Any unknown mechanic to share?

someone probably already said that here, but you can feed a glowberry to a rabbit in your inventory and still get the light effect without loosing sanity.

can use this to keep your head free for a helmet or if you want your chest to glow.

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

8 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Anenemies are amazing. They just suck at doing what tooth traps do.

The actual selling point of Anenemies is that they remain fully functional even when they are unloaded, which allows them to be use to auto-farm mobs whose position you can predict.

Place one at the center of the Ancient Guardian arena and when the ruins reset, the anenemy will start hitting the Ancient Guardian for 60 damage every minute. With just one anenemy, it takes about 20 days to kill the Guardian, but the important thing is you don't even have to be in the caves for this to work.

Similarly, you can set up an automated volt goat horn farm with this, but that's a bit more complicated to describe. Lakhnish has a great video on it somewhere on Youtube.

My current world has about 50 anenemies and I'm currently making plans to place one anenemy at every single bishop spawn in the ruins, which should remove the only source of unavoidable damage (and durability loss) the ruins have.

Great idea!!  I can probably think of some ways to use this...  Definitely not like tooth traps, but a whole 'nother way to cheese the game I love it XD  thx

9 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Place one at the center of the Ancient Guardian arena and when the ruins reset, the anenemy will start hitting the Ancient Guardian for 60 damage every minute. With just one anenemy, it takes about 20 days to kill the Guardian, but the important thing is you don't even have to be in the caves for this to work.

I'm pretty dumbfounded you mention this and not volt goats

18 minutes ago, Seero said:

I'm pretty dumbfounded you mention this and not volt goats

12 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Similarly, you can set up an automated volt goat horn farm with this, but that's a bit more complicated to describe. Lakhnish has a great video on it somewhere on Youtube.

They mentioned volt goats in literally the next sentence???

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

someone probably already said that here, but you can feed a glowberry to a rabbit in your inventory and still get the light effect without loosing sanity.

can use this to keep your head free for a helmet or if you want your chest to glow

You can also feed glowberries to the bulbous lightbugs to obtain yourself the light effect (useful when after an earthquake your lightbugs die)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hornete said:

Heres a weird and useless, but neat mechanic to know about.

unknown.thumb.png.23c84171832718243427fe5b487a7503.png

There is a specific pose the player does for each crop of their oversized picture.

For example, all pictures in the plant registry with the oversized carrot will have one specific pose the player does (Which is the 12th frame of the cheer emote for oversized carrots), and this applies for all other oversized crop pictures.

can you modify it for a client mod though?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

can use this to keep your head free for a helmet or if you want your chest to glow.

yeah, that's a great tip for Wigfrid players in particular, cause they can't eat the berries. You can even feed rabbits/carrats glowberry mousse to have light much longer during your ruins trips.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 1

You can feed a rabbit a Glow Berry and hide the rabbit in a container (e.g. Chest, Backpack, Chester, other player's inventory) to obtain an invisible light source: Protects you from insanity or Charlie but doesn't show any light at all. That trick doesn't work in private caveless servers since your client can tell that there's a glowing rabbit in that container.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

They mentioned volt goats in literally the next sentence???

oh, oops

I'd question the usefulness of automatically farming ancient guardian either way

Edited by Seero
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Seero said:

oh, oops

I'd question the usefulness of automatically farming ancient guardian either way

idk, probably less useful than putting one under each bishop, but its only 1 anenemy to put under guardian.  Even if you go early and he isn't ko yet he could still be weakened making it faster.  As long as there is a good supply of anenemys I say why not?

How many do you need for volt goat farming?  I think you get like 30 per server?  maybe more?

4 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

One anenemy per herd.

Wow, that sounds like a great deal.  I'm gonna have to look that up.  thx ~  I've been wanting to use anenemys since they came out but hadn't found any good ways to use them yet.  voltgoat horns are a pain to farm it would be lovely to get that automated lol

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Wow, that sounds like a great deal.  I'm gonna have to look that up.  thx ~  I've been wanting to use anenemys since they came out but hadn't found any good ways to use them yet.  voltgoat horns are a pain to farm it would be lovely to get that automated lol

On 1/18/2021 at 12:43 PM, PeiperPires said:

Basically, once you send the safety goat away, it will always be trying to go back to the heard's original place, due to how moving heard's work. Since the safety goat will keep the heard existing, more goats will keep spawning to complete the heard in the original spot. Then you fence off the heard's spawn and plant the anenemies. Goats respawn off screen and anenemies can work off screen, so you got yourself an automatic farm. That's how I understand it at least.

Here's the video I watched about it:

https://youtu.be/xAtcFVhD8VQ

Follow the guide PeiperPires linked me to! Worked for me and I'm waiting to accrue a bunch of horns :)

On 1/19/2021 at 4:54 AM, QuartzBeam said:

Anenemies are amazing. They just suck at doing what tooth traps do.

The actual selling point of Anenemies is that they remain fully functional even when they are unloaded, which allows them to be use to auto-farm mobs whose position you can predict.

My current world has about 50 anenemies and I'm currently making plans to place one anenemy at every single bishop spawn in the ruins, which should remove the only source of unavoidable damage (and durability loss) the ruins have.

Genius using Anenomes against AG and Bishops. I might setup my own Anenome trap for AG tonight, more than 1 would be a waste because he doesn't move from his spot unless you are around correct?

The Bishop set up is awesome but I would be scared of running headfirst into them accidentally in the darkness haha

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Shosuko said:

How many do you need for volt goat farming?  I think you get like 30 per server?  maybe more?

It really depends, I'm commited to a world with just 11 anenemies :( , so I see 30 as a great number. For goat farming you need 1 for every herd. There's a really awesome blow dart farm using around 12-15 anenemies, houndius and a catapult(by splorange i think) and i've invested all of mine in that for now.

I have used anenemies for AG before, it's pretty convenient but you probably need a few tries before it is placed in the right place. Same goes for bishops too, it has to be in a very specific place to damage them. I'm sure there's a guide out there on the specifics, geo placement surely helps.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

It really depends, I'm commited to a world with just 11 anenemies :( , so I see 30 as a great number. For goat farming you need 1 for every herd. There's a really awesome blow dart farm using around 12-15 anenemies, houndius and a catapult(by splorange i think) and i've invested all of mine in that for now.

I have used anenemies for AG before, it's pretty convenient but you probably need a few tries before it is placed in the right place. Same goes for bishops too, it has to be in a very specific place to damage them. I'm sure there's a guide out there on the specifics, geo placement surely helps.

Beeclops can you please link or share the blow dart farm? I finally set up a volt goat farm with an anenome and I want to put the rest of/some more my anenomes to good use

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

Beeclops can you please link or share the blow dart farm? I finally set up a volt goat farm with an anenome and I want to put the rest of/some more my anenomes to good use

Yup I found it, here it is:

Spoiler

Works wonders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

Hide contents

Works wonders.

Woah that's a lot of feathers! Ahhh requires Wicker song, might still set it up anyway for switching to her briefly during Winters. Gives a ton of morsels too, good for eggs - rotten eggs - gunpowder!

What are the Anenomes actually doing in this setup though? Isn't the Catapult and Houndius doing all the work? Wont the catapult destroy the Houndius or does it heal enough to stop one catapult from ever destroying it?

Also how is Wicker getting all the birds to land in that one spot? Is that just how the book works because shes facing that direction? I'm not familiar with her at all sorry.

Also don't Houndius attack you back??

Edited by GelatinousCube

2 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Woah that's a lot of feathers! Ahhh requires Wicker song, might still set it up anyway for switching to her briefly during Winters. Gives a ton of morsels too, good for eggs - rotten eggs - gunpowder!

What are the Anenomes actually doing in this setup though? Isn't the Catapult and Houndius doing all the work? The Catapult is attacking the Houndius right? Will it destroy it if you don't heal the Houndius or do something about that or does it heal enough to stop one catapult from ever destroying it?

Also how is Wicker getting all the birds to land in that one spot? Is that just how the book works because shes facing that direction? I'm not familiar with her at all sorry.

The anenemies are blocking birds from landing near them, forcing them all to land on one specific spot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

What are the Anenomes actually doing in this setup though? Isn't the Catapult and Houndius doing all the work? Wont the catapult destroy the Houndius or does it heal enough to stop one catapult from ever destroying it?

Anenemies block birds from spawning around them, and the turf is also relevant.

The catapult does not damage the houndius, as it's considered an "ally". So it will never get damaged, no worries there. The houndius doesn't attack you back, nor the catapult as it doesn't damage it. Houndiuses will attack other houndiuses tho so keep that in mind. At it will also attack you back if you hit it with the ice staff from some reason, or at least that was the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

Anenemies block birds from spawning around them, and the turf is also relevant.

The catapult does not damage the houndius, as it's considered an "ally". So it will never get damaged, no worries there. The houndius doesn't attack you back, nor the catapult as it doesn't damage it. Houndiuses will attack other houndiuses tho so keep that in mind. At it will also attack you back if you hit it with the ice staff from some reason, or at least that was the case.

Alright dope, all makes sense now thank you for explaining. What Turf is it, just Forest?

Very interesting re Catapult and Houndius, I have both setup at Dfly and a couple of times I swear the catapults have accidentally hit the Houndius with AOE when Dfly has gone too close to them resulting in them attacking each other.

Edited by GelatinousCube

54 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Alright dope, all makes sense now thank you for explaining. What Turf is it, just Forest?

Very interesting re Catapult and Houndius, I have both setup at Dfly and a couple of times I swear the catapults have accidentally hit the Houndius with AOE when Dfly has gone too close to them resulting in them attacking each other.

you're welcome, turf is grassy and decidious.

I haven't tried builds with both catapults and houndiuses in large numbers, it should be fine but maybe it messes up with the ally like in your case.

• Health 1

5 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

You can also use chester instead of houndius, it makes the setup a lot cheaper :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tin04ka said:

You can also use chester instead of houndius, it makes the setup a lot cheaper :)

I haven't tried or checked it first-hand, but my friend who's done this farm says that chester scares away birds. Glommer might work, I forgot

On 1/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, BeeClops said:

Hide contents

Works wonders.

I'm trying to set this farm up right now, I have everything but the houndius in place and am about to switch to wicker, place it and try it out, here's my issue though I'm just at the area now placing the last few anenomes and I'm noticing that redbirds (its currently autumn and im trying to get this ready for winter) are landing inbetween my anenomes and eating random seeds that are sitting there... am I not placing anenomes close enough/correctly? Is this a sign that when using the book with Wicker birds won't land where I want them to?

My anenomes seem closer together than the ones in the video if anything and I have more of them too..

I'll have the option to roll back to avoid placing the houndius anyway but I'm worried im not building this correctly :(

EDIT: Nevermind, read a book to try it and they are landing where I want them to, excited to get a stupid amount of morsels and azure feathers come winter :D

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1