Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

remember guys, wortox has examination quote about him
btw, YES. MORE FURRY

i translate word "Wurt" in google translate with detect language. and the result is a Frisian word for "Works"

image.thumb.png.d8c7a56b3daaab777a647569df35c431.png

Edited by Yukanur
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Swanky Psammead said:

Renewable merm houses would be A+ content addition imho. Easier mass production of Fish Cordon Bleu and Moqueca for Warly, plus powerful automated farms for everybody.

Yeeeeeeeeeeees, I wanted to yeet myself so hard everytime the Deerclops destroy a Merm House on my servers, this nightmare is (I hope) finally over !

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yukanur said:

remember guys, wortox has examination quote about him
btw, YES. MORE FURRY

i translate word "Wurt" in google translate with detect language. and the result is a Frisian word for "Works"

image.thumb.png.d8c7a56b3daaab777a647569df35c431.png

It's also just an uncommon Germanic given name with a few alternate spellings (Wort, Wert, Wyrt, etc.; anybody remember Wirt from Over the Garden Wall?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every new character we go further and further from the aesthetic of the game. Remember when the Don't Starve characters where actual people? Even with Webber, he's tame in comparison to what we have now.

I mean, I'm exited... I guess. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll even buy Wurt, I just play singleplayer nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Raspberry Shake said:

Every new character we go further and further from the aesthetic of the game. Remember when the Don't Starve characters where actual people? Even with Webber, he's tame in comparison to what we have now.

I mean, I'm exited... I guess. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll even buy Wurt, I just play singleplayer nowadays.

I don't know what you're talking about. Webber, WX-78, Wilbur, and Wortox were always in the files since the early Don't Starve Beta. This is the Don't Starve aesthetic. 

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 13

43 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Webber, WX-78, Wilbur, and Wortox were always in the files since the early Don't Starve Beta. This is the Don't Starve aesthetic. 

For reference:
webber.png.68080af1bc3a0feb26a7c897e6605936.pngwx.png.678dbcd3ca552f27ca045ee2d8cf264b.pngwilbur.png.a303849139c6e39fcc1990376cae3240.pngwortox.png.ddeacd9b68e4cd0d37f9977521e654a4.png
Webber and Wortox look especially different, but yep, these guys were designed really really early on. It's really interesting to me how Wilbur and Wortox weren't added until things lined up right for them to fit in.

• Like 21

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

This thread is only for the stuff that's actually in the game. No unreleased leaks here folks. :wilsondisapproving:

Ermm, you sure you're on the right thread? It's always been about leaked content, baseless speculation about what new additions might entail etc. etc.

Return of Data Mining, Speculating...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Ermm, you sure you're on the right thread? It's always been about leaked content, baseless speculation about what new additions might entail etc. etc.

Return of Data Mining, Speculating...

Only about discussions and leaked content that watermelen likes apparetly :wilsondisapproving:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

My guessing is Wurt is a character who escaped the gnaw and still retains goat-like characteristics. Due to his age, he is more like Mumsy than Billiam.

Wurt is Billy father, maybe?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Neutral_Steve said:

And what does it make you think Don't Starve Merms can actually swim? ˙͜>˙

Now I wish they could swim in sw :(

They can swim, it's implied.

They swam to the forest(?) and SW.
They don't actually swim in game, which is tragic, but seeing as how we're getting what seems to be a merm and the fact merms won't go on boats unlike pigs/rabbits there's a possibility both might be updated. Looking at you, Hounds.

Otherwise Sammy says the sick have taken off to the sea, implying they've swam away.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

The Speculation part I had to add because too many people were theorizing about stuff that was derailing the topic.

Speculating meant what certain stuff in the game files might've done or might do, an example of this would be the New Character lines, gnarwhale and otter. 

But I suppose if it's leading to more confusion I should just remove it then, eh?

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Only about discussions and leaked content that watermelen likes apparetly :wilsondisapproving:

No, it always has been, and always will be, about stuff that's in the game. You're more than welcome to discuss Wurt here once he's released, but until then, not here.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

-snip-

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. The datamined content aren't in the game. They're in the files sure, but not the game. And what about Malbatross for example? It was in the files but then got removed. Were we not supposed to talk about that?

If you don't want to talk about Wurt here that's fine, but I don't think this reason, this excuse, is valid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2