Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Why when I ask actual questions every single one of those questions get ignored and I instead get peoples views/opinions?

This threads for asking questions, my last post asked quite a good deal of them, and no one, not even a forum moderator or Klei Developer bothered to step in and answer the questions I provided. Why is this?

Are the questions I asked not worded into a way that they could be answered as Questions?

Edited by Mike23Ua

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why when I ask actual questions every single one of those questions get ignored and I instead get peoples views/opinions?

This threads for asking questions, my last post asked quite a good deal of them, and no one, not even a forum moderator or Klei Developer bothered to step in and answer the questions I provided. Why is this?

Are the questions I asked not worded into a way that they could be answered as Questions?

It's hard to spot the 5% question inside all that pile of 95% off-topic complaining

Can you post the questions again in a few lines?

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Is possible to encage a krampus? I was thinking about making a little square with walls but i dont know if they need a bait or if they could eventually despawn

Ive seen people do it in megabase tours, but Im not sure how to do it

Youtube shows this though

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does Anyone else hope that the QoL update does NOT come out anytime soon & Instead Klei waits till the last Thursday of the Month to release it fully?

I like to think that the longer it’s in development the better it’ll be.

(plus I kinda like seeing the Devs Beta update notes to see what all they change/add prior to full release.)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Does Anyone else hope that the QoL update does NOT come out anytime soon & Instead Klei waits till the last Thursday of the Month to release it fully?

(plus I kinda like seeing the Devs Beta update notes to see what all they change/add prior to full release.)

As much as I can't argue with your logic nah, I really want it this week. I'm pretty psyched for this update.

• Health 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I dont think so, I think a dev said itd come out earlier in march, and there havent been many updates to the beta recently so its probably almost finished

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well, your questions seem to be more sort of rhetorical/philsophical type things (at least, going by the ones in your last post that had a lot of them) rather than what people normally expect when they come here, which is, if I had to guess, one of the following:

1.  "How does Game Mechanic A work?"/"Does Game Mechanic A work Way A, or Way B?" or...  (so in other words, people ARE coming here to get proven facts from the wiki. Or...sometimes information esoteric enough that it _isn't ON the Wiki yet_.)

2.  Silly "questions" that are actually jokes for da memez.

But (cracks knuckles) let's see if I can answer any of your questions anyway!

--No, it would not be okay to yell at someone thinking that the new sailable ocean is a mod, but I would very much expect to see a lot of "WOW, how long have YOU been gone?????" comments.  But as long as people weren't _mean_ about it... (I mean, I once knew somebody who had literally played summer SO LITTLE, they assumed the entothermic firepit was a mod!  But I didn't _yell_ at them about that.)

--The opinions of people who want things to be easier OR harder, who play a lot or a little, etc. are equally valid, as long as they're all polite about it. We've had many cases on these forums where people were like, giving Klei ULTIMATUMS!! and saying that "This thing MUST be changed to THIS WAY, right now!" as if it was a physical law of the universe and not just their opinion.  As long as one doesn't do that, it's fine.  (And if you DO, I personally will just roll my eyes and ignore you.)

--As for a player telling others that thermal stones are THE way to beat harsh temperatures...well they'd be wrong but not checking the wiki first isn't an excuse to jump on people.  (But if people did, again, I wouldn't be surprised--one of the internet's main jobs, it seems, is to be The Choir Pedantic. Correcting people who are Wrong on the Internet is a worldwide popular sport!)

Spoiler

Myself I still think they shouldn't've been nerfed and that was the first thing I used a mod for, but that's just me...and yes, meteors for renewable rocks and yes, sewing kits, but they still break fast enough to be annoying and why can you sew a rock but not a football helmet that has ACTUAL VISIBLE STITCHES in its picture?!  Yeah, I know, Don't Starve and real-world logic aren't exactly friends, but still...  #denerfthermalstones 

Oh--also I am aware that they can't turn the OTHER temperature over time the way they did in regular DS. The worst they get in DST is grey.  Myself, _I_ would be willing to deal with my thermal turning orange in the summer or blue in the winter in exchange for not having to worry about durability. But that's just me.  I have an especially low tolerance for high-maintainence, "babysitty" mechanics. They're just...ugh.

The "rabbit earmuffs got changed to not need a science machine" vs. "now you can get them for free if you join in the winter" thing strkes me as...frankly a bit of an oopsie.  I think maybe that when they made that one change, the other wasn't on the drawing board yet, and it's a coincidence they ended up being so close together in time. But that's just a hunch.

...Notorious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Logically that makes sense yes.

But there's no guarantee it has to be true. A product that takes longer to ship can also mean a lack of motivation and/or poor management.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Myself I still think they shouldn't've been nerfed and that was the first thing I used a mod for, but that's just me...and yes, meteors for renewable rocks and yes, sewing kits, but they still break fast enough to be annoying and why can you sew a rock but not a football helmet that has ACTUAL VISIBLE STITCHES in its picture?!  Yeah, I know, Don't Starve and real-world logic aren't exactly friends, but still...  #denerfthermalstones 

They were buffed a lot. Single player thermal stones doesnt last that much in their hot/cold status and they can be warm in summer and cold in winter making them give the opposite effect that is wanted

In dst they last a lot, they dont get cold/warm by ambience temperature and doesnt break if you dont let them go to gray status. They are OP

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

They were buffed a lot. Single player thermal stones doesnt last that much in their hot/cold status and they can be warm in summer and cold in winter making them give the opposite effect that is wanted

In dst they last a lot, they dont get cold/warm by ambience temperature and doesnt break if you dont let them go to gray status. They are OP

were they sewable in ds1? (lmao)

2 hours ago, SkepticnotCynic said:

They do! Around the oasis every summer if they are picked, along with 3 fireflies. You can't plant them on the ground alone, but you can fish up a blueprint of the potted succulent thing in the oasis, which allows you to craft a decoration item with them.

he is talking about the plants that ponds have as decoration meanwhile you are talking about the suculent flowers that grows in the oasis

Pond | Don't Starve Wiki | FandomCaves & Ruins | Don't Starve & DST Mega Guide | Basically Average

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2