Jason

Walter & Woby Now Available!

Hornete    4616
5 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

But she doesn't do full damage like normal bees do. Only more. 

What do you mean "full damage"? I'm a bit confused.

Armor will still block the initial regular amount of damage bees and related bee mobs do, however the extra damage is not blocked by armor.

Edit: Oh hold on, did you think the damage done to Walter is multiplied? if that's what you think it's not multiplied, instead 10 extra damage is added, so Bee queen does 10 extra damage.

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nikki Darks    355
17 minutes ago, Hornete said:

What do you mean "full damage"? I'm a bit confused.

Armor will still block the initial regular amount of damage bees and related bee mobs do, however the extra damage is not blocked by armor.

Edit: Oh hold on, did you think the damage done to Walter is multiplied? if that's what you think it's not multiplied, instead 10 extra damage is added, so Bee queen does 10 extra damage.

image.png.ab01865d60be3c5551d944dcd79b3e08.png

This is sooooo poorly worded IMO. Because I had no idea whether the armour doesn't block the EXTRA damage or the total damage.

• Sad 1

Owlrus    3081

Y'know the more I look at Walter, the more he looks like a rooster. Weird, right?

• Like 2

DwerBomb    6131

Are stingers used for any pellets? Looking for a way to consume the stacks we have in base

• Like 1

Nikki Darks    355
1 minute ago, DwerBomb said:

Are stingers used for any pellets? Looking for a way to consume the stacks we have in base

Nope, but you can use stingers for wendy's elixirs or wormwood's traps!

Mike23Ua    6430
1 hour ago, CharlesB said:

I've been trying to track this save issue down on PS4 but so far haven't had any luck. Do you remember if you saw the little autosave indicator in the top right at the end of every day? Did you see the gears in the bottom right corner when you quit at the end of your session? And does it happen to you every time? (Quick experiment: start a new world, play a day, quit, shutdown, restart).

Yes I remember seeing the gears saving at the bottom right (I never exit the game when those things are spinning!) I have not tried to replicate the bug more then once And I’m checking that last one out now- 

(it Appears to have saved) sounds like a tricky situation, hopefully you guys can pin it down. I submitted my save files in with a bug report.

This happened in the Same game save where another Dead Players Ghost as Walter was Invisible.. so I’m not sure if the two problems are connected.

(I know the dead player was continuously Haunting Woby... wonder if that caused them to be Invisible?) I know next to nothing about game development so I’m not sure if the Two problems have any connection to one another.

Mr.Dream    264

While I was translating, I found skins that had not been added before. Or am I the only one who didn't know?

Stone_Kiln_Icon.png.dfbd4b8c8c549a90ca2ac2153e728aa9.png

12341.PNG

Carved_Stone_Torch_Icon.png.36f9183e1903e6574e9500493d4e49e4.png

1564165.PNG

• Like 2

GenomeSquirrel    854
4 minutes ago, Mr.Dream said:

While I was translating, I found skins that had not been added before. Or am I the only one who didn't know?

Stone_Kiln_Icon.png.dfbd4b8c8c549a90ca2ac2153e728aa9.png

12341.PNG

Carved_Stone_Torch_Icon.png.36f9183e1903e6574e9500493d4e49e4.png

1564165.PNG

Tecent exclusives, part of the roseate collection

• Like 1

Mr.Dream    264
3 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Tecent exclusives, part of the roseate collection

I know that. I mean, this data has been added to the DST String file.

Edited by Mr.Dream

Pikapikap    738

In the selection character interface of the game server, Walter's avatar is a question mark. After entering the game, press the tab key to view it is also a question mark. Please fix these bugs. Thank you, sir.

Hornete    4616
3 minutes ago, Yukanur said:

is this a bug?, he has no face portrait. same in curio cabinet

image.thumb.png.06d55c283c5e89b5862095b3e15f0cda.png

do you have any mods? This happened to someone else but all my other friends can see his icon just fine.

• Like 2

Pikapikap    738

sir I think the hair of Walter’s death animation is not done well? It seems to be separated from his head,v

ery strange compared to the image of other characters when they died.

GIF 2020-6-16 11-19-59.gif

• Like 3

TrashLord    269
7 minutes ago, joker177 said:

sir I think the hair of Walter’s death animation is not done well? It seems to be separated from his head,v

ery strange compared to the image of other characters when they died.

GIF 2020-6-16 11-19-59.gif

A lot of character's ghost's hair is a separate sprite IIRC; you just don't tend to notice because most ghosts don't have such detailed hair(Wilson's, for example).

• Like 2

GenomeSquirrel    854
2 hours ago, Squirrel12 said:

Just wanted to show some pics of the Walter Apocalypse I witnessed on public servers.

Did you mean Klei official servers, since I've been done with work, I haven't seen any up.

4 Da LOLs    3523
10 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Thought something looked off about Woby and finally realized what.

unknown.png

She's not outlined entirely in black! Oddly enough, certain parts are though.

thank you, I knew something was up!

Kerpeten31    54

It really surprised me to see that his favorite food is not the jerky or small jerky

I really like him his sprites mechanics voice its all good but ngl there could be more stuff about him beeing a scout its kind a like a wasted opportunity in my opinion but im prettu sure im still gonna play as him a lot

Mike23Ua    6430
6 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

I hope Walter will get some more campfire stories to tell. I'd love the idea of him making up more and more stories as he learns more about the Constant (through days survived, bosses encountered, or other milestones). And imagine the stories he could come up with for Hallowed Nights!

Just repeating the same 2 stories each night is gonna get a bit stale, the storytelling is a favorite of mine.

While the general concept is frowned upon by the more hardcore audience I think it’s quite charming and adds character to the game, these Campfire stories can also (if Klei chooses to get clever with them) provide us Clues as to what their next game update or Event will be about-

For Example Walter sits at the campfire describing in great detail a new Mob that he dreamed was attacking him in the Constant last night, and then bam two weeks later it’s a legit mob in the game!

”I’ve heard stories of great and mighty warriors battling in an arena surrounded by molting lava in a tournament of sorts to see who is the greatest champion.., As a dedicated scout it is My duty to actively participate in Sporting activities, I could become Mighty just like you Wolfgang!”

One Real Week Later- Ladies and Gentlemen Klei proudly presents to you The return of the Forge!

(They can slip in teasers like this here and there using campfire stories)

Okay so there was this man with a hook for a hand.. oh but wait, Hey uhm did you guys hear that? I think that plant over there just moved.. No I’m not trying to scare you, I think it REALLY Moved.

-insert earlier return of them update teaser image here-

• Like 2