Walter & Woby Now Available!

5 minutes ago, sokoteur said:

I’m gonna go in a different direction with the lower left corner contents and throw out the idea that it’s a hint towards a different character or Part of the lore we don’t know about yet.

Umbrella. Castle. Golf Club.

What place checks all of those boxes?

Scotland.

Webber’s grandfather was most likely Scottish, and cobwebs being in the cabin (I know it’s meant to imply Woodie has been gone for a while) but it could easily double as a hint at the next rework being Webber, with an extra small possibility of a connection between Woodie/Lucy and Scotland/England.

I didn’t even think of Webber! I figured that was a painting/picture of an old Scottish castle because I know Woodie has Scottish roots as well, but that makes a lot of sense! I really hope we see more with Lucy at some point. I was hoping to see that picture frame on the ground from earlier.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sokoteur said:

I’m gonna go in a different direction with the lower left corner contents and throw out the idea that it’s a hint towards a different character or Part of the lore we don’t know about yet.

Umbrella. Castle. Golf Club.

What place checks all of those boxes?

Scotland.

Webber’s grandfather was most likely Scottish, and cobwebs being in the cabin (I know it’s meant to imply Woodie has been gone for a while) but it could easily double as a hint at the next rework being Webber, with an extra small possibility of a connection between Woodie/Lucy and Scotland/England.

That's a really long stretch.

So I've got 2 things to say.

1) The most important question was answered <3 

F5wCzoz.png

2) Have you embraced our new dark lord of the constant? >:) 

xIRRmTQ.png

(Yes thats non god mode, standing a night, next to  a Night Light with Dark Sword/ Nightmare Armor and the Seaweed crown WITHOUT loosing sanity.) :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

His slingshot appears to be quite ineffective

You didn't try all the different type of ammos there is did you?

- Stone pellets seem to do about 17 damage which is pretty inneffective but cheap enough to kill butterflies and rabbits easily. You get 10 shots out of a single stone! 

- Gold pellets do about spear damage. Again, you get 10 shots out of one gold, and since gold can be easy to spam, this can easily be an early game viable weapon

- Marble ammo does a lot of damage, not sure how much but I think its 50+, and since marble is also easy to reproduce, I think this could be his main weapon throughout most of the game

- The freezing ammo was okay, its like a discount ice staff, and since blue gems stockpile in the late game, he can do good use of this

- Poop ammo seems to work by RNG chance, sometimes it makes the enemy lose interest, sometimes it doesn't. I didn't get the hang of it yet.

- Slow ammo was pretty good! although it seems to be the most expensive of them all.

- Cursed ammo was the most underwhelming ammo in my tests so far, the tentacles have an RNG chance to spawn and will deal 2 or 3 hits to immobile enemies, and the tentacles seem to deal spear damage. Given that you will not get one tentacle per shot, it's probably better and more damaging to just shoot marble pellets.

From my tests so far I'd go around with a mix of freezing ammo, some slow ammo and marble pellets through most of the game. With Wobby, inventory is not a problem really.

I'd patch the cursed rounds to have 100% chance to spawn, unless someone proves me wrong and its exploitable in some way.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 11

Ya know, I was kinda worried that Walter's slingshot would trivialize combat, but it's really not that bad. It's more of a slower, safer option to combat, but it's long windup animation (that you can't cancel out of) and fairly short range can still put you in danger if you're not careful. I think Klei did a good job of making it useful, but not too overpowered.

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Ya know, I was kinda worried that Walter's slingshot would trivialize combat, but it's really not that bad. It's more of a slower, safer option to combat, but it's long windup animation (that you can't cancel out of) and fairly short range can still put you in danger if you're not careful. I think Klei did a good job of making it useful, but not too overpowered.

And different enough from Wheeler's Pewmatic Horn to make her a viable addition later down the road.

*wink-wink*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Thought something looked off about Woby and finally realized what.

unknown.png

She's not outlined entirely in black! Oddly enough, certain parts are though.

THAT'S WHAT IT IS! I was thinking the same thing!

Edited by Blue Moth
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The freezing ammo was okay, its like a discount ice staff

Can you confirm whether or not it's at least 2x as effective as an Ice Staff? If you get only 10 pellets for every blue gem and functions exactly the same, then it's technically worse than a normal one because of having half the normal uses per gem. On the other hand if each pellet is 2x more effective than a blast from the ice staff, then it may be better.

• Like 1

- Pigking is surrounded with green turf that spawn red and blue bird which give 2 naughtiness points

- Golden pellets do 34 damage, enough to kill a bird

- 10 golden pellets are crafted from a single gold nugget

- Birds are killed during day and dusk

- Walled baits are used to attract and stockpile Krampi

- Fire pit is crafted next to pigking. During night it's fueled with feathers and morsels are cooked to restore hunger

- Excess morsels are given to pigking to replenish golden pellets supply

- Feather Hat can be worn to increase farming speed

- Walter doesn't lose sanity from dark, as long as he's not damaged he can manage all 3 meters by eating cooked morsels only.

Thanks for perfect character for farming Krampus sacks :)

P.S. Anenemy can be planted next to baits to automatically kill Krampi as you farm birds.

• Like 12

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Walter is the perfect beginner character. New players often struggle with combat, sanity and inventory management. Walter does a good job of making these a bit less of an issue so they can focus on learning other things first like health, hunger and surviving weather conditions. I think Klei made the right choice by making him free.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

Can you confirm whether or not it's at least 2x as effective as an Ice Staff? If you get only 10 pellets for every blue gem and functions exactly the same, then it's technically worse than a normal one because of having half the normal uses per gem. On the other hand if each pellet is 2x more effective than a blast from the ice staff, then it may be better.

It does indeed have more freezing power. Even though the slingshot itself is more sluggish to use, the speed at which you're able to freeze your enemy dead in their tracks is pretty much equal to the ice staff, but taking less shots.

Woby seems too slow. I know Wobe loses speed with hunger, but even the max speed is quite slow. If you could put glossamer saddle on Woby that would be cool.

I guess we won't be seeing Wheeler in DST because they are so similar. Would be a shame because Wheeler is a fave of mine.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would also like to mention that when Walter is riding Woby I wouldn't mind it if he made a wide-smile like he does in some of his emotes such as the toast emote or chicken dance; I feel that this would show both more expression from him and give the impression of his sense of adventure via riding Woby. Something also feels.....off... about the way that Woby runs when in big form, and it almost feels like she's side-stepping when she does so. Great work as always though, I'm really loving this new addition!

• Like 7