"Reap What You Sow" Update Now Available!

Love to see Hambat, Garland, Seawreath and some other items be compostable. But I was thinking perhaps the Funcaps and Melon Hat could be compostable too? Sadly they are not, and I think it'd make sense as they are mainly composed of organic/edible materials

• Like 20
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

I couldn’t get on the forums for hours, I legit thought JoeW done banned me for the joke about him beating up frosty the snowman and taking his smoking pipe. 

The Wormwood and Wurt changes are the best thing ever.. now Neither of them need Umbrella or Eyebrella and that can be given to characters who need it more. (If Walani ever comes to DST can she have this perk as well? Being a surfer gal and all she shouldn’t mind a little rainfall.) I must now go demolish all my old farm types just to upgrade to the new versions!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't see anyone talking about this, but Compost Wrap and Growth formula now make wormwood go through a full blooming cycle. Considering that a  single super growth formula has 5 uses, this is a huge buff. Wormwood can probably stay blooming whenever they want now.

(wormwood can finally attract bees that don't want to kill him!)

Edited by pyroisshy
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

3 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

• Wormwood and Wurt will no longer suffer a sanity drain for being wet

Not sure if it's intentional or not but i would like to mention that Wurt and Wormwood are still affected by equipped wet items' high sanity drain, so in practice they're only immune to a really minimal sanity drain caused by having 100% wetness.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 8

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I couldn’t get on the forums for hours, I legit thought JoeW done banned me for the joke about him beating up frosty the snowman and taking his smoking pipe. 

The Wormwood and Wurt changes are the best thing ever.. now Neither of them need Umbrella or Eyebrella and that can be given to characters who need it more. (If Walani ever comes to DST can she have this perk as well? Being a surfer gal and all she shouldn’t mind a little rainfall.) I must now go demolish all my old farm types just to upgrade to the new versions!

they are immune to sanityh drain, but not to temperature drop when wet, so its better to keep that umbrella unless you want to freeze

26 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Not sure if it's intentional or not but i would like to mention that Wurt and Wormwood are still affected by equipped wet items' high sanity drain, so in practice they're only immune to a really minimal sanity drain caused by having 100% wetness.

looks like it is intentional since it says "from being wet" not "from having wet items equipped". now only walter is immune to the latter

They missed a opportunity for Woodie to scare the crows and Maxwell to have a ptsd session from the radio being played.:wilson_ecstatic:

All in all, fun update. Thanks for all the fun Christmas gifts before you go on vacation.

The community appreciates the fast tweaks you can do, Klei.

Credit to the composer of the short, I'm getting a Bob Fosse or John Kander. It's the small touches that makes me think of them. I don't hear those Fosse touches in the game's version of the track but the short has that touch.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Calanon said:

"Feeding a Bird in the Birdcage a veggie, will return one seed of the same plant."

I... really don't see the point of this, unless you really need to feed the bird what's even the point in feeding them plants now?

renew the spoiled

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Calanon said:

"Feeding a Bird in the Birdcage a veggie, will return one seed of the same plant."

I... really don't see the point of this, unless you really need to feed the bird what's even the point in feeding them plants now?

It used to have the potential to return more than one seed, it no longer does.

It used to be the most reliable way to propagate a particular fruit, now there are alternatives.

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Giant veggies can be waxed with Beeswax to preserve them forever.

Weighing giant veggies now adds a picture of the heaviest veggie you have weighed to the Plant Registry.

I have a few questions regarding this. Some of which I may just have missed in the beta.:

If they're displayed in the Produce Scales without being waxed, do they still spoil?

Can they be removed without destroying the Scale itself or by replacing it by a heavier crop?

"Weighing giant veggies now adds a picture of the heaviest veggie you have weighed to the Plant Registry."

Where exactly is this displayed? I can't seem to find it, if it's supposed to display the weight too.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Calanon said:

For early in the world, you can use it to reliably multiply seeds. and to make use of nearly spoiling crops to replant

• Like 1