Walter & Woby Now Available!

1 hour ago, POOH_LY said:

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a phonograph? silhouette_barnacle.png.f1c64def65a355a5adb8f8207bdb02a8.png

It looks like a tropical flower. And doesnt look friendly. 

Maybe next update will bring tropical stuff (plants and insects like hamlet)

18 minutes ago, engiSonic said:

image.thumb.png.9e70183b30e9bdea06d60632c9f67d24.png

sooo why did wilson need to do a whole bunch of blood magic and build a big portal, but this kid just changes the channel and gets sucked in

We dont know what have done woodie before. Maybe he release something that keeps crawling in his home

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I got an update installing now on Xbox One is this Walter? O.o are we finally getting an update at the same time across all the game platforms? Wow man I.. I kinda expected it would go live on PC/PS4 for a few hours first then hit my Xbox later this afternoon, this is actually a delightful little surprise can’t wait to check it out! <3

Just check update log .i already did on ps4

After playing as this guy I feel like giving some feedback

first of all, I love him! The lore, the idea, the slingshot, the voice!

There’s a few things I feel need addressing:

-sanity

Spoiler

i like the concept of him not being scared of anything. But, sometimes sanity auras go beyond being scared. It is the unknown force of shadows and nightmares that wear out your mind. Should he still have some sanity drained by nightmares and other dark magic? However, my main issue is with sanity from equipments and clothes. Personally, I believe they should still provide some sanity, of only a fraction of its total, as it’s not fun having many items in the base, collected after hardships and challenges, be rendered completely obsolete.

-pellets

Spoiler

Rock being a bad pellet is good, we need that bad, early game version of an item.

However, golden pellets should have something that makes them unique. Faster bullet speed?

Marble is so easy to obtain that it makes little sense to have such a strong offensive option come from 1 single marble.

freeze rounds are very strong but you still managed to not turn ice staff obsolete, as the latter de-aggros mobs. Good job!!

slow-down rounds are just bad

Suggestions:

Bee stingers for a bullet? We NEED more uses for stingers.

-portable tent

Spoiler

Character related items that are JUST a straight up better version of an old item are never good. It should feel more different from the tent, in my option.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Constant Companion
While in pursuit of answers to the strange and unexplained, Walter suddenly found himself lost and alone in a place unlike anything even he could have imagined. Luckily, he would not be alone for long. Even a stout-hearted Pinetree Pioneer feels a little braver with a loyal friend by their side!

Walter the Fearless is now available. Free for all DST players

Here are the details:

Walter

• Has a slingshot 
  • Attacks from the slingshot will not draw aggro if the target is fighting something else
  • Special Slingshot ammo
    • Freeze (similar to the ice staff)
    • Slow-Down Rounds (reduces the target’s movement speed)
    • Poop Pellets (causes the target to stop attacking you)
    • Cursed Rounds (spawns shadow tentacles)
  • Is not afraid of anything, except getting hurt
    • Does not lose sanity from the dark, being near giants, etc
    • Will lose sanity every time he takes damage
    • Will continue to slowly lose sanity while health is below 100%
  • Has a new hat that will reduce the sanity loss when getting hit
  • Walter will not gain sanity from clothing items
  • Walter can craft a portable camping tent to take with him
  • Allergic to bees
    • Takes extra damage from bees, this damage is not reduced by armour
  • Fast cooking over a fire
  • Reduced hunger drain while sleeping in tents and bedrolls
  • Has a friend named Woby that will join him in the constant
  • Restores sanity when near enough trees
  • Walter can tell stories at the campfire that will cause other survivors to restore some sanity

Woby

• Has 2 forms, small and big
  • Both forms give access to an inventory container (like chester)
  • Big Woby can be ridden by Walter (like a domesticated beefalo)
  • Woby only eats monster meat
  • Feeding small Woby enough monster meat will transform her into her big form
  • Woby will revert to her small form when starving
  • Woby is scared of everything and will not participate in combat
  • If the player is hit while riding Woby, Woby will buck the player off

New Skins

The Walter Deluxe Wardrobe contains all 3 skin sets ($7.99 usd)
Walter's Guest of Honor Skin Set and Pine Leader Hat.
Walter's Boy Detective Skin Set and Deerstalker.
Walter's Survivor Skin Set and Cap o' Flage.

Or you can buy each set individually for $2.99 or Weave them with your left over spool. 

walter_trio.png

New Streaming Drops!

We are adding the "Salt Lamp" Lantern skin to the Crystalline Collection. For more information on streaming drops and how to get them, check out the post here

lantern_crystal_trio.png

Klei Sale!

We're also having a big sale on Steam right now. While you probably already own everything we have ever made, maybe now is a good time to pick up something for a friend? https://store.steampowered.com/sale/klei/

klei_pub_sale_2020_Steam_IM2.gif

Next up!
I don't have much info about the next update for you yet. But we'll have more info for the next update "Troubled Waters" in the next couple weeks. Until then, have fun out there! 

silhouette_barnacle.png

Update 416247 Path Notes
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where players could start a server vote when they did not meet the requirements
  • Live fish will no longer die(spoil) faster due to being wet
  • Fixed a bug where Wade, Ignatius, Dmitri, and Sawyer would become invisible and stop participating in the match.
  • Fixed a bug in the Item Collection where Wormwood’s wrong hand symbols were seen in his custom idle.
  • Fixed texture issue with Wendy’s Guest of Honor skin.
  • Fixed texture artifacts on the tent.
  • Some small optimizations

View full update

Another update in some weeks ? 

Damn the devs are fast

• Like 2

9 hours ago, engiSonic said:

sooo why did wilson need to do a whole bunch of blood magic and build a big portal, but this kid just changes the channel and gets sucked in

Seems Wilson built the whole set up and then his radio has been making the rounds

Edited by sinisterrkid
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2020 at 7:26 PM, Squirrel12 said:

image.thumb.png.a7539e87d8e14caf2fd956cc092c9d33.png

I'm glad that out of all things I said in that pub, these were the only messages that were screenshotted.

This was super fun.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I'm guessing the new update will hit mid june? Could be the same day as Walter release ( 15th ) but its anyones guess.

I’m going to guess sooner, on the 7th. Because that’s when the massive sale for every skin in the shop (except for Newly released Walter related skins) will stop being on sale & considering that this Sale was supposed to have ended on June 25th.. What other reason would Klei have extended it to now end on July the 7th?