Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

4 minutes ago, Baguettes said:

How does the sandstorm-wildfire mechanics connect again?

One guy told me that things inside the sandstorm would not smolder even if a player is outside the sandstorm.
I thought it checks for players whether they’re in the sandstorm or not, instead of checking for objects. Gonna need a lua digger to find this out....

i dont know about how works the code but i can confirm that items inside a sand storm will smoulder if the player is outside 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e0b3360aed4775e924edc8fd0ff323b9.png

• Sad Dupe 4

I have two questions:

Can you use Weather Pains to destroy Sea Stacks efficiently? Will you be risking them damaging your boat or so long as you cast them at the max range you can from the Sea Stack is this safe? I am swimming in Weather Pains from a Volt Goat farm and this would be super handy and would save me using up precious Strident Tridents.

Is there anything neat or inventive you can do with the Stage Hand (the actual living moving one) other than getting the blue print and having a creepy buddy? If not I might pen mine in someone in my base instead.

You can cheese Klaus with stagehand (only real one) with it next to loot stash, so he wouldn't be able to jump towards you in the second phase. Positioning requires some practice though, since it should be close enough to loot stash to block Klaus, but not too cloose, so it doesn't block you. You can do the same cheese strategy using lureplant, but if you dodge from fire attack too late, it will burn, and as far as I know, Abigail attacks lureplant with AoE, so you will need different approach to the fight as Wendy. Stagehand doesn't have theese drawbacks

Edited by Pig Princess

12 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

You can cheese Klaus with stagehand (only real one) with it next to loot stash, so he wouldn't be able to jump towards you in the second phase. Positioning requires some practice though, since it should be close enough to loot stash to block Klaus, but not too cloose, so it doesn't block you. You can do the same cheese strategy using lureplant, but if you dodge from fire attack too late, it will burn, and as far as I know, Abigail attacks lureplant with AoE, so you will need different approach to the fight as Wendy. Stagehand doesn't have theese drawbacks

Abigail's AoE is actually kind of selective. It won't hit things she is not aggro'd onto. So if you keep Abigail soothed during the fight, she will hit Klaus but leave the lureplant unharmed.

Yes, soothing will help with targeting lureplant (apparently I saw selectivity to targeting bees, even though they defend each other and aggro on her should she attack one bee in close proximity); but there is another problem: she is slow and deers target her with spells for some reason, so what likely will happen is fire deer will cast spell, you will dodge successfully, but Abigail won't, she won't take fire damage, sure, but fire circle will ignite lureplant nearby, whereas stagehand is safe in that regard. Also to deal with krampii it is better to rile up Abigail, and she might kill lureplant first.

Edit: vigor mortis might help with lureplant variant, but if possible, it is generally better to use small/big heal elixirs on Abigail in this fight.

Edit 2: I think I remember Abigail targeting lureplant because auto-attack often targets lureplant instead of Klaus, so even if I fake-attacked lureplant Abigail tryes to kill it anyway, and after that lureplant is technically aggroed on her, so she continues to target it with AoE. I might misremember something since I do this fight in a different way as Wendy for the long time.

Edited by Pig Princess

3 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

I have two questions:

Can you use Weather Pains to destroy Sea Stacks efficiently? Will you be risking them damaging your boat or so long as you cast them at the max range you can from the Sea Stack is this safe? I am swimming in Weather Pains from a Volt Goat farm and this would be super handy and would save me using up precious Strident Tridents.

Is there anything neat or inventive you can do with the Stage Hand (the actual living moving one) other than getting the blue print and having a creepy buddy? If not I might pen mine in someone in my base instead.

Yes but dont use them if the sea stack is too close to your boat, destroy them from distance or the tornado could aim your structures. And use it in the edge of your boat since in his path the tornado, sometimes, deals damage so, after many uses, a structure that was in their path could be destroyed

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Lemoncello said:

Does all lunar islands have three celestial fissures in a triangular manner? Is it considered a certain set piece?

I think one of the devs said it was a setpiece, but it isnt really hard to find a triangle so you can just place the lunar altars and see if it works

• Like 1

Why does the way other people play this game matter AT ALL to people they probably have no interest in ever playing with anyway?

Let people play their way, & you play yours and get over it already.

Unless YOU are directly playing with these people and what they are doing is hindering your own enjoyment of the game.. why should you care how people want to play?

Spoiler

D46EDC64-C192-4F0C-B5DF-DBF0AFB4E756.thumb.jpeg.7ead3ce4381fd86d990155b6bfbb5b21.jpeg

37D88895-496C-4F85-B01E-51D8A56BAD1E.thumb.jpeg.0021f79968388650710c49b5e2b6d164.jpeg

This Spoiler image showcases to drastically different ways of playing the game... and this is something that is currently ONGOING in BETA for the next Game Update- 

why do you care at all who sets there worlds to “Never spawn Sanity monsters” or “Tons more harder Sanity Monsters”?

Lets do away with the meta, the ego’s, the insults, and for once let people play their own way. Alright? Alright then. 

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why does the way other people play this game matter AT ALL to people they probably have no interest in ever playing with anyway?

Let people play their way, & you play yours and get over it already.

Unless YOU are directly playing with these people and what they are doing is hindering your own enjoyment of the game.. why should you care how people want to play?

Hide contents

D46EDC64-C192-4F0C-B5DF-DBF0AFB4E756.thumb.jpeg.7ead3ce4381fd86d990155b6bfbb5b21.jpeg

37D88895-496C-4F85-B01E-51D8A56BAD1E.thumb.jpeg.0021f79968388650710c49b5e2b6d164.jpeg

This Spoiler image showcases to drastically different ways of playing the game... and this is something that is currently ONGOING in BETA for the next Game Update- 

why do you care at all who sets there worlds to “Never spawn Sanity monsters” or “Tons more harder Sanity Monsters”?

Lets do away with the meta, the ego’s, the insults, and for once let people play their own way. Alright? Alright then. 

it doesnt matter if people who doesnt know how works the game dont give missinformation and discuss for entire pages without being right

to take your example: nobody should care if someone plays without sanity monsters but that players shouldnt come here saying that being insane have no ingame impact aswell as someone who plays with sanity monster to tons shouldnt come here saying that insanity is so difficult

you are using a lot this topic to cry about other topics, i dont think it was create for this

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 7
  • Shopcat 1

I didn’t think people came to the general discussion section of a forum to find information, they usually come to a forum to discuss the game/their experiences with it, and not actual wiki proven facts

If a player who hasn’t played Dont Starve since the return of Them started came here and said the ocean is cardboard ocean and you can’t sail on it so this must be a Mod..

Would their opinion be wrong? Of course it would be, but should they be hounded by everyone on the forum about it for not knowing every little update since they last played? Absolutely not: it’s just toxic bad forum behavior to criticize others knowledge or lack-thereof about the game.

It could potentially discourage that player from even wanting to come to these overly aggressive forums at all. 

But should the opinions of people stating things like “Wavey Jones is too difficult please Nerf him..” should their opinions NOT Matter? 

Klei Certainly didn’t see things that way and gave Wavey a swift nerfing.

In the end Klei probably values all feedback of each particular type of player- Some folks may only be able to invest an hour or so a day into playing, others may spend 6+ hours in a session but should the opinions of EITHER of those two groups of players be devalued or dismissed?

Should say: Someone who wants bosses to have a difficulty slider to be faster & easier to deal with possibly due to several factors: Lack of skill, lack of game knowledge, lack of time to invest into preparation of resources & setup costs to successfully enjoy this content.. should Their opinions & values, and Valid concerns about their personal enjoyment of the game/it’s features be dismissed simply because for example: YOU think those same features are too easy, need to be adjusted to be more difficult, etc?

Even more so in a time where Klei is actively updating and expanding upon their game so players of various ages, skills, time able to be invested into a play session,  can actively play and enjoy the product they purchased?

I think that the takeaway from all this is that Misinformation: Can give Klei a perspective that they possibly hadn’t even considered-

Should someone with bad bladder problems simply NOT play DST because there’s no way of actually having a “vote to pause” function? Should the only options for that player always be to exit their game back to the main menu every time they need to get up to use the bathroom, or stick to the single player game that actual has a pause button? Or should Klei expand the games capabilities by looking into allowing said overly active bladder players features like Global Pause?

Should the opinion of a player who says the Thermal Stone is your one stop shop survival tool for both Winter Freezing & Summer Overheating- should their opinion be dismissed because new players to the game don’t know how to properly maintain that thermal?

What about people who play on Random or longer season durations? Should their opinions that the Thermal is their saving grace be dismissed as well?

And if said thermal is that good: Should Klei even bother doing QoL updates to improve the usefulness and value of lesser used items like Rabbits Earmuffs or protective clothing items?

Using Rabbit Earmuffs as an example- Klei not too long ago removed those from needing to be learned at a crafting station to help players who join a world in Winter to not immediately die & have a chance of surviving- But... NOW with the Upcoming Update this Month: Players spawn with survival resources already in their inventory.

What was the point of removing them from the Crafting Tab if they were just later going to make players spawn in with those items already in their possession?

My point here is that people don’t usually come to forums for accurate 100% unflawed Information- They usually come to forums to discuss things they would like to see done to and for the game/the games community that will improve their satisfaction with the game.

If you want my PERSONAL Opinion: having an option to completely turn off insanity monsters goes against everything the Dont Starve Franchise stands for, but yet here we are: That’s a thing and it’s happening.. and I’m not going to complain to the people who will enjoy playing the game without those features enabled that they’re playing the game the wrong way.. Who am I to judge what they do/do not enjoy?

Yes: Klei obviously designs cool content designed around default play settings such as the cool lunar grotto shadow vs gestalt wars, The previously mentioned Wavey Jones, and the TerrorClaw horror at Sea, & I am very curious as to how toggling “None” will impact all that- But maybe just maybe...

The person who wants to set those things to “None” just wants an Autumn only world where they can peacefully build the largest most creative Carrat Race Courses of their Wildest Imagination.

And look I know it’s a far cry from what Dont Starve/DST originally started out as: But as long as Klei can later reinforce those original features (aka harder modes or Sanity Monsters set to “Tons”) Then I personally couldn’t careless how others want to enjoy their game.

What I DO Care about however is seeing newer forum members being jumped on because of their Misinformation about the game/games features.

As this post now hopefully points out: Klei can use those players opinions (however wrong or inaccurate they may be..) To see their game from a viewpoint they possibly never even considered themselves.

We should come together as a whole to expand the enjoyment and accessibility of this game and franchise in every possible way that Klei seems to be a Worthwhile investment of their time & resources.. Instead of Saying “I’m right, your wrong” Maybe perhaps we should say “Hey cool, thanks for your input (offer tips & suggestions) but at the same time seriously VALUE & Consider that persons Input, because after all- Isn’t what everyone here on these forums & everyone working at Klei’s ultimate goal we all (hopefully) want to see happen is this game growing, expanding & thriving like it’s never done before?

We can’t reach that point: Without valuing the players who want “None” Options for Sanity Monsters or “Tons more Harder Sanity Monsters”

Thank you if you actually took the time to read this post. Hopefully you enjoyed it? :wilson_love::wickerbottomthanks:

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The thing is that if someone come asking " is 2 wendys viable?" you cant go and said "you will have a bad time fighting dragonfly without walls because lavae kills abi" when lavaes doesnt atack abigail and wendy with abi shines in that fight just because in other post you wanted to have right in the topic of wendy not being op and being bad at fighting bosses. Is giving miss information and confusing people. If you dont know about something is better to close the mouth or talk about what you know not just talk because talking. People come for advices not to hear fake information. But you expect to say wrong things all the time and people be happy with that. I dong support how some bitter user with sad lifes answere you but that doesnt mean i support how you just split wrong facts to be right

The wendy example is the last one but there was many in this last 2 years

Edit: i just wanted to clarify this. Your way of play doesnt matter but your way of talk does if you set personal opinion as wrong facts but i dont want to argue with you neither make offtopic 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
I added things
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1

I have to admit that Mike’s posts are currently my main source of gossip, I’m just sipping tea and eating scones (Not trying to be rude, I find some of your posts interesting, but they are having the opposite effect you desire).

From my understanding, you believe players should not care over other people’s game style as they will most likely ignore it and act the way they want and your evidence is that players who do care are overly rude, insult others, I have to admit that is hypocritical, as in your second post you ramble about how many settings are against Don’t Starves’s vibes, and I agree, playing without some of the difficulty takes off many of the aspects that makes Don’t Starve what it is, but even so, you state that players who remove certain features of the game are playing it wrong, and isn’t that what play styles are?

Another point I believe you are wrong about is that players who come to Forums, or at least General are not looking for information, I’ve been to the forums for a week, and in that time I’ve been an annoying person, asking every question I could think of, to not only gather information but to also see people’s take on what they would do. 

Your posts, while having some interesting things in it, are mainly complaints and rambles, and even more you are doing it at unassociated threads, why would a thread that says “Questions that don’t deserve their own thread” exist if not to ask questions players couldn’t find on the wiki?

ArubaroBeefalo goes over a great example over the 2 Wendy’s viability, the opinions are not wrong, but the way it was inserted is, the player who asked the question did not want comments going over how Wendy will not be able to fight X boss, but that if compatible, what aspects of the game would be greatly improved or affected by it. 

I’m sorry if I mistook or read certain points of your post wrong, this is what I believe I understood of it as well as what I think about it. I’m not trying to create a argument, as I believe you do have some things that are somewhat right in my perspective.

• Like 5

Strictly speaking about balance or strategies should be accounted for default settings, because it's what the majority of servers run on.

If you're going to lay hot takes and want your opinion to be heard about topics that you're not experiencing the same as other people, it simply makes no sense.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lemoncello said:

From my understanding, you believe players should not care over other people’s game style as they will most likely ignore it and act the way they want and your evidence is that players who do care are overly rude, insult others, I have to admit that is hypocritical

More than that when he is always talking about how some players "enjoy peacefully building" in a despective way because he enjoys "uncompromising survival" when a lot of that peacefully builders go to dangerous places and fight bosses that he ignores to for being difficult meanwhile surviving, even with random season, is just based in wearing eyebrella/thermal stone. That is hypocritical when later he comes to complain about what he does 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Peacefully builders go to dangerous places and fight bosses that he ignores to for being difficult meanwhile surviving.

*Vietnamese Flashbacks Ensues” I just fought Toadstool.... on console, it’s to early for reminders ;-;

• Haha 2