Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Calm down. As Zeklo said those requests are a good way of keeping the thread from being burried. 

Plus I don't mind seeing animations that minespatch requests

So that can be off topic but Wurt can't? Yall hypocrites

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cuikui said:

flopping.png.b4fbc04213bf0730b6d2e4f66a55b467.pngflopping.png.a43968fe63794e3fed4cb42c621ea981.png

Off topic to a fashion, but I severely hope these aren't the fish Wurt has to carry around.
I can 100% understand it being the case but seeing as how they die when dropped it'd be a bit weird, and I'd much rather something new and hopefully interactive.

Edited by -Variant

38 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Off topic to a fashion, but I severely hope these aren't the fish Wurt has to carry around.
I can 100% understand it being the case but seeing as how they die when dropped it'd be a bit weird, and I'd much rather something new and hopefully interactive.

I really don’t want to go off-topic, but here’s my prediction:

The way they capitalize “Pet Fish” makes me think that it’s a special item to her, and it probably gives her sanity.

Again sorry for going off-topic, just wanted to say that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

They do die after being caught, and I think that's the idea. Wurt is young, innocent, and mermified, she probably doesn't realize that fish can't breathe air and that her "pets" are dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

They do die after being caught, and I think that's the idea. Wurt is young, innocent, and mermified, she probably doesn't realize that fish can't breathe air and that her "pets" are dead.

hjoy, mr. hjiggsbury, whjere is my pet fjish?

*wilson trying not to puke after eating said fish covered in merm-sweat*

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Haha 11

they use krane + spriter

krane is part of nsimplex's ktools, which isn't a perfect decompiler, but it's the only one out there

krane produces spriter projects (assets + scml file), which spriter can view, edit, or extract into png sequences or gif animations

when i say krane isn't perfect, this is what i mean:

image.png.7a60be102732e9ea9d96523c9f38502f.png

edit: here's a download for ktools, here's how to use krane, and here's a download for spriter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

I'm curious what they use to assemble them into a gif.

This reply isn't going to be really useful, but Spriter has a feature that lets you turn whatever animation you're viewing into a gif.

It's like... REALLY wonky for me, Melen can do it better because for whatever reason my computer hates using Spriter and only about 20% of the times I open spriter the gif option appears for me, and it's even rarer to get it working.
Like the feature is there in spriter, but my computer tries to summon Klaus or whatever when I try to use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, -Variant said:

This reply isn't going to be really useful, but Spriter has a feature that lets you turn whatever animation you're viewing into a gif.

It's like... REALLY wonky for me, Melen can do it better

Plus you need the full version in order to batch export, which I abuse frequently. :wilson_goodjob:

But I use APNGs because for some reason Spriter exports GIFs at a snail's pace, and the quality bugs the heck outta me.

spriter's gif export feature seems to be unstable in general

i think it's better to export them into a sequence of png images then just use imagick/ffmpeg/whatever to turn them into a gif or video

you can use ezgif.com if you don't want to install anything

edit: apparently batch export is a spriter pro feature, but iirc it's not too hard to unlock spriter's pro features

Edited by Jessie223
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

I'm curious what they use to assemble them into a gif.

I use APNGASM.

1 minute ago, Jessie223 said:

spriter's gif export feature seems to be unstable in general

i think it's better to export them into a sequence of png images then just use imagick/ffmpeg/whatever to turn them into a gif or video

you can use ezgif.com if you don't want to download anything

You still have to download the image. :wilson_sneaky:

On 10/19/2019 at 7:59 PM, engiSonic said:

oh boy, petty arguments, the klei forum aesthetic

Can I get an animation for the salt formations regrowing?

I'll get on that as soon as I can.

Currently recovering from a nasty fall, but I'll do what I can asap. :wilson_goodjob:

• Sad 2

On 10/19/2019 at 7:59 PM, engiSonic said:

Can I get an animation for the salt formations regrowing?

There doesn't appear to be any animation for the salt pillar regrowing...

Edit: Never mind I was using an old version of the salt pillar. :wilson_facepalm:

Spoiler

salt_pillar.thumb.png.497084887c8be4c323ea60e1c36f4909.pngsalt_pillar2.thumb.png.760fba6ea60c60e1caea0108012b8226.pngsalt_pillar3.thumb.png.a57faf0efcfee5df7330e0a89cdc1357.png

Once again, second verse same as the first, the forum's being unruly doesn't want to auto play these for some reason, so you'll have to click it to see it move. :wilson_goodjob:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1