Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

Looks like there is some unused turf in DST. It's called jungle_turf and it seems to have been in the game files for a long time. 

turf01-20.png.3f2363e684cd280b2533112890476760.png

Given its existence in DST, I would guess that we should have had a jungle biome in DST. A lot of things with the prefix jungle were found in the DS NewHome files, which may hint that these things were supposed to be present in this biome. Among the jungle things there is Jungle Bush, Jungle Vines and Jungle Tree

Spoiler

Jungle_Bush_idle.gif.a1008d15023d81a18e1b919b6208e9c7.gifJungle_Vines.png.f397b2cf0e59b61d05b2177430d29968.pngJungle_Tree_Tall.png.6d74e0de7e03ea0f0c5902f73f016919.png

I also believe that Briar Bush, Curly Bush, Wubbin, Slipstor and Slips, Spring Snake, Brrrd (then this includes Pyre Nest) and Kator could be associated with this biome

I'm not sure if they weren't posted here, but the files also contain unused Spoons and Spinnerbaits

Spoiler

y_000.png.121448a5817f67d4a8bfd24eafbf718b.pngo_000.png.f4ebeeba6fe3a06bc86e3a1ac28ed119.pngw_000.png.ea86ab363e8c17f44139d291430c5a1f.pngYellow_Spoon_Dropped.png.88d46e5c19e8ca0039d137937a20f429.pngBrown_Spoon_Dropped.png.dabcc82576718310d81deb6a84f85ea5.pngSilver_Spoon_Dropped.png.848dd6f480e0917e1b1df037bea97542.png

Also unused Battle Stingers

Spoiler

battlesongs_01-5.png.c4b1cd8ad757888f0e14a0baa432e5bd.pngbattlesongs_01-6.png.1bb0486d66bfe1685bd37874a98cb016.png

• Like 9
  • Sanity 2

6 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Looks like there is some unused turf in DST. It's called jungle_turf and it seems to have been in the game files for a long time. 

This one is definitely from Hamlet DLC.

6 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Jungle Vines

I remember seeing this one in Hamlet's unused features.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deerclops Mika said:

It is very similar to Dense Turf, but is not it. I guess...

It looks similar to jungle turf on the ground. The item? Not really.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 9:19 PM, Hornete said:

Hello friends! Today I have data mining to share different from the usual as it is from a whole other game!

Today, Wizard with a Gun released, and interestingly enough in it's assets there is seemingly a concept banner for a Don't Starve DLC (DLC for Wizard with a Gun so far is just like with DST, purely cosmetic packs)

It is in a very placeholder-y state, it could be unfinished, it could be unpitched, it could be unused. But it could mean potentially another crossover for DS/T ( That is if they decide to participate, could always be a TF2 situation where cosmetics were implemented in that game while DS didn't do anything special on its end )

Or it goes nowhere, who knows! Can only wait for time to pass and see. Don't overhype yourselves.

There is a similar banner sprite for Cult of the Lamb, if you like that game too!

image.thumb.png.a2d15bffd1c1a9966d27ecf26f69c41e.png

Half of the prophecy has been fulfilled today as Cult of the Lamb did get it's small crossover with Wizard with a Gun. With Wizard with a gun getting a small cosmetics pack if you own both games!

The 'Don't Starve' placeholder-esque banner remains the same however. Nothing new there.

• Like 7

On 1/24/2024 at 11:43 PM, Hornete said:

Half of the prophecy has been fulfilled today as Cult of the Lamb did get it's small crossover with Wizard with a Gun. With Wizard with a gun getting a small cosmetics pack if you own both games!

CotL also added 2 new dst-themed decorations: the glommer statue and a beefalo skeleton. Dunno why they weren't included in the og crossover update

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

CotL also added 2 new dst-themed decorations: the glommer statue and a beefalo skeleton. Dunno why they weren't included in the og crossover update

Were these recently added? I don't play the game myself, but I have seen these in the files during the initial crossover. Interesting if so!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Were these recently added? I don't play the game myself, but I have seen these in the files during the initial crossover. Interesting if so!

Yeah, in the newest update

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Yeah, in the newest update

It would be cool to see all the objects from COTL referencing Don't Starve. Because I never found an image of them on the Internet without a background. There isn't even any information about them on the official COTL wiki.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deerclops Mika said:

In the fig files there is such a model. Is it somehow used in the game? Because I see it for the first time

fig1-2.png.43e88ad64a5214300fc80b17070dda13.png

I don't think it's used (were figs supposed to rot like fish do? Instead of rot you get mush)but what's the name of this sprite?

Edited by gamehun20

5 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

In the fig files there is such a model. Is it somehow used in the game? Because I see it for the first time

fig1-2.png.43e88ad64a5214300fc80b17070dda13.png

It's been in there since the release, I remember seeing it then. It's currently unused, however.

3 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

but what's the name of this sprite?

Unlike most other unused things, this sprite doesn't even have its own folders or animations. It's simply "fig1-2".

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:37 PM, Deerclops Mika said:

Does anyone know how I can see the type of food using game files?

there are 3 files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\scripts.zip\scripts

preparedfoods.lua

preparedfoods_warly.lua

preparednonfoods.lua

listing the details of every crock pot dish

Hi, I am currently working on a widget to display the boss I've killed on my stream.

I've found animated GIF for most of the bosses of the game, but I cannot find some of them.

Can anybody find me the following one or tell me how I can do to find them by myself ?

Missing GIFs:

• Bearger
  • Deerclops
  • Dragonfly
  • Shadow Pieces
  • Treeguard
  • Caves Fuelweaver
  • Forest Fuelweaver
  • Palm Treeguard
  • Quacken
  • Large Iron Hulk

Junk Yard and Scrapy Werepig seem was planned generate on lunar island rocky beach.

The game only detects and ensures that the Junk Yard generated correctly when rocky beach exists.

This is actually not a bad idea, I don't think anyone will like it in Moonstone Forest. Although it does weird if Wagstaff leave a junkyard on Lunar Island.

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

I don't think anyone will like it in Moonstone Forest

I like it spawning in the forest. Is a junk yard so i think it fits to be polluting a green area

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I like it spawning in the forest. Is a junk yard so i think it fits to be polluting a green area

Yeah, I like that too.

It's now spawn in moonstone/mactusk forest, pig village forest, mandrake/living log tree Forest, or pig king forest in the classic biome setting.

I only feel puzzled about this one, because not only is it where the base is usually built, but it's also the one with the most POI of these biomes.:chargrined:

Edited by Cassielu

On 3/5/2024 at 11:54 AM, Nucktrooper said:

Hi, I am currently working on a widget to display the boss I've killed on my stream.

I've found animated GIF for most of the bosses of the game, but I cannot find some of them.

Can anybody find me the following one or tell me how I can do to find them by myself ?

Missing GIFs:

• Bearger
  • Deerclops
  • Dragonfly
  • Shadow Pieces
  • Treeguard
  • Caves Fuelweaver
  • Forest Fuelweaver
  • Palm Treeguard
  • Quacken
  • Large Iron Hulk

I've uploaded some animations:

• Thanks 1

I have a request, and it's weird one, but hear me out.

Can somebody please get me a text file with all characters' quotes, one quote per line (if a single file is too hard, then just one file per character)? I have a weird project.

On 3/11/2024 at 3:54 PM, Cassielu said:

most POI of these biomes.:chargrined:

I agree, for example a regular savannah biome sometimes generates the stage and it ends up feeling so barren while other biomes are often full of life, even a regular forest ends up more alive with the pigmen combating spiders.

It'd be nice to see more pois in savannahs or grasslands in the future

• Like 1