Walter & Woby Now Available!

Is there a reason why the Tent and Siesta Lean-to were nerfed with the introduction of Walter and Woby? Tents and Siestas used to restore +2 health per second while sleeping, and now they only restore +1 health per second, which is the same health restoration as Walter's Tent Roll. Interestingly enough, the Straw Roll and Fur Roll haven't been touched. A Fur Roll is now equally as strong as a Tent and Walter's Tent Roll. It's essentially a portable tent that any character can use, albeit with fewer uses than Walter's tent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Okay so some things I’ve noticed-

#1- Walters examination quote for looking at a Bee confirms that he is DEATHLY Allergic to bee’s which means.. That Klei should probably stash a few pre made Anti-Venom cure kits inside Woby so She can rush to Walters aid to Rescue him after he starts to hive up from bee stings (he doesnt do that currently but the line should either be changed from deathly, or they should be more life threatening by having his health core slowly bleed out until he has the cure) extras would have to be crafted by Walter after the 3-4 Freebies In Woby’s stash.

#2- Walters Sanity drain from having taken damage is a constant down tick, I haven’t made a Top hat YET while playing as him but.. using head garlands or simply plucking flowers is no longer enough to negate the sanity drain tick, The only thing I’ve found (So Far) that DOES is telling Campfire Stories.

#3 I would really really love it if Woby while in Small form could sniff out Hunt Tracks and lead Walter in the direction of the next track.

#4 Good God Klei please fix this kids Hunger drain, I feel like it’s WORSE Than WINONA’s at the Moment and that’s seriously saying something about this boys appetite. 

#5 (not related to Walter but I’m mentioning it anyway) EVERY SKIN IN THE SHOP with the exception of Walters.. is currently on Sale for the next 9 days on Xbox One I saw this and was like “Klei gave me this cool new character away for Free so guess I’m gonna buy something to support them!” Bought a Hallowed Nights Belongings chest because Ahem- #MeLikeyDaSpooky. You guys should TOTALLY buy some stuffs while it’s all on sale, It helps Klei fund these Awesome updates :D 

#6 As I had heavily predicted (& got nothing but confused reacts for..) You guys HEAVILY Underestimated the power of giving newbie players (or any players for that matter) their own personal storage box and mount. In the game I was playing earlier with just Walters in the server that means we had a whooping 54 extra Portable Storage Slots.

(the only problem I seemed to have with this no one could tell who’s Woby was Who’s and ANYONE could access the inventory of Any Woby..) Maybe we should get some skins or different colored Scarfs?

#7 ALOT Of The games clothing Items do not accurately fit into Walter, his (boyscout uniform) arms seem to continue to exist even when using sleeveless clothing options.

Thats all I have so far, I’m loving the new update Thanks Klei you guys are the Best! <3

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3

Walter is all over the place! He feels like a modded character. You need to slim down his perks and give him an actual downside. Honestly, your recent characters have all felt like this. His in-game art and poster have also suffered in quality. I feel as if you should take more time on your characters and stop making so many. The environment is more important. Your better characters have maybe 1-2 perks and a countering downside, and any complexity comes from them interacting with the game environment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

#2- Walters Sanity drain from having taken damage is a constant down tick, I haven’t made a Top hat YET while playing as him but.. using head garlands or simply plucking flowers is no longer enough to negate the sanity drain tick, The only thing I’ve found (So Far) that DOES is telling Campfire Stories.

Walter doesn't gain sanity from clothes, that's a perk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He is so cute! I like how there was at least a little expansion on the Woodie lore. And, nice, it's cool to have a character who can wear shadow armor without the massive sanity drain.

Really awesome, I'm actually super excited to play as him.

Next trailer should be with the children... Can you imagine Webber, Wendy, Wurt, and Walter (And maybe Wormwood?) having a good time sailing together? DEATH BY CUTENESS!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jason said:
  1. Has a new hat that will reduce the sanity loss when getting hit
  2. Walter can tell stories at the campfire that will cause other survivors to restore some sanity
  3. I don't have much info about the next update for you yet. But we'll have more info for the next update "Troubled Waters" in the next couple weeks. Until then, have fun out there! silhouette_barnacle.png

Wait- He has a skeledork ability?:wilson_shocked:

So does this mean him and Wickerbottom share a ability unintentionally(not mechanics but they both have a share of love for stories(not sure if this includes Wurt).

Thanks so much for the sneak peak! Looks like a plant.

4 hours ago, Farlan said:

HOW WAS THAT PERSON RIGHT ABOUT IT BEING WOODIE'S CABIN I THOUGHT THAT WAS A JOKE 

I assumed too that it was related to Woodie?

vlcsnap-2020-06-15-17h15m19s972.thumb.png.4fd61fb1e9ea168fb23f763f80705ecc.png

Uh... What part of Canada is this?:wilson_shocked:

3 hours ago, Mr. Despair said:

Just me or Klei made his lips bigger?latest?cb=20200528225841

3 hours ago, RudyAmericanHero said:

you are correct since he does look a lil different in gameegqegjegegqjnegqnjegq.PNG

vlcsnap-2020-06-15-17h16m23s720.thumb.png.de92ce2596000ed02f99892915b7de8c.png

It depends of the frame of the moment. Sometimes he has it, sometimes he doesn't. Same thing happens to Warly in the trailers.

3 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Woby (Big)woby_sniff.gif.cca556dad3972d6d75d7c445093e812b.gif

HOW MANY BADGES DID WOBY GET AFTER MEETING? How long has Walter been in the constant?!

2 hours ago, Blueleaf12 said:

36203EA4-6D33-4C12-BE49-30B6DE4438E6.thumb.jpeg.54dea2ccf73f60dc9e7d9215bb7cd986.jpegsome kind of photo or painting of a castle on a hill, and an umbrella.

Maybe Woodie's heritage of being Scottish due to his red hair?

Question to the people who watched the trailer: Who did that laughter at the end belong to? It didn't sound like Charlie. Sounded like a man's laugh.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So does this mean him and Wickerbottom share a ability unintentionally(not mechanics but they both have a share of love for stories(not sure if this includes Wurt).

It depends of the frame of the moment. Sometimes he has it, sometimes he doesn't. Same thing happens to Warly in the trailers.

HOW MANY BADGES DID WOBY GET AFTER MEETING? How long has Walter been in the constant?!

Question to the people who watched the trailer: Who did that laughter at the end belong to? It didn't sound like Charlie. Sounded like a man's laugh.

What laughter?

EDIT: just watched again and i heard it yeah sounds like an old guy

EDIT AGAIN: first time i watched i think i just thought it was trees creaking or a crow but yeah i kinda hear it as a dude

Edited by TheHollowKnight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

It’s them

Maybe it is :b

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If I didn't know any better I'd say that's Vancouver Island! :wilson_sneaky:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d570054053114ef939235de88f9e16eb.png

16 minutes ago, minespatch said:

1 minute ago, TheHollowKnight said:

@nome snuck it into the soundfile while nobody was looking.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

What laughter?

EDIT AGAIN: first time i watched i think i just thought it was trees creaking or a crow but yeah i kinda hear it as a dude

I'm hoping it's Mourier. I'd be kind of sad if Curio Collector has a devious future(but we might finally see who is behind the treasure chest trader from those forge leaks.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 4

Starting to run into some fairly extreme glitches on Xbox One- A Dead Players Ghost becomes Invisible completely.

My game worlds saved as Walter also do not seem to keep any progress, I was on day 11 and had to leave for a few minutes, exited the game and when I returned to it it was on Day 1 and my character choice had not been selected yet.

Just now, minespatch said:

I'm hoping it's Mourier. I'd be kind of ad if Curio Collector has a devious future(but we might finally see who is behind the treasure chest trader from those forge leaks.

Spatch, I swear you're the only person who has this much of a vested interest in the Curio Collector. 

The lad just likes collecting candy wrappers and making fun games to pass the time while he waits for more folks to give him their pleated shirts. :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler

I only tease of course. :wilson_smile:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Is there a reason why the Tent and Siesta Lean-to were nerfed with the introduction of Walter and Woby? Tents and Siestas used to restore +2 health per second while sleeping, and now they only restore +1 health per second, which is the same health restoration as Walter's Tent Roll. Interestingly enough, the Straw Roll and Fur Roll haven't been touched. A Fur Roll is now equally as strong as a Tent and Walter's Tent Roll. It's essentially a portable tent that any character can use, albeit with fewer uses than Walter's tent.

That will make Wormwood living logs more annoying to mass produce :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks Klei for another nice update. Time to buy new skins to complete my collection. I hope that I can get the skins that were made available by the drops of the twitch and that I couldn't get for not playing this wonderful game at the time. I've already bought Funko Pops too and I'm looking forward to their arrival. Also, thanks for the preview of the next update, this keeps the interest in Dont Starve always growing!

• Like 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Starting to run into some fairly extreme glitches on Xbox One- A Dead Players Ghost becomes Invisible completely.

My game worlds saved as Walter also do not seem to keep any progress, I was on day 11 and had to leave for a few minutes, exited the game and when I returned to it it was on Day 1 and my character choice had not been selected yet.

I've been trying to track this save issue down on PS4 but so far haven't had any luck. Do you remember if you saw the little autosave indicator in the top right at the end of every day? Did you see the gears in the bottom right corner when you quit at the end of your session? And does it happen to you every time? (Quick experiment: start a new world, play a day, quit, shutdown, restart).

• Thanks 2

Is Walter not draining sanity from things like the Dark Sword/Suit intended?
Seems less about courage and more like the nightmare fuel draining your sanity directly. Just like staves and stuff.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Klei, you aren't true to what you've told us about Walter. He doesn't take full damage from ALL bees. Only normal Bees. Bee Queen still does reduced damage to him when he wears armour... Unlike normal bees. Please fix! :")

What are you talking about? Bee queen does extra damage.