and surround everything with cobblestones
  • wiki lists that giant vegetables spoil four times slower than their corresponding plant, which is just part of the truth - they're on the ground, so a x1.5 spoilage modifier also applies. never seen it mentioned anywhere, but feels like an important bit, since with this, gigantic versions of toma root and dragonfruit only last 16 days, while potatoes go for 26.6 days and garlic or onions can be hammered for a very respectable 40 days
  • on similar vein, giant vegetable can stay unpicked for 6 days before rotting. if you know when they popped, you can easily wait 4-5 days with picking them for a longer "shelf life"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HowlVoid    2427

1. Have Wortox wear the bramble husk.

2. Release/ unbundle a killer bee and place some distance from it after getting aggro.

3. Release/unbundle some butterflies just before you get hit.

4. ?????

5. Profit.

• Haha 2

DinsdaleP    13
1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

1. Have Wortox wear the bramble husk.

2. Release/ unbundle a killer bee and place some distance from it after getting aggro.

3. Release/unbundle some butterflies just before you get hit.

4. ?????

5. Profit.

Theukon-dos    3055

I'd have to test this to make sure that it's not a mod allowing me to do this, But you can "Feed" a pig to get close to it, and then before feeding it, use force attack to kill the pig without it running away from you.

• Like 2