Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why hasn’t the new twitch drop replaced the existing one yet?? It’s been a week.

I don't wanna get hopes up, but they might have planned to release the new drop alongside a Year of the Beefalo update. If they did, then they might be having some trouble doing some last-minute tweaks to the bigger update.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why hasn’t the new twitch drop replaced the existing one yet?? It’s been a week.

It has. The Klei Rewards page shows as such and people have already gotten the icon.

The change just has not been announced yet... for some reason.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ShakerGER said:

How to remove the farming music? Only the farm music nothing else. :)

i kinda know how to do that but it does interfere with what you asked for because it does delete some other things 

first go find your don't starve together folder

second,delete it

now you won't have the farming music,you can thank me later:wilson_smile:

3 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

Does it upset Klei when people sell/trade their free additional copy of Don't Starve Together away? It gives me the big sad.

Why would this upset Klei? The game is still being given to someone else- and thus hopefully having more players checking it out.

Like I said in a previous post I wrote in another thread: Many many people look at Minecraft as the juggernaut franchise that it is TODAY and very few people look at where it started out from: Minecraft wasn’t an overnight success story- it started out as a game created by a single developer & now its grown into a global phenomenon 

The amount of updates and content Klei churns out for DS, DST its associated DLCs etc... they fully and rightfully DESERVE to be right there alongside Minecraft in the hall of success stories.

And if other Klei games were to come to my Xbox like Oxygen Not Included if that product was just HALF as content packed & kept relevant with updates and DLC’s like the Dont Starve franchise has- I wouldn’t have to second guess anything: I would KNOW I’m getting my monies worth & then some.

But rather unfortunately in order for Dont Starve to become that global phenomenon on par with Minecraft, it has to become more widely known.. it has to be game that people actively WANT to take a chance on trying: And from personal experience I have a hard time getting my friends to even take a chance on giving it a try, in fact: I think I’ve given in and BOUGHT this game for most of them myself just so they’ll give it the time of day it so rightfully deserves..

But I’m just one person and my efforts can only go so far before they fall flat.

ultimately it’s Word of Mouth alone that makes or completely breaks a video game.

Don't Believe me? Just look up the new overhyped Avengers game and how it’s player base dropped by 96% not even beyond a month from the games release- I beat Square Enix never saw it coming..

But a Repetitive game, overloaded with tons of Microtransactions isn’t what people wanted out of Avengers and its plummet into near obscurity more than shows it.

So again I must ask why would Klei be upset if people sale/trade their free copy?

In fact: I think people who really care about this game and this franchise and truly want to see Klei get the credit they deserve: We should be doing MORE in our own efforts of getting this game & this company known.

(you send a friend who’s never played a Klei game a link to one of JoeWs posts where he literally GIVES AWAY currency to redeem in-game items and that friend freaks the heck out... Because companies generally just DON’T give out free stuff just for clicking on a link found on their forums.)

Its stuff like THAT ^^^^^^ people should be further pushing on their friends/random strangers, get them to spike curiosity into the game & give Klei and Don’t Starve a chance... Minecraft may be this Beast of a Franchise that it’s known as today.... but it did NOT start out that way. And many people tend to forget that.. so I just thought I would write this very long (and probably now off-topic but hopefully Joe won’t mind this once..) post about.

Conclusion: If YOU Want to see Dont Starve rival Minecraft in success, then maybe give away MORE free copies or even buy the game for people yourself if your able: Send them those points links while they’re still Valid.. show them how much DST has changed from 2017 to what we have now in 2021 and get that word of mouth out there.

As shown with Minecraft & also Avengers- Word of Mouth Makes or completely breaks a games success story.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Snip

I was thinking more along the lines of "Klei gave me free stuff so time to sell it to a trader" rather than "I know a friend to give this to". Especially when it's posted on the Don't Starve Together forum. Relax with the philosophy :wilson_ecstatic:. I know word of mouth (and helping new players) is important to the growth of the game. Perhaps (and I hope!) I was just being pessimistic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Can the meteors destroy the moonlens? i want to use them to mark Klaus' sack spawn locations, and I am afraid the meteor can destroy them.

yeah they can can. It will take a while tho, so you can still make use of them.

I'd recommend just blocking all sack spawners you find in the mosaic if you plan to be in that world for a while.

6 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

yeah they can can. It will take a while tho, so you can still make use of them.

I'd recommend just blocking all sack spawners you find in the mosaic if you plan to be in that world for a while.

how do you block the sack spawners? I see some people using fire pits to block but apparently they can be destroyed by meteors too.

Just now, Spino43 said:

how do you block the sack spawners? I see some people using fire pits to block but apparently they can be destroyed by meteors too.

well yeah they can, but it will take a while and I don't think they can get destroyed once you never go there again. Any structure works, firepit, signs etc, i like using signs cause they are free to remake if they get destroyed.

• Sanity 1

42 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Can the meteors destroy the moonlens? i want to use them to mark Klaus' sack spawn locations, and I am afraid the meteor can destroy them.

I believe moonlens item itself should be fine. Ocuvigils, however, can be destroyed.

34 minutes ago, ShakerGER said:

Yeah... I am learning lua right now just for this damn purpose...

RemapSoundEvent("farming/music/farming", "")

This should be the line you need to get rid of farming music in the mod, now all youll need to learn is how to make a mod and youre good to go :]

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Moonlens are destroyed too. I never could mark the wormhole in the meteors field for so long

You're right, I honestly didn't know that meteors could delete the same items as lureplants! I don't place stuff in mosaic so I only see the natural minerals get destroyed and assumed it was like earthquakes.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can someone please tell me where/how to get the ingredients to craft Broodling pet? I thought it was from having to fight Dragonfly but after killing her I did not get ingredients for Broodling pet. :wilson_cry:

You need to hatch the Lavae Egg she drops by keeping it near a fire, until it spawns an Extra Adorable Lavae.
... Then you need to freeze the Lavae to death with an Ice Staff and you get that thing it shows in the recipe.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

You need to hatch the Lavae Egg she drops by keeping it near a fire, until it spawns an Extra Adorable Lavae.
... Then you need to freeze the Lavae to death with an Ice Staff and you get that thing it shows in the recipe.

That just sounds not even worth the effort.. guess I’ll just be unraveling the skins I have for it then, but thanks anyway!

I was watching a DS video and I saw them using the old bell and remembered that it existed. Now I realized, why is it not in DST? I wasn't present on the forums to catch any discussions about it when DST released, and i couldn't find the reason in the the wiki.

1 minute ago, PeiperPires said:

I was watching a DS video and I saw them using the old bell and remembered that it existed. Now I realized, why is it not in DST? I wasn't present on the forums to catch any discussions about it when DST released, and i couldn't find the reason in the the wiki.

Because of the massive grieving potential it could cause obviously 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because of the massive grieving potential it could cause obviously 

I feel dumb now for not thinking about it. I only play alone so I almost never think of the multiplayer side, even tho it's in the game's name. 

Edited by PeiperPires
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PeiperPires said:

I am not aware of an official reason ever being given. I assume that it was done due to the griefing potential the item has, and/or to make gathering characters like Maxwell and Woodie not completely obsolete. An item that makes everyone a better gatherer than the gatherer characters and also is available as early as day 11 doesn't really fit into a cooperative game.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 2