Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Can someone actually explain a Volt Goat + Anenome Farm or link me to a guide?

I don't understand it, I get the Anenomes kill the Goats offscreen and that you need a safety goat to respawn the herd away from anenomes, how though do you get the safety goat to respawn the herd where you actually need it on top of the anenomes in whatever pen you made etc?

Wouldn't they respawn outside of the pen you made or wherever they can and ruin the farm?

34 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Can someone actually explain a Volt Goat + Anenome Farm or link me to a guide?

I don't understand it, I get the Anenomes kill the Goats offscreen and that you need a safety goat to respawn the herd away from anenomes, how though do you get the safety goat to respawn the herd where you actually need it on top of the anenomes in whatever pen you made etc?

Wouldn't they respawn outside of the pen you made or wherever they can and ruin the farm?

Basically, once you send the safety goat away, it will always be trying to go back to the heard's original place, due to how moving heard's work. Since the safety goat will keep the heard existing, more goats will keep spawning to complete the heard in the original spot. Then you fence off the heard's spawn and plant the anenemies. Goats respawn off screen and anenemies can work off screen, so you got yourself an automatic farm. That's how I understand it at least.

Here's the video I watched about it:

https://youtu.be/xAtcFVhD8VQ

Edited by PeiperPires
Needed a link
  • Like 3
  • Sanity 1

44 minutes ago, PeiperPires said:

Basically, once you send the safety goat away, it will always be trying to go back to the heard's original place, due to how moving heard's work. Since the safety goat will keep the heard existing, more goats will keep spawning to complete the heard in the original spot. Then you fence off the heard's spawn and plant the anenemies. Goats respawn off screen and anenemies can work off screen, so you got yourself an automatic farm. That's how I understand it at least.

Here's the video I watched about it:

https://youtu.be/xAtcFVhD8VQ

thanks heaps! saving this video to watch later, adding goat farm to my list of things to do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VouMorrer said:

now another question: no way to get seeds at my new caves only world right?

In addition to what @ArubaroBeefalo said, you can also get carrot seeds from Carrats, with a much better 1/3 drop chance—don't worry, they're renewable through earthquakes in Lunar Grotto now.

With this, you can spawn fruit flies and farm them for a 1/10 chance of the prized regular seed. This should be fairly viable if you keep a Lord alive and continuously kill its minions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crestwave said:

In addition to what @ArubaroBeefalo said, you can also get carrot seeds from Carrats, with a much better 1/3 drop chance—don't worry, they're renewable through earthquakes in Lunar Grotto now.

With this, you can spawn fruit flies and farm them for a 1/10 chance of the prized regular seed. This should be fairly viable if you keep a Lord alive and continuously kill its minions.

also, weeds grow naturally from empty holes right? can i use weeds to summon the lord to get the first seed?

Edited by VouMorrer

What are curious uses for the Houndious Shootious? Being a rather expensive structure, I hardly ever see it being put to use in extraordinary ways.

Normally you see it being used to:

- Cheese the AFW using lureplants

- Safe-zones to deal with hounds

More exciting uses of it that I've seen on streams:

- Use an excessive amount of them to kill Dragonfly

- Kill Antlion without having to battle her directly

Things I've used a couple of Houndious shootius for:

- Dealing with 2xPhase 2 (rook and knight) and 1xPhase 3 (knight or rook) shadow pieces

- Farm MacTusk

I was just wondering if you had any ideas! Now that I think of it, maybe I could wall a couple of them to farm Slurtles :wilson_lightbulb:

2 hours ago, EirikGerhard said:

What are curious uses for the Houndious Shootious? Being a rather expensive structure, I hardly ever see it being put to use in extraordinary ways.

Normally you see it being used to:

- Cheese the AFW using lureplants

- Safe-zones to deal with hounds

More exciting uses of it that I've seen on streams:

- Use an excessive amount of them to kill Dragonfly

- Kill Antlion without having to battle her directly

Things I've used a couple of Houndious shootius for:

- Dealing with 2xPhase 2 (rook and knight) and 1xPhase 3 (knight or rook) shadow pieces

- Farm MacTusk

I was just wondering if you had any ideas! Now that I think of it, maybe I could wall a couple of them to farm Slurtles :wilson_lightbulb:

I put few in a toad spawner and every time it spawns in that hole is misery time so i dont need food buffs and makes the fight different since i cant sleep or freeze him. I tried the same for CK but i have little experience in that fight so it was a mess

I use it for killing tentapillar quickly so i put 1 in the atrium and other near the tentapillar that leads to the atrium

I have seen people using them for farming voalt goats and for defending the farn for random charged voltgoats in spring. Also many people use it for bunny, merm and pig farms but i guess catapults are better

Kinda useful? for farming birds. Is expensive for the little time you keep but works

You can put in your boat one to add dps and range atacks, an organic boat cannon

If you pass many time in pearls island it might help dealing with hound waves since there is little room for kiting them

• Sanity 1

3 hours ago, EirikGerhard said:

What are curious uses for the Houndious Shootious? Being a rather expensive structure, I hardly ever see it being put to use in extraordinary ways

One particularly curious use is setting catapult aggro on one to target a specific spot. The Houndius doesn't get damaged from the catapult and the AoE hits mobs near it.

44 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also many people use it for bunny, merm and pig farms but i guess catapults are better

I prefer Houndius to catapults for these because you can use walls with them, they fare much better when lagging and, less importantly, they don't need fuel. It does take a fair amount for those farms, though.

Edited by Crestwave
  • Sanity 1

Cross-Platform Compatibility is something Klei has hinted at wanting to do for a while but my question is HOW will it work?

Will it be simple, easy and all I need to do is invite my PC/PS4 friends from a friends list like with Rocket Arena or Apex Legends.. so we can play and enjoy private password locked rooms? or will it be much more complicated and we will all have to try and join the same server together thats Klei Official & cross-play enabled?

Im asking the big questions now- because I’m super curious how all that will pan out.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Cross-Platform Compatibility is something Klei has hinted at wanting to do for a while but my question is HOW will it work?

None of us can possibly know that. This thread is great for gameplay questions, because someone who knows the answer can respond, but a question about something like cross play can't be answered by anyone but the devs.

41 minutes ago, Sybastion said:

Do pigs eat crops in the new farms? My sis said she saw them take one once. 

I don’t think so I have a world where my RWYS crops & my self crafted pig houses were right near each other.  What your Sister probably saw was the Pigmen eat a seed that a bird dropped in her crops or something.

Although I kinda wish they WOULD try to eat your crops (along with other mob types) the game is called Dont Starve and imagine every mob is trying to accomplish the Not Starving part.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sybastion said:

Do pigs eat crops in the new farms? My sis said she saw them take one once. 

Nope. They only eat stuff off the floor. If you hammer giant crops that puts stuff on the floor, so they'll eat that, but they won't eat giant or unharvested crops on their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wons said:

why crab king is called "crab king" while there are no other crabs besides him and pearl? (i don't count rock crab from gorge)

No one to contest his title! It's the surefire way to establish a monarchy.