"Reap What You Sow" Update Now Available!

2 hours ago, Parusoid said:

in the video she grew 16 plants :shock:

Well, it does check out, since that is both the old book and said old book in retrofitted worlds doesn't have a plant cap :P

Spoiler

The 2 books for comparison (first one is old, second one is new):

64?cb=20130626145713

64?cb=20201201012544

The amount of characters moving around in that animation... it must've been a pain to animate. We love to see our faves interacting with eachother, it's those little things.

And we finally got the farm rework! Now if only we could get those darts hinthintnudgenudge

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Wormwood and Wurt will no longer suffer a sanity drain for being wet
  • Disease has been removed.

Also, poggers

• Like 2

So I’ve only been playing the new update for about 40 minutes, I’m playing as Wormwood so I can also check out his changes at the same time.. I did not watch any of the beta streams for the update so I’m just diving straight into it completely blind.

Ive learned built a garden, planted things, tilled things, talked to plants, cared for plants I’ll avoid spoiling any of that and just thank Klei right now for my favorite thing in this update I’ve discovered so far-

The Water Fowl Can can be used to EXTINGUISH raging fires.. which means- it’s actually easier to play with random Willow players now because you can put out the fires with great ease.

In fact- this is such a BIG change I think Water Balloons as an item may either need to be removed completely, or get reworked- It’s just way easier (as a Xbox player) to extinguish things with Watering Can then with Water Balloons.

• Developer
2 hours ago, GentlemanFridge said:

"Weighing giant veggies now adds a picture of the heaviest veggie you have weighed to the Plant Registry."

Where exactly is this displayed? I can't seem to find it, if it's supposed to display the weight too.

There is a bug that is preventing this from working properly, it will be fixed in the next hotfix.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

How does one get a ornament from Pearl? I just saw the new ornaments for Pearl's house and her jar on the wiki.

8 and 12 empty bottles if you haven't completed the friendship and defeated crab king with the pearl, if you haven't, it comes with the completion.
I wish I haven't completed... those pesky bottles are too much of a pain,20 bottles,I wish we could build them with moon glass

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Giant veggies can be waxed with Beeswax to preserve them forever.
  • Weighing giant veggies now adds a picture of the heaviest veggie you have weighed to the Plant Registry.

I was thinking just about this while playing the beta, "it would be cool if we could keep those giant crops as pure decoration without the produce scale... the plants would also be cool to 'petrify' in any growth stage, some of the flowers are kinda pretty, like pomegranate and potato". So cool to see it added without mentioning it (just in case: I know we can not "petrify" crop plants and this is only for giant crops, but it is still pretty cool!).

I didn't think about the registry registering the weight of plants weighted, but it is very nice and makes the produce scale more interesting to use! Specially since beeswaxing would have the similar effect of preventing the giant crop from spoiling and serving as decoration.

Overall, this has been the best update for me (well... maybe after Willow's rework). And funnily enough this farm re-work also serves as a "Wormwood re-work" (given how many changes were added to them) and indirectly improves Wurt and Warly, which I believe would have an easier time getting food or making dishes respectively. Thanks for this update!

about the "Plant Registry":

Don't know if it's a bug or work as intended:

If you researched plant up to the giant crop, Plant Registry displayed as a card type.

But when you researched the rotting stage (Giant or normal) it displayed that rotting stage (Giant or normal) instead.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d69ca47bff85e699763dd0ff362beea1.png

image.thumb.png.933612610d51a42dcbb94be640d8efd3.png

• Sad 3
  • GL Happy 1

Giant veggies can be waxed with Beeswax to preserve them forever.

Wormwood and Wurt will no longer suffer a sanity drain for being wet

Formula fertilizers now trigger blooming (applying more formula fertilizer will accelerate the current stage while blooming and extend the duration when fully bloomed)

YEEES!!! oh klei, you are too good to us<3<3 guess poor wortox is no longer my second, i am back to wormy now that i dont have to creep around for spring servers~<3

Edited by gaymime

52 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

about the "Plant Registry":

Don't know if it's a bug or work as intended:

If you researched plant up to the giant crop, Plant Registry displayed as a card type.

But when you researched the rotting stage (Giant or normal) it displayed that rotting stage (Giant or normal) instead.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.d69ca47bff85e699763dd0ff362beea1.png

image.thumb.png.933612610d51a42dcbb94be640d8efd3.png

28173927_FarmHype.thumb.jpg.2247810261cd0d6be678cd5ba5fa49eb.jpgYou should be able to switch to whichever stage or card and it saves does it not?

Also that's news to us beta testers, Giant rotting stage was a highly requested entry that wasn't there in the beta, didn't know it was added. Time to rot some giants and register them :3

I just wish we had an easier way of weighing the giant produce with the pocket scale as requested, don't think that is a thing unless it was sneakily added in too. In any case, it's a great update that is bringing the whole community together and I love it. The trailer is extra adorable with almost all characters interacting together.

12 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

New Streaming Drops!

We are adding the Winter Wardrobe to the Merrymaker Collection. For more information on streaming drops and how to get them, check out post here. 

wardrobe_yule_trio.png

Noooooooo! I missed the previous reward! This is a very beautiful reward! And I really want to get it! Is there a way to get previous reward? Maybe add the previous reward here?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2352b283d231a6a349ab5566e4a9c3ae.png

Maybe you should reconsider the method of receiving rewards? For example, to get an award now, you need to get previous awards. That is, to get the 5th reward, you need to watch a total of 30 hours on twitch. To get the 4th reward, you need to watch a total of 24 hours on twitch. And so on. So everyone can get rewarded at any time.

• Sad Dupe 2

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

You should be able to switch to whichever stage or card and it saves does it not?

From my play it's look like it's auto switch to the Giant's Rotting stage, don't know how to switch back if there is a way.

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Time to rot some giants

Here is all the giant's rotting stage, the normal rotting crops does grow back, but rotting giant crops don't.

Spoiler

Grown

image.png.45e83b845f7d4a0288be98501469d88d.png

Rotting stage

image.thumb.png.ca535fc926d3803947a0ccaf5fd3884e.png

P/s: The answer is MOD, incase some one wonder "How?!"

Edited by Psychomaniac

Nice update overall especially with the big crops, though I wish bunnymen drops aren't nerfed to an rng drop of carrot/meat/bunny puff. Not all players are using the new farm plots, and that nerf does lower the overall output from bunnymen hutch farm, especially as a reliable meat farm source.