Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, SonicDen220 said:

What happens if you hop on a boat while Antlion's warnings are happening? Are you gonna get sinkholes next time you go on land or are you gonna cancel them completely?

I think she'll likely wreck the land closest to you. I don't know about sailing away from the shore in time, though.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:38 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Okay seriously the menu music is starting to drive me insane now.. when is WintersFeast going to be turned off for Consoles? :wilson_cry:

I love this event so much I had to use a mod to keep it playing on my menu. Even with the Klaus, Wilson and Willow background too.
But about your question, didn't they say they'll turn it off earlier? I guess we could wait and see if they'll change it once January ends.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 2:15 PM, Baguettes said:

I think she'll likely wreck the land closest to you. I don't know about sailing away from the shore in time, though.

Indeed. I might have accidentally caused property damage to Pearl, but thankfully she was cool with it. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

As a wormwood main: "Why wont food fill my ❤?"

Im so lonely...

Every character has strengths and weaknesses, they have things they’re good at and things they’re not so good at..

Wormwood is not so good at healing (well he wasn’t until the RWYS update where stacks of 40 rots can easy heal him) he heals by using fertilizer, rot, composting bin using tent, using siesta lean-to

its just something that makes his character more unique and less more of the same old playstyle as everyone else.

• Potato Cup 2

27 minutes ago, Toutan said:

I've read that Wurt has recently become immune to sanity loss from wetness, but I was wondering, do slippery tools still have a chance to slip, and can she still get cold from wetness?

She always was inmune to slippery because his froggy hands but you will freeze if you are wet

What i do, since winter starts, i put in my inventory a scorch fish and refresh it when needed until spring becames a little more warm so you dont need to stop to warm a thermal stone 

• Thanks 1

I know it’s a small thing to nitpick at but is there any way at all that Seafishing can have more in-depth mechanics? Something similar to Red Dead Online fishing where you need to hook the fish yourself and reel in the right direction without the fish pulling too much tension on the line & snapping it.

Speaking of line: Can I get a small graphical update where you actually see the fishing line? Just throwing out the bobber and reeling it in on an invisible string is really breaking the immersion of fishing.

some sensitive personal stuff in spoiler:

Spoiler

My grandfathers favorite thing to do in the whole world was to fish, he loved doing it in real life, and in fishing simulator games: I have no doubt in my mind if he was still alive today he would be right behind my shoulder watching me play saying how accurate or inaccurate it was to the real deal. He was super picky about that stuff too like “those type of fish aren’t going to be in that area of the water this unrealistic! Etc.” He probably would’ve loved RDO fishing because he grew up in the area of stage coaches, horses, small country towns etc.. I miss that man every day he was my best friend.

So can we get slightly deeper fishing mechanics & a realistic fishing line that pulls and tugs with the fishies? :wilson_love:

Is there any easier or more efficient way to get charcoal other than burning down a ton of trees in a safe area? Need lots of it for gunpowder and I regularly get/farm a ton of rotten eggs and nitre while doing other activities but its always the charcoal I am low on or need to dedicate the most time to specifically gathering.

9 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Is there any easier or more efficient way to get charcoal other than burning down a ton of trees in a safe area? Need lots of it for gunpowder and I regularly get/farm a ton of rotten eggs and nitre while doing other activities but its always the charcoal I am low on or need to dedicate the most time to specifically gathering.

A Krampus farm could be useful, but I'm not sure how efficient it would be for producing charcoal. 

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

I find if you burn the pine trees when they are in their 1st growth phase they routinely produce more then the 2nd or 3rd growth stage. So try to plant all at once in a safe area. Wait a half to full day till all are small and burn. Just try to watch out for loose pieces falling and burning . You should get a bit more then what you normally harvest.

14 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

If you kill Glommer really hard he can spawn dozens or even hundreds of Krampii at the same time. Not sure if killing dozens of Krampii would be faster or not but it'd certainly be cooler.

If I remember right you get him stuck in a box with a fence gate and shoot the fance gate in a certain way with blowdarts, then when you open the gate he dies so hard he spawns a lot of Krampii.

Edited by Cheggf

2 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

Why do people still call Maxwell "Waxwell"?

I understand in the original that he was called Waxwell in the files to separate him from the NPC but why call him that outside of the original DS?

define "people"

because in my experience I've never seen anyone call them waxwell

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

Why do people still call Maxwell "Waxwell"?

I understand in the original that he was called Waxwell in the files to separate him from the NPC but why call him that outside of the original DS?

it's kinda funny and depending on the maxwell you play with the nickname waxy comes up XD or at least that is how it was on pubs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

Where do we ask if we have a character idea that you want to share to Klei since they said "1 new DLC character" and want to suggest an idea for a character you'd like.

if they announce that a dlc character will come is because they already have done it or they have most of the work done

you can use suggestion and feedback if you want to suggest something

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

So maybe I’m just crazy... but does anyone else see a lot of floating heads? ... maybe it’s a sign of something.

yeah I see them too. But probably is nothing worring, just feed them some chips.