Don't Starve Together - May QOL Update

So I was doing a bit of experimenting with Wilson and found a bug. No worries, I reported it but I thought I'd share my findings (and the bug)  here.

So, as Wilson, you normally don't have access changing your beard skins through the Wardrobe. They cannot be changed when starting at the Portal. However, starting with your chosen Elegant automatically equips you with the corresponding beard skin. So if you have his Victorian Elegant and start the game with it, you'll automatically be equipped with the Victorian beard skin.

If you wish to change your beard skin as Wilson without changing your skin set through normal gameplay, you can cast the Clean Sweeper on yourself to change your beard skin. So you could be using the Guest of Honor skin and decide you want to use the Triumphant beard. You're allowed to do that.

The Snowfallen's beard skin, however, does not come assigned to the Snowfallen Elegant by default. Even if you change from one Elegant to another via the Wardrobe, it sets itself to the default skin by default when going back to the Snowfallen skin, so you'd have to use the Clean Sweeper to get the beard that goes along with it.

It's still nice to have the beard skins, however. It adds an extra layer of customization to Wilson that other characters don't have.

Spoiler

But does this mean that Wilson's rework came early? Hmmmmmmmm?

• Developer
41 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Also why were so many skins updated? Just doing some polishing up?

We discovered a class of bugs that is requiring us to re-export a bunch of older art. So you'll probably see more of those old files changing in the next few updates.

The new compendium feels like a dating sim description:

um.thumb.png.bbea22f5454d1220635002f6ad120fee.png

6 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

So if you have his Victorian Elegant and start the game with it, you'll automatically be equipped with the Victorian beard skin

Yeah, I was hoping to have a beard to chose for my piggsbury skin since I main that skin.Not sure why you can't chose beards in the wardrobe.

Putting Carrat on Carrat Scale and inspecting him still crashes the game, am I supposed to delete my YoTC saves? :( 

11 minutes ago, JoeW said:

That string is outdated on the Wiki, we changed it a while back. Willow did not know Walter

Is this because all the people Willow knew she burned alive in an orphanage? xD

Awesome changes! These beards are something I've prayed for for aaages. I think the one final thing that could top this off, maybe even make it perfect, is the ability to trim your beard. Just let it go down one stage. Maybe even pack beard changing in with the razor? Beard trimming is THE final thing to make this perfect, actually. Beards are no longer ugly/comedic anymore, they're fun to mess around with! This is so cool

Edit (if anyone sees): I say this because the new official names for Wilson's stages of... beardiness... seem to imply that his beard can be tended to.

Or maybe that's a tease on his rework..? (Whenever that's gonna happen)

image.png.9cbddf9194748cbbfc9c397c91c87848.pngimage.png.39505b7079e3a218185cd1fd5fe3f971.png

Something i forgot to ask in my original post: Is the Webber update soon too? Or has Walter taken up his update spot completely? (like Warly taking up Woodie's spot in 2019)

(I say Webber because we all know he's next, let's be real here.)

Archived