DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

GelatinousCube    721
10 hours ago, Electroely said:

You can use the Watering Can to make Thermal Stones colder. Just drop one in the middle of a farmplot and water away. (should work with withered/burning objects too, but soil is much more convenient)

image.thumb.png.c9f241de0a0876f52084cc82d78aee32.png

The Holy Thermal Stone Skin! Jealous.

• Haha 4

loopuleasa    582
On 12/21/2020 at 8:17 PM, Duck986 said:

Using deconstruction staff on the empty watering can will return you 1 board and 1 rope, but if it's full - it will return 2 boards and 1 rope instead. Same with waterfowl can

this is don't starve trivia material

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sunset Skye    11523

I'm a bit late to the Winter's Feast stuff this year, but I just found out that you can put both the winter treats and cookie crumbles in the compost bin. Super convenient for getting into farming right now!

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ArubaroBeefalo    8443

If, for whatever reason because the danm walls load after than mobs (klei pls), you are playing as wurt and the merm that is supposed to be in the tapestry gets stuck behind a wall without being able to sit in his place when you want to fed him just go a little far, enough to put the tapestry and him off screen and disconect. When you reconnect he will be in his place and now you can fed him

• Like 1

wigfrids hat    5180
On 12/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, minespatch said:

Has anyone made a post of farming gingerpigs for their crumbles?

i havent seen it but for sure it isnt worth the effort. in one of my worlds i spent a half day with one trapped on a wee jut of land and the crumbles it put out were only barely faster than my hunger drain. unless someone managed to coral multiples it simply isnt worth the effort except under extreme duress

Wurt's buildings only have to be placed on marsh turf, it doesn't have to stay marsh turf. Just dig it back up with the pitchfork after placing the building. So you can get away with making just one marsh turf.

Merms will also mine stone fruit for Wurt. Just place a stack on the ground and tap it once with a pick and a fed merm will mine it all for you. It really saves on picks and feeding Merm King.

Spider nests refill when they level up. So Webber can create an upgrade feedback loop of sorts. Start war, pick silk, upgrade, repeat steps 2 and 3. It works best with at least 3 nests in close proximity.

• Like 4

Sunset Skye    11523

I learned last night that apparently in DST, Pumpkin Lanterns last a whopping 53 minutes. A friend says this was changed way back at the first Hallowed Nights, but it slipped past me entirely!

• Like 4

Don't know if anyone posted this but something I stumbled upon was you can take suspicious marble (And i assume statues) thru wormholes most would use a beefalo but it can potentially save you a lot of time.

• Like 1

EirikGerhard    99

Using the bone helm for too long will cause nightmare creatures to be hostile to you when you take it off... unless you pair it with the snurtle shell armor. Put on the helm, and when you're done, use the snurtle armor to hide, wait until the shadow creatures lose interest in you, and then remove the bone helm by equipping another headgear. The shadow creatures spawned by the helm will instantly disappear if you have high enough sanity. This is extremely useful if you want to use an ancient pseudoscience station during the nightmare cycle but don't want to deal with the shadows chasing you after. Plus, the shell armor paired with the bee queen crown can be used to safely regain all sanity back during the nightmare cycle if you hide next to a nightmare light.

Edited by EirikGerhard
  • Like 4

Szczuku    15861

If beefalo's mating season starts while you're domesticating a beefalo that beefalo will no longer follow you or ask for food. 

The only way to tell if its full or not is to guess or feed it untill it farts

BeeClops    1081
8 hours ago, EirikGerhard said:

Using the bone helm for too long will cause nightmare creatures to be hostile to you when you take it off... unless you pair it with the snurtle shell armor. Put on the helm, and when you're done, use the snurtle armor to hide, wait until the shadow creatures lose interest in you, and then remove the bone helm by equipping another headgear. The shadow creatures spawned by the helm will instantly disappear if you have high enough sanity. This is extremely useful if you want to use an ancient pseudoscience station during the nightmare cycle but don't want to deal with the shadows chasing you after. Plus, the shell armor paired with the bee queen crown can be used to safely regain all sanity back during the nightmare cycle if you hide next to a nightmare light.

No matter how much you use the bone helm, the shadows will be hostile to you when you take it off, whether it's 2 seconds or 10 minutes it has nothing to do with you much time you keep it on, please tell me if I'm wrong thou. Also the shadows won't instantly disappear if you are full sanity, they can still attack you a few times until they despawn, even at 100% sanity. I like the shell + crown combo at the repaired station thou, I usually just have the crown but this way I can just afk, so imma use it :D .

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 1