Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

You know what actually I have my own question I would like to ask: this is a legit question I would like to ask of the community and maybe even of Klei if they feel like sharing: But a recent post I made got me thinking..

Recent post below:

Spoiler

Wait what really??! Omg your missing out! that game is so chalk full of content: And it has two dlc expansions that are compatible with the vanilla game (yes you can totally play through adventures mode as Walani from Shipwrecked)

you should at least check it out

Some people say that they don’t want the remaining Shipwrecked or Hamlet characters in DST because they wouldn’t fit the theme or atmosphere of DST.. and I don’t understand how anyone came to that conclusion: Lately I’ve been playing a good bit of Solo DS and in that- You can use Shipwrecked and Hamlet characters in the base game outside of their respective worlds: Like I currently have a save as Shipwreckeds Walani but surfing ponds in the skies of Hamlet! And a save for ADVENTURES Mode where the Water itself in the game is purely cosmetic.

She still spawns with a surfboard, but it can’t be used: My point is that these characters have been playable in Vanilla DS outside of Mods for a very very long time, So my question.

HOW and WHY wouldn’t they fit the Theme and Atmosphere of DST if they can already be played outside of the worlds they were designed for?

Like: Why do people say they don’t belong in DST?? I really don’t understand:

I see playing a RoG save as a SW/Ham character being NO DIFFERENT from if they were added to DST Tomorrow. 

The only “logical” reasoning I can come up with would maybe be that they’re design is more for Solo DS and not Multiplayer: But isn’t that a Problem with the majority of the not yet reworked characters anyway?

(my one question actually turned out being three questions but whatever I just had to get my thoughts out there)

Edited by Mike23Ua

How is thulecite pronounced? I've got a random number generator in my head and I keep swapping between thoo-leh-kite and thoo-leh-site randomly.

2 hours ago, Toutan said:

Can someone please enlighten me if I can use several potions at the same time on Abigail or if only one can work at a time?

You are free to apply potions to her as much as you want, although it overrides the previous effect since she can only have one active at a time.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

How is thulecite pronounced? I've got a random number generator in my head and I keep swapping between thoo-leh-kite and thoo-leh-site randomly.

It's a stone infused with eldritch magic. It probably can't be pronounced by human tongues. And I shudder to think what might happen should once pronounce it correctly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

It's a stone infused with eldritch magic. It probably can't be pronounced by human tongues. And I shudder to think what might happen should once pronounce it correctly.

Maybe it's tee-hull e-kitty.

• Haha 3

A couple questions regarding the Ocuvigil, I know that it causes an area around it to stay loaded, so:

_If I put it in a Bunny/Spider farm far away from me, will the farm work, or I have to be physically near?

_If I put it in a Bee Farm far away, will the bees come out, or the bee boxes will keep the one honey per day production?

Just now, Spino43 said:

A couple questions regarding the Ocuvigil, I know that it causes an area around it to stay loaded, so:

_If I put it in a Bunny/Spider farm far away from me, will the farm work, or I have to be physically near?

_If I put it in a Bee Farm far away, will the bees come out, or the bee boxes will keep the one honey per day production?

It doesnt load the are, updates that area in the map as i understand the item. For example to see if a toad cap appears in the map or a player destroys some structure in the area etc

I tried the same as you said for bees and doesnt work because of that

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

It doesnt load the are, updates that area in the map as i understand the item. For example to see if a toad cap appears in the map or a player destroys some structure in the area etc

I tried the same as you said for bees and doesnt work because of that

Good to know, I don't have to plant 20+ flowers there then. :)

I have some questions about Deerclops mechanics:

1) If I'm in the ocean when Deerclops announces its approach, will it spawn? Or it won't spawn until I'm in land?
2) Can it destroy my base while I'm in the ocean? Or it doesn't destroy things in unloaded areas?
3) Can it spawn in Lunar Island/Pearl Island? 

13 minutes ago, zenburu said:

1) If I'm in the ocean when Deerclops announces its approach, will it spawn? Or it won't spawn until I'm in land?
2) Can it destroy my base while I'm in the ocean? Or it doesn't destroy things in unloaded areas?

My information might be outdated, but if nothing has changed (and also assuming this is true for all players on the server) then

1) No, and you'll mess up the spawning so he might not even come at all.

2) No, he only spawns near players.

3) No, unless you're on the mainland when he starts warning you that he's going to spawn, and once you hear him growl get onto the lunar/pearl island in less than 60 seconds.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, zenburu said:

1)He doesnt annouces herself if you are in the ocean

2) she only spawns near of players, if you are playing solo, she will spawn in a screen distance of you and will search for a structure close to you so, if you are far away of your base, she will not destroy it

3) if you are there she doesnt announce her coming but idk what happen if you go there after she start her roar.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zenburu said:

She can't destroy places off screen, so she's not going to do anything to structures that are far from u.

Deerclops will not start roaring if you are sailing OR if you are on the lunar island/pearl island. BUT, if she starts roaring on mainland, and you make your way quickly to lunar island via boat bridges, she can spawn there too. Same for bearger. 

If she starts roaring and then you go on a boat, she won't spawn and the timer will reset, same as when you go into caves/disconnect when you hear the roar.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 3

Will there be a content update for this month at all? Because if there is there is only 5 days left in this Month, but Klei never promised an update each month- they clearly stated that depending on how long it takes to finish the update it could be a week or two longer than the monthly frame.

Personally I was hoping year of the Beefalo and a proper 2021 roadmap would be released this week.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:02 PM, HowlVoid said:

Is it recommended to use lunar experiment potions on the light flowers spawned by the forest walker? Does it even work? 

I've heard they're two separate prefabs?
One is stalker_bulb (forest walker's) and the other is flower_cave (regular).
I doubt it'd even work since they despawn and doesn't stay.

• Like 1

Anyone have a link or guide to a splumonkey farm that uses mobs or doesn't require much/any actions and passively results in dead monkeys and their drops? Preferably without the use of catapults or houndius or traps.

Can you make pens with Bunnymen? Will shadow monkeys attack Bunnymen?

UPDATE: Found an old reddit post with a guide, uses Rock Lobsters and is very cheap and quick to setup. Now to find the next farm/automated set up to make.

Edited by GelatinousCube

17 hours ago, Baguettes said:

I've heard they're two separate prefabs?
One is stalker_bulb (forest walker's) and the other is flower_cave (regular).
I doubt it'd even work since they despawn and doesn't stay.

Yeah, this is true. The halloween moon potion won't work on stalker_bulb

Spoiler

I remember trying to see if I could get it to work on the forest stalkers bulbs, because i thought maybe I could exploit the game and be able to turn the stalkers bulbs into the light bug bulbs which would stay forever. Unforunately Klei was one step ahead of me haha